First Republic (CA) Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

Preferred Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at First Republic (CA).

In total, I interviewed with 25 people, all from different branches of First Republic Bank. They all seemed to be disinterested in spending 5 minutes of their time with me. According to my interviewers, it is First Republic custom for a potential employee to meet with almost all of the preferred bankers. After completing these 25 different interviews, First Republic had me fill out a one page financial proposal. In this proposal I was to come up with a new idea and back it with a financial plan. This was one of the longest interviewing processes I have ever been through.

Interview Questions
    • Personally, I was not asked any technical questions. However, I was asked mainly situational questions. Many of the questions focused on how I would treat a client if x, y, and z, were to happen. First Republic takes these questions into serious consideration because it is the Preferred Banker's main job to treat the client with the utmost respect.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Republic (CA).

Applied online through a professionals website. About 10 days later, I had the initial screening interview and then three days later I had a scheduled phone interview with the hiring manager. All through the 2nd interview I got the impression they were just going through the motions. The interview was only scheduled for 30 minutes - it lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer walked me through areas of my resume. I could hear the click-clack of keyboard keys throughout the interview. The interviewer seemed obsessed with why I would relocate to San Francisco. Not why I wanted to work for the Bank - why I would relocate to San Francisco. Within an hour after the interview I received an email stating they were moving on with another candidate. Like I said, I got the feeling they had already decided, and the interview was pro forma.

Vendor Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Republic (CA) in August 2014.

Got a call after 2 weeks of application. A contract employee was screening the resumes. He wrote an email asking for a date. Upon confirmation, he arranged a schedule of 5 interviews, 30 minutes each on a Monday morning.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Simple conversation trying to understand the experience.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview starts with asking you to walk them through your resume. Questions will ask you detail instances in which you instigated change. Many of the questions are general and not what they really want to know about. You will answer what they ask you, but realize later the question was really probing about something else related to the initial query posed to you. Posted job descriptions are not accurate, be prepared to really probe what the position entail. Overall, interview went very smoothly.

Mortgage Lending Products Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at First Republic (CA) in May 2014.

Administration Interview

It was a long interview process, you are interviewed by several people. Started with a phone call, then an in-person meeting. The in-person one was very long, met with 4 different people that day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or out of the ordinary, I just remember discussing mostly what I was capable of, had been doing previously, and then a few questions about myself. One stuck out, the interviewer asked me how I had handled a difficult life situation, but nothing crazy.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at First Republic (CA).

all they want to know is that you have a huge book, but be ware they may end up firing you to poach that book of business, so make sure that you have a strong following of clients before you make that jump.

Interview Questions
    • you run through a number of people during the interviewing process from local mgmt to senior executive management and all the questions surround what can you bring to us.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Republic (CA) in June 2010.

Formal, friendly, 1-4 interviewers in the room
    Most of the focus was on inter-relational aspects (building and reaching consensus), being inclusive, following processes
    Beware that FRB conducts strict background checks and that many fail to clear that hurdle

Interview Questions
    • As usual, beware of behavioral questions - FRB is a traditional and consensus driven place.
      This means: be inclusive, be thorough, drive the process and always defer to the business side for the last word.
      FRB is very traditional and the business and IT sides have not really managed to create effective synergy. This means that the business side wants to drive IT without too many concerns about cost/complexity/feasibility .
        View Answer
    N/A - I obtained the rate I wanted

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at First Republic (CA).

Extremely long. Usually they want you to meet 4-6 people in one day or spread out depending on everyone's schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Most are pretty straight forward. Usually it's more about a personality match than anything else.   Answer Question
    They didn't negotiate.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Republic (CA).

I posted my resume on Monster.com. A recruiter from CA reached out to me shortly after. I interviewed with 4 individuals in one day at 4 different locations. I received the offer letter a week later. All the terms seemed attractive, therefore I accepted the offer.

Don't be shy to ask for what you think is right.

Worked for First Republic (CA)? Contribute to the Community!