FirstBank Holding Company

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

PC Support Interview

Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FirstBank Holding Company in June 2010.

Interview Details – Every applicant must take a Wonderlic test before being eligible for an interview. Lots of information online about this test, and it sounds like they have 1 standard for everyone. My interviewers did not know what I scored, or even the minimum score needed, they just get a 'pass/fail' report from the HR department. This test was open to when ever I wanted to show up (during normal business hours), no appointment needed. It took 3~4 weeks from the initial application to get a call about taking the Wonderlic test though.

I received a call 2 days after taking the test from the department head to schedule the interview, and had the interview 4 days later. The interview was with the specific department supervisor and the head of the department. The interview was very standard, questions about background, some other typical interview questions (what did you find most challenging about your last job, what do you look for in a job/career, etc...), then a few technical questions to judge my skills. All interspersed with information about the position and company.

The work place (that I saw, only a small part) looked clean, well lit and there were lots of windows in the staff areas we visited. Dress code appears to be business casual (a few guys were wearing slacks and polo shirts, most were wearing button down shirts, and a few had ties, ladies were all in more professional attire). Both of my interviewers seemed very personable, and I even got them to laugh a little at the end. I've done both sides of the interview coin, it can be draining to have to add this task to all the rest of your normal job duties and it was reflected in both of my interviewers. When I asked about turn-over, they both said that it's Very low ~ which mimics some information written by employees on this site.I have no doubt that this would be a good company to work for.

Interview Question – What part of your last job did you find the most challenging?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position is not what I want to do. They described it as being vast majority of telephone support, and I like/want more personal interaction. The hours were decidedly unattractive as well (2 days off a week, but not together). I may have put up with the telephone support aspect while working to move into a different position if it weren't for the work schedule issue.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for FirstBank Holding Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FirstBank Holding Company PC Support interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by FirstBank Holding Company employees and interview candidates.