Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at First Solar
- Engineer I (2)
- Intern (2)
- IT (1)
- Administrator (1)
- Senior Manager (1)
- Management (1)
- Systems Analyst (1)
- IT Architect (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Environmental Manager (1)
- Estimating (1)
- Any (1)
- Field Engineer (1)
- Recruiting Coordinator (1)
- Project Development Analyst (1)
- Field Technician II (1)
- Financial Systems Analyst (1)
- SAP Analyst (1)
- Controls Engineer (1)
- Office Manager (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Reliability Engineer (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Manager (1)
- Accounting/Finance (1)
- Development Engineer Technician III (1)
- Developer IT (1)
- CAD Intern (1)
- Manager, Performance (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at First Solar (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.
Behavioral interview. Panel of interviews that covered a specific behavior. The agenda was provided ahead of time to allow me to prepare for the line of questioning. Very professional but personable as well. Allowed plenty of time for me to ask questions and have dialogue with the interviewers.
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone who either disagreed with you/thought you were wrong/stubborn or someone who was difficult. 1 Answer
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at First Solar.
Initial HR interview followed by an in-person (7 hours). Team of 6 interviewed me 1 by 1 asking the same repetitive behavioral interview questions all day long with hardly any "technical" questions.
Questions: Strenghts / Weaknesses, long term goals, solving problems, describe scenario where - meeting goals, exceeding expectations, what your previous managers say about you, one word that describes you, approach to solving a problem, a time when you delegated a project, how you deal with conflicts.
- Interview went really well but never heard from the manager or HR. I gave up after reaching out multiple times with the same response from HR 'managers are still reviewing candidates' and that was it. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive Experience
Thorough process, background check etc. Heard it's a great place to get into. I just hope they are open to the possibility of a different type of candidate. Great workers vary in looks.
- Why should we hire you. 1 Answer
Helpful (3)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at First Solar (Tempe, AZ).
The Interview was easy. There were very few technical questions. The interview didn't really seem like they enjoy their jobs and really did not seem to care. Seems like a very slow and boring place to work. Met with 5 different people and they all asked the same questions. There was no communication between interviewers.
- Why do you feel qualified for the job Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Didnt like how the company felt.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at First Solar (Houston, TX) in August 2014.
Initial phone screening, Phone interview. HR contact was friendly and professional. Interviewer was calculating but fair. Overall process was pretty standard and uneventful. Ultimately, was not an ideal opportunity and position was offered to someone else.
- Standard review of resume and experience Answer Question
- No Offer
I applied through other source – interviewed at First Solar.
Interview went well. The hiring manager was a great person to chat with and extremely informative on the operations of the company. They ask for more than the job description entails and are looking for a high level experience than what they advertise for. Have not received anything back.
- Advertised to hire a project planner level 1, but the interview proved they were actually looking for someone who was both a scheduler, analyst, and more of a 5-7yr experience. Questions were based off that agenda. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at First Solar (Bridgewater, NJ) in February 2014.
Phone interview is at first. And they asked about PV related experience. They need to check job location first, but the location might be different from what you submitted for. I apply for Bridgewater in New Jersey, but they want me to take the job in Arizona. I am confused.
- Do you need sponsorship? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days – interviewed at First Solar (Perrysburg, OH).
The company has moved away from a robust process because HR is not properly staffed. If you interview well.. Congrats.. the job is yours....
- Are you willing to travel? Do you mind if FS does not apply work life balance? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at First Solar.
Full day interview, meeting with four separate people.
- Give an example of a specific situation that I did not experience. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at First Solar (Phoenix, AZ).
First interviewed with HR. Very pleasant, friendly and genuine. Explained the position in detail and asked about my background.
Then a follow up interview with a hiring manage who also was friendly and frank.
- None were too difficult questions Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review