First Republic (CA) Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Republic (CA).

Applied online through a professionals website. About 10 days later, I had the initial screening interview and then three days later I had a scheduled phone interview with the hiring manager. All through the 2nd interview I got the impression they were just going through the motions. The interview was only scheduled for 30 minutes - it lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer walked me through areas of my resume. I could hear the click-clack of keyboard keys throughout the interview. The interviewer seemed obsessed with why I would relocate to San Francisco. Not why I wanted to work for the Bank - why I would relocate to San Francisco. Within an hour after the interview I received an email stating they were moving on with another candidate. Like I said, I got the feeling they had already decided, and the interview was pro forma.

Vendor Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Republic (CA) in August 2014.

Got a call after 2 weeks of application. A contract employee was screening the resumes. He wrote an email asking for a date. Upon confirmation, he arranged a schedule of 5 interviews, 30 minutes each on a Monday morning.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Simple conversation trying to understand the experience.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at First Republic (CA) in June 2014.

The interview process was three interview for the position . They also want you to have excellent credit and have declined people for not having good credit. There was a phone interview, Then an interview with a regional manager. Then an interview with two additional people.Then there was the offer letter . The interview process took about 30 days.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase was okay and requested additional vacation

Mortgage Lending Products Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at First Republic (CA) in May 2014.

Interview starts with asking you to walk them through your resume. Questions will ask you detail instances in which you instigated change. Many of the questions are general and not what they really want to know about. You will answer what they ask you, but realize later the question was really probing about something else related to the initial query posed to you. Posted job descriptions are not accurate, be prepared to really probe what the position entail. Overall, interview went very smoothly.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Republic (CA).

all they want to know is that you have a huge book, but be ware they may end up firing you to poach that book of business, so make sure that you have a strong following of clients before you make that jump.

Interview Questions
    • you run through a number of people during the interviewing process from local mgmt to senior executive management and all the questions surround what can you bring to us.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at First Republic (CA).

Extremely long. Usually they want you to meet 4-6 people in one day or spread out depending on everyone's schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Most are pretty straight forward. Usually it's more about a personality match than anything else.   Answer Question
    They didn't negotiate.

Preferred Banking Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Republic (CA).

1st Interview was a 3 round interview asking basic knowledge of the company and why sales interests you. It lasted about 2 hours, so be prepared to answer a lot of questions from your resume along with asking them some as well. The interview is really resourceful for you as well because they have 1 or 2 current interns interview you, which is great for you to get a picture of what it's like to to work there.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Republic (CA) in August 2012.

I went in for one interview it was very straightforward. The questions were read off of a piece of paper and were standard, nothing creative or imaginative.
    The man interviewing me was very friendly, listened attentively and seemed like he had actually looked at my resume beforehand, which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected.
      Examples: When was a time you have relied on teamwork? In the past how have you dealt with a difficult client? etc.
        Answer Question

Online Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Republic (CA) in February 2012.

Asked me a bunch of questions regarding customer service. Job description is misleading. This job is basically taking telephone inquieres and walking customers through step by step to set up their online banking account or help them out if they are having trouble using it. Told me it was usually old people.

Interview Questions

Because this was a temp position and the job description was misleading.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Republic (CA) in May 2011.

6 different interviewees all asking very generic questions and sometimes the same questions

Interview Questions
    • Are you more technical or a people person.   View Answer