First Student Interview Questions & Reviews

41 interviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belleville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Student in July 2010.

One on one interview with one of the members of management, once they accept you for employment, you must obtain permits from the secretary of state to obtain the permits for driving a school bus, then you must pass a drug screening and physical to complete the hiring process.

None

Driver/Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Batavia, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Student.

1-1 interview, very easy, after interview there will be classroom training to obtain your cdl or to become an attendant, classroom is about 2 weeks and then there is 2 weeks of behind the wheel driver before you are sent to the d.m.v to get tested and given your cdl and can start driving. this is all unpaid.

Charter Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at First Student in April 2014.

I wHas selected through a staffing agency. First interviewed with the Sales Manager. We started talking about what a great idea the charter company was and he kind of stopped after that like he was waiting for me to talk. I had to direct his focus to my resume and then it was the same old stale questions. He exuded little energy and enthusiasm and told me he came to the company because he was unhappy in his last job. He didn't even talk about being proud of what the company had accomplished. Applying for a sales job I would not want to work for someone who was not enthusiastic. How would he motivate his team?

Interview Questions
    • I asked him what he thought about whether I would be a good fit   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakdale, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at First Student.

The interview was very straight forward. Questions ranged from my availability, to physical ability (as related to the job), driving record, and so-on. I was informed that I would need to pass a drug screening and background check to receive an offer. I was notified quickly when both of those were passed, and received an offer to begin training.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any difficult questions. The majority of it seemed to be an evaluation of qualifications, a background check, and drug screening.   Answer Question

Terminal Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at First Student.

applied for the job and had all of the qualification. It was a joke because they already knew who they were hiring. The person that was hired had none of the qualifications listed.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tecumseh, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Tecumseh, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at First Student.

I had an interview with the office manager.

School Bus Driver Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at First Student in January 2010.

show up fill out an application if they feel like giving you one that day

Interview Questions
    show up for unpaid training pass your road test and go to work

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Twentynine Palms, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twentynine Palms, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Student in June 2010.

Hire process was short. Interview with staff went well

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to be school bus driver?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at First Student in October 2009.

Hiring process consisted of one interview, followed by a training period that included both presentation of class material, behind the wheel training in both urban and rural road conditions. As well, the training included safety checks on the condition of the bus operating systems, such as the air brake system.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a student picked a fight and physically assaulted another student on the bus?   View Answer
    There was a union contract governing conditions and terms of employment, wages, hours and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at First Student in June 2009.

saw they were hiring on internet,submitted application,they called at home ,told me to come for interview was told to bring h6 took the training was hired after 8 weeks of training

Interview Questions
    • can you deal with disabled or wheelchair kids   View Answer
    n/a

Worked for First Student? Contribute to the Community!