First Tennessee Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Audit - Contract Interview

Internal Audit - Contract
Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in February 2012.

Interview Details – Asked me about my qualifications RE: resume. Very interested in my computer/accounting experience and my audit background.

Interview Question – The extensive questions about computer/accounting/Excel experience.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in December 2013.

Interview Details – very fast. three interviews

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no neg

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Interview Details – After Intervie.w no return responses to email of calls about status

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Interview Details – Applied via website. I was interviewed by a Regional Sales Manager and one other branch manager. It was a very typical informational interview and did not dwell too deeply on behavioral stuff. Between the two interviews there was some testing that took place at their HR location in Nashville. Mostly, it seemed to be aiming at getting an ethics profile and a work pattern behavior picture. Once hired, I went through 4 weeks of classroom training before ever working in a branch. It was fairly easy training but a lot of the banking detail was excruciatingly boring.

Interview Question – I do not recall any questions being especially unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity for negotiation. Entry-level jobs are often a take it or leave it affair at FTB.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee so the interview was a little less formal than usual. After the interview, I didn't hear much for several weeks until I received an offer.

Interview Question – The interview was more or less simply reviewing my history and experience. No trick questions and no 'personality' type questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiating. Take it or leave it. I received an offer several weeks after the interview.

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Interview Details – The process was very straight-forward and friendly. One phone interview and then one in person interview at the office was all. The interviewers were what sold me on the job, they were extremely friendly and nice and really cared about if I was the right fit for the office and if it was the right fit for me. Not as formal as the big banks which is what they are proud of.

Interview Question – Why do you think you fit in with us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation, but they came in at a salary I liked. I am hoping to negotiate benefits later.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position, a couple of weeks later I got a call from the hiring lady & she said they would like to set up a time to do a phone interview with me. I scheduled the interview & they called me exactly when the appointment was. She asked me about my past work experiences, to provide examples of times & had gone above & beyond at previous jobs & what my career goals were. It lasted about 15 minutes. She described the position and wanted me to come in for a face to face interview. She told me the location & we set up a time. I wouldn't be interviewing with her but the managers of the call center. When I arrived for the face to face, the managers had something come up & could not meet with me so I interviewed with a supervisor there. This lasted about 5 minutes & he didn't seem to quite know what to do. He asked me what my career goals were & then sat me with someone to have me listen to them take calls for a few minutes. Then the next day I was offered te job & met with the woman I had the phone interview with who took my fingerprints for a background check & provided me info on where to go for a drug test which I had to take within 2 days.

Interview Question – Have you ever gone the extra mile to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in December 2009.

Interview Details – Formal and consistent with companies of this size and industry. Screening with HR. Interviewed with Hiring Manager, His boss, two of his peers, and two of my potential peers.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Typical questions around experience, strengths, weaknesses, etc... Very big on your leadership style and personality to ensure that you fit in from a cultural perspective. Very big on achieving a diverse workforce (an area they have struggled with historically).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They knew what my expectations were initially and made an offer that was in line with my expectations. They low-balled me on base salary, however made it up on bonus and stock options that were more performance driven and completely acceptable to me. After being there 3 years, they have stayed true to providing this variable comp.

Commercial Relationship Manager Interview

Commercial Relationship Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in June 2008.

Interview Details – Initial job posting found on internet posting site. Contacted by HR rep for phone interview, then passed on to local manager and city executives for face to face interviews once approved by HR rep. Involved two rounds of local interviews, and then HR rep extended a verbal offer. I countered and the local hiring manager became involved to approve specifics. Written offer was made, which I accepted.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions that I can recall. Interviews were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary and relocation expenses.

Financial Service Representative/Teller Interview

Financial Service Representative/Teller
Madison, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on-line with the First Tennessee Bank website. I have 2 years of Lead Teller and In-Store Banker experience, so I felt I was qualified for the position which said it required zero years of experience. Was called by a HR representative who was extremely nice. She asked a few questions and wanted to schedule a more in-depth phone interview. I told her that would be great, and she asked if Saturday morning would be okay. I said yes, and was assuming by her scheduling this for a Saturday morning that they were eager to fill the position. The phone interview went well, and she told me that she wanted to schedule an in-person interview the following week with the branch manager. I was also told that I would need t take an on-line assessment. I took the assessment the following Monday morning, and then went for the interview that afternoon.

I arrived about 10 minutes early for the interview and was introduced to the branch manager by a teller at the branch. We went into her office and basically for thirty minutes she was swinging her keys, drinking a sweet tea from McDonalds, and fidgeting in her chair while she was telling me about the company. She proceeded to tell me about how the previous person in this position had been terminated for not making sales goals, and how the person before that had just not been a good fit because he was a "trust fund baby" who thought the world revolved around him. I told her about my background in banking and retail and that I was interested in the position because I work at an in-store branch for another bank and would like to have a normal schedule where I don't work from 8:30 a.m. until 7:15 p.m. most days. My branch is also open on Saturday, Sunday, and most bank holidays, and I told her that I would like to spend more time with my family and I felt that this position would give me the opportunity to do something that I enjoy, but also have a schedule that would allow me to have a life outside of work. She asked me no questions about my experience, education, sales ability, or teller skills. She then introduced me to the branch staff. Most seemed to be very "blah" and didn't want to be there. She asked me if I had any questions, and then told me that she wanted me to interview with her boss who was out on vacation, so she would be in touch with me in a week.

I heard nothing for two weeks, and finally called the recruiter back and asked what the status was on the position. She said that they were moving forward with other candidates. I have checked the website for the past two weeks, and the position is still posted. I don't understand why they are having such a problem filling this position. All in all, this was not a good experience, and I would not recommend anyone waste their time with this company.

Interview Questions

• (Questions from recruiter) Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
  • (Also from recruiter) Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what were the consequences?   Answer Question

Worked for First Tennessee Bank? Contribute to the Community!