First Solar

29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Planner/Scheduler-PPM I Interview

Planner/Scheduler-PPM I

I applied through other source and interviewed at First Solar.

Interview Details – Interview went well. The hiring manager was a great person to chat with and extremely informative on the operations of the company. They ask for more than the job description entails and are looking for a high level experience than what they advertise for. Have not received anything back.

Interview Question – Advertised to hire a project planner level 1, but the interview proved they were actually looking for someone who was both a scheduler, analyst, and more of a 5-7yr experience. Questions were based off that agenda.   Answer Question

Site Survey Interview

Site Survey
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at First Solar in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview is at first. And they asked about PV related experience. They need to check job location first, but the location might be different from what you submitted for. I apply for Bridgewater in New Jersey, but they want me to take the job in Arizona. I am confused.

Interview Question – Do you need sponsorship?   View Answer

Manager, Performance Interview

Manager, Performance
Mesa, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at First Solar in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very professionally organized interview. Very prompt and professional. Interviewers were very cordial and made me feel welcome

Interview Question – More Solar industry related and I knew the Answer but didnt understand the jargon.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Solar in January 2012.

Interview Details – Referred by friend.

Interview Question – Lots of technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Perrysburg, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at First Solar.

Interview Details – The company has moved away from a robust process because HR is not properly staffed. If you interview well.. Congrats.. the job is yours....

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel? Do you mind if FS does not apply work life balance?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – solid

SAP Analyst Interview

SAP Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Solar.

Interview Details – Full day interview, meeting with four separate people.

Interview Question – Give an example of a specific situation that I did not experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Went well.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at First Solar.

Interview Details – First interviewed with HR. Very pleasant, friendly and genuine. Explained the position in detail and asked about my background.
Then a follow up interview with a hiring manage who also was friendly and frank.

Interview Question – None were too difficult questions   Answer Question

CAD Intern Interview

CAD Intern

I applied online - interviewed at First Solar in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position.Received an email to set up a phone interview.The interview lasted for about 20 minutes.Interview consisted of basic HR questions followed by CAD related questions.The interviewer discussed the resume in detail.They were looking for someone who had software support experience along with CAD skills.The interview involved questions on experience related to testing and deployment of CAD software.

Interview Question – Since it was the first phone interview, it involved basic questions about resume and skills.   Answer Question

Field Technician II Interview

Field Technician II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at First Solar in November 2012.

Interview Details – you first make contact with a recruiter who has already reviewed your resume. who then ask if he can forward it to the hiring managers if they like your resume then you are scheduled for a phone interview with 3 managers which is about an hour long. if they liked you during that interview you will be flown out to Arizona where you will be interviewed by about 4 or 5 people over the course of 4 hours

Interview Question – make sure everything is focused around safety. as with first solar safety comes before production   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at First Solar

Interview Details – Lengthy and repetitive

Interview Question – Where I see the future of Solar heading   Answer Question

Worked for First Solar? Contribute to the Community!