First Tennessee Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.4

Teller I Interview

Interview

I interviewed with the branch manager and operations manager. Both were very nice. Basically just talked about family and the change over to FTB. Talked about my pay, the interview seemed to be misleading.. They acted like I had the job, and then no offer. ;(

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Knoxville, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

The process starts with phone interview. The talent acquisition agent was pleasant and conversational. We spoke several times on various phases of the hiring process. Face to face interview was a one on one, wasn't sure it was going to be a group interview because three names were given to meet with. The interviewers style relaxed and pleasant. It was not a difficult interview. After the interview they let you sit down with a representative to get an idea of the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an issue with working for banks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Interview

After Intervie.w no return responses to email of calls about status

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

very fast. three interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no neg

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Interview

Applied via website. I was interviewed by a Regional Sales Manager and one other branch manager. It was a very typical informational interview and did not dwell too deeply on behavioral stuff. Between the two interviews there was some testing that took place at their HR location in Nashville. Mostly, it seemed to be aiming at getting an ethics profile and a work pattern behavior picture. Once hired, I went through 4 weeks of classroom training before ever working in a branch. It was fairly easy training but a lot of the banking detail was excruciatingly boring.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any questions being especially unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no opportunity for negotiation. Entry-level jobs are often a take it or leave it affair at FTB.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I was referred by an employee so the interview was a little less formal than usual. After the interview, I didn't hear much for several weeks until I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more or less simply reviewing my history and experience. No trick questions and no 'personality' type questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiating. Take it or leave it. I received an offer several weeks after the interview.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Interview

The process was very straight-forward and friendly. One phone interview and then one in person interview at the office was all. The interviewers were what sold me on the job, they were extremely friendly and nice and really cared about if I was the right fit for the office and if it was the right fit for me. Not as formal as the big banks which is what they are proud of.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit in with us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation, but they came in at a salary I liked. I am hoping to negotiate benefits later.

Internal Audit - Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Memphis, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

Asked me about my qualifications RE: resume. Very interested in my computer/accounting experience and my audit background.

Interview Questions

• The extensive questions about computer/accounting/Excel experience.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative/Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Madison, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied on-line with the First Tennessee Bank website. I have 2 years of Lead Teller and In-Store Banker experience, so I felt I was qualified for the position which said it required zero years of experience. Was called by a HR representative who was extremely nice. She asked a few questions and wanted to schedule a more in-depth phone interview. I told her that would be great, and she asked if Saturday morning would be okay. I said yes, and was assuming by her scheduling this for a Saturday morning that they were eager to fill the position. The phone interview went well, and she told me that she wanted to schedule an in-person interview the following week with the branch manager. I was also told that I would need t take an on-line assessment. I took the assessment the following Monday morning, and then went for the interview that afternoon. I arrived about 10 minutes early for the interview and was introduced to the branch manager by a teller at the branch. We went into her office and basically for thirty minutes she was swinging her keys, drinking a sweet tea from McDonalds, and fidgeting in her chair while she was telling me about the company. She proceeded to tell me about how the previous person in this position had been terminated for not making sales goals, and how the person before that had just not been a good fit because he was a "trust fund baby" who thought the world revolved around him. I told her about my background in banking and retail and that I was interested in the position because I work at an in-store branch for another bank and would like to have a normal schedule where I don't work from 8:30 a.m. until 7:15 p.m. most days. My branch is also open on Saturday, Sunday, and most bank holidays, and I told her that I would like to spend more time with my family and I felt that this position would give me the opportunity to do something that I enjoy, but also have a schedule that would allow me to have a life outside of work. She asked me no questions about my experience, education, sales ability, or teller skills. She then introduced me to the branch staff. Most seemed to be very "blah" and didn't want to be there. She asked me if I had any questions, and then told me that she wanted me to interview with her boss who was out on vacation, so she would be in touch with me in a week. I heard nothing for two weeks, and finally called the recruiter back and asked what the status was on the position. She said that they were moving forward with other candidates. I have checked the website for the past two weeks, and the position is still posted. I don't understand why they are having such a problem filling this position. All in all, this was not a good experience, and I would not recommend anyone waste their time with this company.

Interview Questions

• (Questions from recruiter) Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • (Also from recruiter) Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what were the consequences?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Tennessee Bank (Knoxville, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position, a couple of weeks later I got a call from the hiring lady & she said they would like to set up a time to do a phone interview with me. I scheduled the interview & they called me exactly when the appointment was. She asked me about my past work experiences, to provide examples of times & had gone above & beyond at previous jobs & what my career goals were. It lasted about 15 minutes. She described the position and wanted me to come in for a face to face interview. She told me the location & we set up a time. I wouldn't be interviewing with her but the managers of the call center. When I arrived for the face to face, the managers had something come up & could not meet with me so I interviewed with a supervisor there. This lasted about 5 minutes & he didn't seem to quite know what to do. He asked me what my career goals were & then sat me with someone to have me listen to them take calls for a few minutes. Then the next day I was offered te job & met with the woman I had the phone interview with who took my fingerprints for a background check & provided me info on where to go for a drug test which I had to take within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever gone the extra mile to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question