First Student Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Hesperia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Student (Hesperia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my app online got a call asking if I would consider a different location interviewed at the new location a few days later, by the end of the week I received an email to come to their orientation. There is no paid training, part-time only. Drug test and background are done after training.

Interview Questions

• Just asked basic situational questions, have you worked with children before.   Answer Question

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Holland, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at First Student (South Holland, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I havent been hired yet, I went in and met the recruiter, we talked, they made copies and I filled out paper work, I was told to come back in a week to take 2 days of a cdl class.

Interview Questions

• Have you driven a bus before? Do you have a cdl already?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mazomanie, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at First Student (Mazomanie, WI).

Interview

Hiring process is long and there's a lot of paperwork. The interview is super easy, basically if you like kids, or don't, you get the job as long as you pass all of the background checks, drug tests and driving record checks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, this terminal is covered by a union, so you get to pay $150 to the teamsters in your first 5 weeks. Also, training is like 4 weeks long and you don't get paid for it until a month after you're done training.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Student (Kenosha, WI).

Interview

It was a typical Interview process.It was a typical Interview process.It was a typical Interview process.It was a typical Interview process.It was a typical Interview process. was a typical Hiring and Interview process.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Berrien Springs, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Student (Berrien Springs, MI).

Interview

Very easy interview. Face to face about 30 minutes of basic questions followed by forms to sign. No need to prepare for it. Hiring decision made on the spot usually of after background and driving record results come back in 24 hrs.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Champlin, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Student (Champlin, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

The whole thing took less than half an hour. I filled out the application, signed the background and MVS check authorizations, and had a brief interview with one of the trainers. By the end I had a contingent offer of employment pending a DOT physical, drug test, and background check.

Interview Questions

• Please rank the following in order of importance to you: safety, timeliness, customer service   1 Answer

Driver/Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Student (Batavia, IL).

Interview

1-1 interview, very easy, after interview there will be classroom training to obtain your cdl or to become an attendant, classroom is about 2 weeks and then there is 2 weeks of behind the wheel driver before you are sent to the d.m.v to get tested and given your cdl and can start driving. this is all unpaid.

Bus Monitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at First Student (Savannah, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Straight forward to the point cut and dry. A group panel is how we came in. We watched many videos as well as disscusions and then we over on to hands on training.

Charter Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at First Student (Naperville, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I wHas selected through a staffing agency. First interviewed with the Sales Manager. We started talking about what a great idea the charter company was and he kind of stopped after that like he was waiting for me to talk. I had to direct his focus to my resume and then it was the same old stale questions. He exuded little energy and enthusiasm and told me he came to the company because he was unhappy in his last job. He didn't even talk about being proud of what the company had accomplished. Applying for a sales job I would not want to work for someone who was not enthusiastic. How would he motivate his team?

Interview Questions

• I asked him what he thought about whether I would be a good fit   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakdale, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First Student (Oakdale, MN).

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. Questions ranged from my availability, to physical ability (as related to the job), driving record, and so-on. I was informed that I would need to pass a drug screening and background check to receive an offer. I was notified quickly when both of those were passed, and received an offer to begin training.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any difficult questions. The majority of it seemed to be an evaluation of qualifications, a background check, and drug screening.   Answer Question