FirstCare Health Plans Interview Questions

2.5

Provider Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans.

Interview

I came on a temporary Employee. After months of working here, I was offered a full time position. I am not sure if my manager even knew my background, i think she hired me because she liked me.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Enrollment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans.

Interview

They just want warm bodies to fill the open positions. They leave everything very vague so that you do not know what you are getting into until you are locked into the position.

Interview Questions

• There really was not a lot of questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Pre Auth Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in January 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview a week after applying. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and was fairly simple. She went through multiple, typical interview questions. The interviewer was kind and welcoming. It was one on one

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered at the top of the budgeted salary available. No room for negotiation.

Trainer/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Austin, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I had 1 internal interview, as I was already employed with another department in the organization. At the start of the interview, there were 3 interviewers, though 2 left in the middle of the interview. Which I thought was kind of rude and kind of threw me off the presentation I had created.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not allowed to negotiate. I even brought the wage scales for the position to the hiring manager and she wouldn't even look at them. I was told that I could take the salary as is, or not take the job.

Provider Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The intiial interview was completed over the phone and took approximately 30 minutes. A second interview was conducted face to face with my currect supervisor in which we spoke for a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• What are three weaknesses that you have?   Answer Question
    • What are three things that your current boss would advise that you need work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at all. I asked for a specific dollar amount, and that is what I received.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Amarillo, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied on line. I was called by a recruiter and an 1:1 interview was scheduled. I interviewed about a week later and was offered a position at that time to start approximately 2 weeks later pending a drug test and a background check that took about a week.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remeber specific questions. However, the interviewer made me feel very comfortable, like I was talking to a long time friend.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate. The pay and benefits were more than I had expected. I was very pleased with the offer and the entire process.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Lubbock, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

All that was great I. getting you in, but know departments are different.

Negotiation

it was all good at first, it's only that training is short them you get hangs on quickly and are expected to know what your doing, but that's only in pre auth it is different in other departments

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Austin, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called the same day for an interview. Came in next day and had a 2:1 interview. was called later that day and was offered the job, which I took. Nice place to work with friendly staff, close to my home.

Manager, Provider Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

initial HR screening was pretty informative. let me know about the company, history of position and salary range. Very typical HR, knows a little about position, but not really much insight on what the position really does or is needed to do the job. Team interview within a few days. good set of people, grilled me for 2 hours, but also allowed me to ask many questions and get comfortable with my role and the expectations. Boss appeared to be very hands on and indeed they were after working there for a short period.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary range was in the right area, knowing this going in saves everyone time. while i was looking, it was about half the time where HR was upfront about what they're willing to pay. So, this made the negotiation portion much easier.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FirstCare Health Plans (Austin, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Background check, I had to do typing test, Excel test, WordPerfect, demonstrate basic customer service skills, have a good personality and pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you above the other qualified candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No - i didn't need to i was impressed with the first offer.