First Solar Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

3.3

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at First Solar in February 2010.

I talked to several people, interviewed 3 times, each person had a different area to cover (behaviour, technical experience, fit into culture etc.). Phone interview lasted an hour. In person interview lasted half a day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a specific question regarding agreement negotiations. Don't recall details, years ago.   Answer Question

Planner/Scheduler-PPM I Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at First Solar.

Interview went well. The hiring manager was a great person to chat with and extremely informative on the operations of the company. They ask for more than the job description entails and are looking for a high level experience than what they advertise for. Have not received anything back.

Interview Questions
    • Advertised to hire a project planner level 1, but the interview proved they were actually looking for someone who was both a scheduler, analyst, and more of a 5-7yr experience. Questions were based off that agenda.   Answer Question

Site Survey Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at First Solar in February 2014.

Phone interview is at first. And they asked about PV related experience. They need to check job location first, but the location might be different from what you submitted for. I apply for Bridgewater in New Jersey, but they want me to take the job in Arizona. I am confused.

Manager, Performance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at First Solar in August 2012.

Very professionally organized interview. Very prompt and professional. Interviewers were very cordial and made me feel welcome

Interview Questions
    • More Solar industry related and I knew the Answer but didnt understand the jargon.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Solar in January 2012.

Referred by friend.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at First Solar.

The company has moved away from a robust process because HR is not properly staffed. If you interview well.. Congrats.. the job is yours....

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to travel? Do you mind if FS does not apply work life balance?   Answer Question
    solid

SAP Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Solar.

Full day interview, meeting with four separate people.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a specific situation that I did not experience.   Answer Question
    Went well.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at First Solar.

First interviewed with HR. Very pleasant, friendly and genuine. Explained the position in detail and asked about my background.
    Then a follow up interview with a hiring manage who also was friendly and frank.

CAD Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at First Solar in March 2013.

Applied online for the position.Received an email to set up a phone interview.The interview lasted for about 20 minutes.Interview consisted of basic HR questions followed by CAD related questions.The interviewer discussed the resume in detail.They were looking for someone who had software support experience along with CAD skills.The interview involved questions on experience related to testing and deployment of CAD software.

Interview Questions
    • Since it was the first phone interview, it involved basic questions about resume and skills.   Answer Question

Field Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at First Solar in November 2012.

you first make contact with a recruiter who has already reviewed your resume. who then ask if he can forward it to the hiring managers if they like your resume then you are scheduled for a phone interview with 3 managers which is about an hour long. if they liked you during that interview you will be flown out to Arizona where you will be interviewed by about 4 or 5 people over the course of 4 hours

Interview Questions
    • make sure everything is focused around safety. as with first solar safety comes before production   Answer Question

Worked for First Solar? Contribute to the Community!