FirstLook and MAX Systems

FirstLook and MAX Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

Digital Performance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FirstLook and MAX Systems (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

A recruiter working with them contacted me and conducted initial phone interview. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, In-Person interview with the hiring manager, and the final phase was an online demo of any product (to understand your demo skills) to the hiring manager, operations manager, and CEO. I also had an offer from another company so I asked to move the demo portion up and the company was flexible with me. The in-person interview was more of a conversation and them explaining the direction of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your sales strategy for your current territory and how you approached creating that strategy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. It was fairly easy, within 1 day and they agreed to my terms.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FirstLook and MAX Systems (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process is pretty ad-hoc. Most emphasis is on trying to get to know the person interviewed and whether he/she will be a cultural fit. The technical part is either a written test, or on the spot blackboard quiz with multiple but mostly basic technical questions.

Dynamic Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FirstLook and MAX Systems (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

First I applied for this position online, then I received call back from HR, I then had a phone interview with the hiring Vice President, I was then asked to come in for a 1-on-1 interview with the hiring Vice President and possible future team member. I had a very Interesting interview process where a lot of questions were focused on what type of personality I had. Rather then an emphasis on my technical skills. Unfortunately, I did not pursue this emphasis on finding out the type of person I was. If I had only asked questions about the last person who worked in the position I was interviewing for, I would have found out

Interview Questions

• I absolutely "hate" this type of question that so many people like to use during job interviews:
      Do you have experience working in a dynamic work environment?

I know so many Companies\Hiring Managers like to have "dynamic" people, but the people asking these questions have no idea that a person's personality type directly influences the type of work they will excel at. (Sort of goes against hiring the best people for the job, huh?)These same people believe, there's only really two types of work environments:
      1.) those that are dynamic
      2.) ...and those that are not
      These people also believe that a good work environment is one that is dynamic all of the time. I understand that a company needs to be willing to change, and have workers that are willing and able to effectively. Incisent is the epitomy of a dynamic company that is constantly changing because it has no direction, and is so focused on so many different things that it can never complete anything at the best of its ability.

Everybody needs to realize that having a dynamic work environment shouldn't be the number goal. Everybody should take the time to understand the different types of personalities and how that drives work environments. Maybe even read up about the following and find out what work environment your personality is suited to:
      -Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the 16 different personality types this instrument reports. Find out how this information is used to help individuals make career-related decisions.
      -"6 Personality and Work Environment Types" and the work done by John Holland

I ,for one, would not characterize the work environment at Incisent as active and ever changing.

Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FirstLook and MAX Systems (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was very thorough. Told me about role and industry and found out how my previous skills could fit in. The culture of company was also brought to life by the tour and the other interviewers

Interview Questions

• What is most important part of work to you ?   1 Answer
    • What was the biggest mistake you made at work? How did it happen? What did you learn from it? How would you handle if faced with same scenario tomorrow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They definitlely want to know if you want the job first,,,,then they'll worry about compensation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FirstLook and MAX Systems in June 2010.

Interview

it was good. First was phone interview by the recruter and then the phone interview by the manager and last is the onsite. Those interviews were not difficult.