First Solar Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.2

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Solar (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Panel of interviews that covered a specific behavior. The agenda was provided ahead of time to allow me to prepare for the line of questioning. Very professional but personable as well. Allowed plenty of time for me to ask questions and have dialogue with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone who either disagreed with you/thought you were wrong/stubborn or someone who was difficult.   1 Answer

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Solar.

Interview

Initial HR interview followed by an in-person (7 hours). Team of 6 interviewed me 1 by 1 asking the same repetitive behavioral interview questions all day long with hardly any "technical" questions.

Questions: Strenghts / Weaknesses, long term goals, solving problems, describe scenario where - meeting goals, exceeding expectations, what your previous managers say about you, one word that describes you, approach to solving a problem, a time when you delegated a project, how you deal with conflicts.

Interview Questions

• Interview went really well but never heard from the manager or HR. I gave up after reaching out multiple times with the same response from HR 'managers are still reviewing candidates' and that was it.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Interview

Thorough process, background check etc. Heard it's a great place to get into. I just hope they are open to the possibility of a different type of candidate. Great workers vary in looks.

Performance Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Solar (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The Interview was easy. There were very few technical questions. The interview didn't really seem like they enjoy their jobs and really did not seem to care. Seems like a very slow and boring place to work. Met with 5 different people and they all asked the same questions. There was no communication between interviewers.

Interview Questions

Didnt like how the company felt.

Project Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Solar (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening, Phone interview. HR contact was friendly and professional. Interviewer was calculating but fair. Overall process was pretty standard and uneventful. Ultimately, was not an ideal opportunity and position was offered to someone else.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at First Solar.

Interview

Interview went well. The hiring manager was a great person to chat with and extremely informative on the operations of the company. They ask for more than the job description entails and are looking for a high level experience than what they advertise for. Have not received anything back.

Interview Questions

• Advertised to hire a project planner level 1, but the interview proved they were actually looking for someone who was both a scheduler, analyst, and more of a 5-7yr experience. Questions were based off that agenda.   Answer Question

Site Survey Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at First Solar (Bridgewater, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview is at first. And they asked about PV related experience. They need to check job location first, but the location might be different from what you submitted for. I apply for Bridgewater in New Jersey, but they want me to take the job in Arizona. I am confused.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at First Solar (Perrysburg, OH).

Interview

The company has moved away from a robust process because HR is not properly staffed. If you interview well.. Congrats.. the job is yours....

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel? Do you mind if FS does not apply work life balance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

solid

SAP Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Solar.

Interview

Full day interview, meeting with four separate people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a specific situation that I did not experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Went well.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at First Solar (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

First interviewed with HR. Very pleasant, friendly and genuine. Explained the position in detail and asked about my background.
    Then a follow up interview with a hiring manage who also was friendly and frank.