First Republic (CA) Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Vendor Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was 30 minutes long in a conference room. Was very quick and smooth. The interviewers were extremely friendly and very welcoming. The entire place had this very positive attitude. People will try to talk about their interest to you and ask for yours in return. The offices also look very neat and clean. The interviewers would ask some questions followed up by comments or more questions just to get…

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself? 2. How well do you work with teams? 3. How would your coworkers describe you?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The people were nice and friendly, they made the interview process easy as if you were talking to friends. Went through a few interviews and then they did a extensive background check - which is typical for banking

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult and demanding customers.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online through a professionals website. About 10 days later, I had the initial screening interview and then three days later I had a scheduled phone interview with the hiring manager. All through the 2nd interview I got the impression they were just going through the motions. The interview was only scheduled for 30 minutes - it lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer walked me through areas of my resume. I could hear the click-clack of keyboard keys throughout the interview. The interviewer seemed obsessed with why I would relocate to San Francisco. Not why I wanted to work for the Bank - why I would relocate to San Francisco. Within an hour after the interview I received an email stating they were moving on with another candidate. Like I said, I got the feeling they had already decided, and the interview was pro forma.

Interview Questions

• Why (relocate to) San Francisco?   1 Answer

Vendor Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Got a call after 2 weeks of application. A contract employee was screening the resumes. He wrote an email asking for a date. Upon confirmation, he arranged a schedule of 5 interviews, 30 minutes each on a Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Simple conversation trying to understand the experience.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was three interview for the position . They also want you to have excellent credit and have declined people for not having good credit. There was a phone interview, Then an interview with a regional manager. Then an interview with two additional people.Then there was the offer letter . The interview process took about 30 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was okay and requested additional vacation

Mortgage Lending Products Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview starts with asking you to walk them through your resume. Questions will ask you detail instances in which you instigated change. Many of the questions are general and not what they really want to know about. You will answer what they ask you, but realize later the question was really probing about something else related to the initial query posed to you. Posted job descriptions are not accurate, be prepared to really probe what the position entail. Overall, interview went very smoothly.

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I came into the office and met with 3 individuals-- hiring manager, group manager, and someone currently in the position I was applying for. The interviews were behavioral in nature and not threatening. The process ended up taking several weeks-- partially caused by First Republic and partially from the Staffing Agency who set up the interview for me. Initial contact to start date was 1-1.5 months.

Interview Questions

• How does past experience relate to current job?   1 Answer

Deposit Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager and the team lead. Not too formal. Very friendly and not too intimidating. DIdnt get the original position I applied for but was referred by hiring manager to apply for a different position because of my sociability.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that is related to this job?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

all they want to know is that you have a huge book, but be ware they may end up firing you to poach that book of business, so make sure that you have a strong following of clients before you make that jump.

Interview Questions

• you run through a number of people during the interviewing process from local mgmt to senior executive management and all the questions surround what can you bring to us.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Republic (CA) (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Extremely long. Usually they want you to meet 4-6 people in one day or spread out depending on everyone's schedule.

Interview Questions

• Most are pretty straight forward. Usually it's more about a personality match than anything else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate.