FirstCare Health Plans Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.8

Pre Auth Nurse Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in January 2014.

I was called for an interview a week after applying. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and was fairly simple. She went through multiple, typical interview questions. The interviewer was kind and welcoming. It was one on one

Interview Questions
    They offered at the top of the budgeted salary available. No room for negotiation.

Trainer/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in June 2013.

I had 1 internal interview, as I was already employed with another department in the organization. At the start of the interview, there were 3 interviewers, though 2 left in the middle of the interview. Which I thought was kind of rude and kind of threw me off the presentation I had created.

Interview Questions
    I was not allowed to negotiate. I even brought the wage scales for the position to the hiring manager and she wouldn't even look at them. I was told that I could take the salary as is, or not take the job.

Provider Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in February 2012.

The intiial interview was completed over the phone and took approximately 30 minutes. A second interview was conducted face to face with my currect supervisor in which we spoke for a little over an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What are three weaknesses that you have?   Answer Question
    • What are three things that your current boss would advise that you need work with?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate at all. I asked for a specific dollar amount, and that is what I received.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in January 2012.

I applied on line. I was called by a recruiter and an 1:1 interview was scheduled. I interviewed about a week later and was offered a position at that time to start approximately 2 weeks later pending a drug test and a background check that took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't remeber specific questions. However, the interviewer made me feel very comfortable, like I was talking to a long time friend.   Answer Question
    I did not have to negotiate. The pay and benefits were more than I had expected. I was very pleased with the offer and the entire process.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in July 2011.

All that was great I. getting you in, but know departments are different.

it was all good at first, it's only that training is short them you get hangs on quickly and are expected to know what your doing, but that's only in pre auth it is different in other departments

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in July 2010.

I applied online and was called the same day for an interview. Came in next day and had a 2:1 interview. was called later that day and was offered the job, which I took. Nice place to work with friendly staff, close to my home.

Manager, Provider Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in May 2010.

initial HR screening was pretty informative. let me know about the company, history of position and salary range. Very typical HR, knows a little about position, but not really much insight on what the position really does or is needed to do the job.

Team interview within a few days. good set of people, grilled me for 2 hours, but also allowed me to ask many questions and get comfortable with my role and the expectations. Boss appeared to be very hands on and indeed they were after working there for a short period.

Interview Questions
    salary range was in the right area, knowing this going in saves everyone time. while i was looking, it was about half the time where HR was upfront about what they're willing to pay. So, this made the negotiation portion much easier.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FirstCare Health Plans in April 2010.

Background check, I had to do typing test, Excel test, WordPerfect, demonstrate basic customer service skills, have a good personality and pass a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel are your weaknesses?   View Answer
    • Why should we hire you above the other qualified candidates?   Answer Question
    No - i didn't need to i was impressed with the first offer.