FirstBank (Colorado)

www.efirstbank.com
  www.efirstbank.com

FirstBank (Colorado) Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at FirstBank (Colorado)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at FirstBank (Colorado).

Basically just a conversation with HR representatives that were officers within the company. 2 one-on-one interviews were followed by a one-on-one interview with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic, just be extremely polite and professional   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate, starting salary is highly structured in all positions
    Can negotiate moving expenses/starting bonus though but use incredible amount of tact because it's a small company and any presumptuous conversations with HR will follow you for the rest of your career

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Typical corporate process: initial phone interview followed by in-person with manager (and, in this case, their superior), and finally a 1:1 with the department VP

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned, all questions were very typical and there was nothing unexpected or unusual about the interviews or process   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FirstBank (Colorado).

Be positive. Show how you can multitask. Talk about something that shows commitment. Show desire to provide excellent results and overachieve. Being a team-player is very important.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to ask questions at the end of the interview. This is critical.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Everybody starts at the same level.

IT/Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) in October 2012.

Upon submitting an application online I was contacted by the position's supervisor for a brief phone screening and then sent a paper application, a form for self-identifying, a credit check approval form and a link to an aptitude test. I submitted those and was scheduled for an interview for the next week. The First Interview was a personal interview with the supervisor and his manager. It was pretty laid back but professional, and questions included my hobbies, what had I heard about FirstBank (standard ego stroking), and why I thought I would be a good fit there. They also asked about my technical background, and some of my proudest accomplishments in the work place. At the end they asked me to pitch my myself to them, and why I thought I was the best for the position. It was all very standard for an interview, and it was a full hour long.

During the interview I did ask about their online aptitude test and they stated that it was one of their primary screening tools. It was 20 questions, and were standard SAT type questions like "X is to Y as A is to what?", shape association questions, and math word problems. They said I did very well on it, and if I hadn't I wouldn't be there for the interview.

I got called back for a second technical interview, with three people. The first was the same immediate supervisor for the position, and the other two were Tier II technicians. They asked questions like "What technology would you like to know more about?" "What is the technology that frustrates you most?", "Have you used SCCM?", "What do you excel at technologically?" and the ugliest one, "Walk me through pumping gas step-by-step". They also asked my current job, what I did there and what it's environment and what I liked about it, and what I didn't like. They closed the interview with another "Use a sales pitch to tell us why you would be perfect for this job" question. This interview also lasted a full hour long.

A week later I was offered a position over the phone, and this is where the trouble in their hiring process happened. The supervisor asked me if I needed to give two weeks, and I replied that I absolutely did. We set my first day and I heard very little from them for the next week an a half. Then I got an email asking me to bring ID, information on for the Bonding Form, my mortgage information, and it also strongly encouraged me to open a FirstBank checking account for direct deposit. All of these I expected. In that same email it asked for me to send along work and personal references that they could check. I had thought they had done these already, as they were on the applications I had already filled out, but no matter. The next day I received an email requesting that I respond to some items on my credit report, such as parking tickets that were 5 years old and the one truly negative mark on my report. Please bear in mind that all of these issues have been paid in full. They said if I couldn't adequately explain these issues they would be forced to disqualify me from the job.

I have satisfactory responses for all of the issues and I find them non-issues anyway because they are all paid in full, but what was not explained to me before hiring was that it was their standard policy to check credit reports and personal banking habits as part of security. This information would then be shared with my manager. This did not sit well with me. I understand it being shared with a trained security official, but not my manager. This is something that can definitely color the work environment in a negative light in the everyday workplace.

The pay rate of the job is good, and the benefits seem excellent. They need to be more up front about their hiring process and what will be expected specifically regarding their security and how they watch their employees. They also absolutely need to do their employee vetting BEFORE they give a job offer. That's just backwards. I end up declining the position because of these things, as it doesn't bode well for my privacy or how they manage their day to day operations.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me step-by-step through how a person would pump gas.   View Answer

I decided that I didn't want my boss peering into my financial life as much as they do. I understand it's a bank and they need to have security, but these things should be handled by security officials that have no connection to the day to day operations. I also really disliked how they checked references (which are good) and scrutinized credit after they offered me the job. These things were never even mentioned when they offered me the job. That's not professional, and it made the company seem very dysfunctional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at FirstBank (Colorado).

Be prepared for a long process. If you are hired, you can usually expect about a 3-5month hiring process with an application, cover letter, resume, testing (used to incorporate a Wonderlic Test) but recently changed gears to use more of a personality style test.

Interview Questions
    • They want the best... top 1-3% of intellectuals with the ability to teach yourself quickly and remember/retain everything you are told the very first time. Be extremely sharp and quick witted. Don't expect to learn with hands-on repetition. Expect verbal instructions and quickly incorporate a learning style within yourself that enables you to learn everything the first time you are told.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) in January 2012.

Resume submission
    SAT type test
    Grammar test
    Interview with 2 people

Interview Questions
    • There really was nothing unexpected nor difficult   View Answer

PC Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FirstBank (Colorado) in June 2010.

Every applicant must take a Wonderlic test before being eligible for an interview. Lots of information online about this test, and it sounds like they have 1 standard for everyone. My interviewers did not know what I scored, or even the minimum score needed, they just get a 'pass/fail' report from the HR department. This test was open to when ever I wanted to show up (during normal business hours), no appointment needed. It took 3~4 weeks from the initial application to get a call about taking the Wonderlic test though.

I received a call 2 days after taking the test from the department head to schedule the interview, and had the interview 4 days later. The interview was with the specific department supervisor and the head of the department. The interview was very standard, questions about background, some other typical interview questions (what did you find most challenging about your last job, what do you look for in a job/career, etc...), then a few technical questions to judge my skills. All interspersed with information about the position and company.

The work place (that I saw, only a small part) looked clean, well lit and there were lots of windows in the staff areas we visited. Dress code appears to be business casual (a few guys were wearing slacks and polo shirts, most were wearing button down shirts, and a few had ties, ladies were all in more professional attire). Both of my interviewers seemed very personable, and I even got them to laugh a little at the end. I've done both sides of the interview coin, it can be draining to have to add this task to all the rest of your normal job duties and it was reflected in both of my interviewers. When I asked about turn-over, they both said that it's Very low ~ which mimics some information written by employees on this site.I have no doubt that this would be a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • What part of your last job did you find the most challenging?   Answer Question

The position is not what I want to do. They described it as being vast majority of telephone support, and I like/want more personal interaction. The hours were decidedly unattractive as well (2 days off a week, but not together). I may have put up with the telephone support aspect while working to move into a different position if it weren't for the work schedule issue.