FirstMerit

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.5

Payroll Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FirstMerit.

I submitted my application and heard nothing for 2-3 MONTHS. I applied in January and I received a call to set up a phone interview in April. Phone interview & 2 in-person interviews in 1 week. The following Monday, they called to offer me the position. However, I declined, because I accepted a better position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Accepted a better offer at another company

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FirstMerit in April 2014.

Simple interview process. Quick phone screening, and then an interview is set up with the Branch Manager. On arrival, all of the tellers & the branch manager were all incredibly nice. The questions were just about my previous jobs, mostly. I was told they were interviewing many candidates and it would be a few weeks until they had a decision. I never heard back, but it was still a very nice interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself; STAR interview questions ("Tell me about a time when...")   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Had one interview about 45 mins. Asked many sales oriented questions.

No negotiation

Senior Client Champion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FirstMerit in September 2013.

Contacted via Linkedin.
    Missed my first interview. They offered a second interview. Recruiter at the time was pleasant.
    came if for second appointment and I got an offer almost on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions. I thought it was because of all the experience that I was bringing with me, but I later found out that there were no difficult questions because the branch manager was unable to think of any intelligent questions.
      my interview was less than 15 minutes long.

Answer Question
    no negotiation.
    they made an offer and at the time seemed appealing

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FirstMerit in August 2011.

Talent Acquisition will call you to discuss a time for an interview. You will then be scheduled to meet the branch manager at the respective location. The interview is relatively untechnical , and the interviewer is friendly. Even though they deny it, the person conducting the interview is the one making the decision. After the interview, you will again be contacted by the Talent Acquisition specialist for an offer. It's weird how FirstMerit hides behind the Talent Acquisition title.

Interview Questions
    • There is a line at the teller line, and several cars in the drive-thru. The phone rings. What do you do?   View Answer
    Ask them to pay you more competitively with other bank's wages.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FirstMerit in November 2010.

Submit online application or referred by someone currently in the department would be the fastest way.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a scenario where you had to calm down a customer who was upset or hostile.   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FirstMerit in August 2010.

Phone interview by HR. Face to Face Interview with Team and Managers.

Interview Questions
    • What is your background in the area you are being hired for.   View Answer
    Open, discussed with Manager