First Solar Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Lengthy and repetitive

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at First Solar.

Interview

Informal

CAD Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Solar in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online for the position.Received an email to set up a phone interview.The interview lasted for about 20 minutes.Interview consisted of basic HR questions followed by CAD related questions.The interviewer discussed the resume in detail.They were looking for someone who had software support experience along with CAD skills.The interview involved questions on experience related to testing and deployment of CAD software.

Interview Questions

• Since it was the first phone interview, it involved basic questions about resume and skills.   Answer Question

Field Technician II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at First Solar (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

you first make contact with a recruiter who has already reviewed your resume. who then ask if he can forward it to the hiring managers if they like your resume then you are scheduled for a phone interview with 3 managers which is about an hour long. if they liked you during that interview you will be flown out to Arizona where you will be interviewed by about 4 or 5 people over the course of 4 hours

Interview Questions

• make sure everything is focused around safety. as with first solar safety comes before production   Answer Question

Manager, Performance Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Solar (Mesa, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Very professionally organized interview. Very prompt and professional. Interviewers were very cordial and made me feel welcome

Interview Questions

• More Solar industry related and I knew the Answer but didnt understand the jargon.   Answer Question

Developer IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Solar (Perrysburg, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

There were 5 rounds taken place in one day over a span of 5 hours.
    in each round there was only one person interviewing me.
    all the 5 rounds were as below.
    they have a set of questions each around
    1.what were you doing in your past job
     your strengths and weakness in this
    2.what were the difficult situations
    your strengths and weaknesses
    3. Customer relationships
    your strengths and weaknesses
    4. what would your old manager say about your strengths, weaknesses
    5. some technical questions around by area of subject

Interview Questions

• i didn't expect to be asked weaknesses around each question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have to better tell them the pay you were looking for before you go to the interview.
    But still there is scope to negotiate after the interview. Also there are couple of locations you can work after joining.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Solar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Referred by friend.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Solar (Perrysburg, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

it went well . first round was all about technical and later round carried technical process. It was pretty much normal process.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Solar (Perrysburg, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter, face-to-face meeting with several people, 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

• How did your performance compare to last year's performance?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at First Solar (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

First Solar has the most disciplined interviewing process that I have encountered. All employees that interview attend mandatory interviewing training. When an interview is performed, all members of the interview are assigned a topic to focus on certain aspects of the company's core values - ex: "Results Matter", "Continuous Improvement", or "Overall Fit". Interviewers are also given a standard template of questions to help guide them in probing the candidate's experiences and reactions in given situations.

The most difficult part of the interview process is the "Structured Interview" where the candidate's prospective hiring manager delves deeply into the candidate's past work history, asking about their accomplishments, the things that they would do better, the things that their past managers and co-workers would say about them, and their reason for leaving each position.

At the end of the process, this same team meets and evaluates each candidate to determine which one to hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I only negotiated for an extra week of vacation. Standard vacation is two weeks for new hires, but I asked for extra and received three weeks vacation based on my skills and experience.