First Tennessee Bank

2.4

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in June 2010.

My interview process had multiple stages: initial discussion with the HR person, a computer based personality screening, then two interviews with mid-level management. Most of the questions were pretty typical--some situational responses, some background/experience, some getting-to-know-you questions. It was very non-confrontational, and the interviewers were informative about what the job would entail and what I could expect.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions I found to be difficult or unexpected for a job in the financial industry working with customer service and sales.   Answer Question

Internal Audit - Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in February 2012.

Asked me about my qualifications RE: resume. Very interested in my computer/accounting experience and my audit background.

Interview Questions
    • The extensive questions about computer/accounting/Excel experience.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in December 2013.

very fast. three interviews

no neg

Sales Interview

I applied online - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

After Intervie.w no return responses to email of calls about status

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

Applied via website. I was interviewed by a Regional Sales Manager and one other branch manager. It was a very typical informational interview and did not dwell too deeply on behavioral stuff. Between the two interviews there was some testing that took place at their HR location in Nashville. Mostly, it seemed to be aiming at getting an ethics profile and a work pattern behavior picture. Once hired, I went through 4 weeks of classroom training before ever working in a branch. It was fairly easy training but a lot of the banking detail was excruciatingly boring.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any questions being especially unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no opportunity for negotiation. Entry-level jobs are often a take it or leave it affair at FTB.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

I was referred by an employee so the interview was a little less formal than usual. After the interview, I didn't hear much for several weeks until I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more or less simply reviewing my history and experience. No trick questions and no 'personality' type questions   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiating. Take it or leave it. I received an offer several weeks after the interview.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank.

The process was very straight-forward and friendly. One phone interview and then one in person interview at the office was all. The interviewers were what sold me on the job, they were extremely friendly and nice and really cared about if I was the right fit for the office and if it was the right fit for me. Not as formal as the big banks which is what they are proud of.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation, but they came in at a salary I liked. I am hoping to negotiate benefits later.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in April 2011.

I applied for the position, a couple of weeks later I got a call from the hiring lady & she said they would like to set up a time to do a phone interview with me. I scheduled the interview & they called me exactly when the appointment was. She asked me about my past work experiences, to provide examples of times & had gone above & beyond at previous jobs & what my career goals were. It lasted about 15 minutes. She described the position and wanted me to come in for a face to face interview. She told me the location & we set up a time. I wouldn't be interviewing with her but the managers of the call center. When I arrived for the face to face, the managers had something come up & could not meet with me so I interviewed with a supervisor there. This lasted about 5 minutes & he didn't seem to quite know what to do. He asked me what my career goals were & then sat me with someone to have me listen to them take calls for a few minutes. Then the next day I was offered te job & met with the woman I had the phone interview with who took my fingerprints for a background check & provided me info on where to go for a drug test which I had to take within 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever gone the extra mile to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in December 2009.

Formal and consistent with companies of this size and industry. Screening with HR. Interviewed with Hiring Manager, His boss, two of his peers, and two of my potential peers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Typical questions around experience, strengths, weaknesses, etc... Very big on your leadership style and personality to ensure that you fit in from a cultural perspective. Very big on achieving a diverse workforce (an area they have struggled with historically).   Answer Question
    They knew what my expectations were initially and made an offer that was in line with my expectations. They low-balled me on base salary, however made it up on bonus and stock options that were more performance driven and completely acceptable to me. After being there 3 years, they have stayed true to providing this variable comp.

Commercial Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at First Tennessee Bank in June 2008.

Initial job posting found on internet posting site. Contacted by HR rep for phone interview, then passed on to local manager and city executives for face to face interviews once approved by HR rep. Involved two rounds of local interviews, and then HR rep extended a verbal offer. I countered and the local hiring manager became involved to approve specifics. Written offer was made, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions that I can recall. Interviews were pretty straight forward.   Answer Question
    Negotiated salary and relocation expenses.

Worked for First Tennessee Bank? Contribute to the Community!