FirstMerit

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FirstMerit in April 2014.

Simple interview process. Quick phone screening, and then an interview is set up with the Branch Manager. On arrival, all of the tellers & the branch manager were all incredibly nice. The questions were just about my previous jobs, mostly. I was told they were interviewing many candidates and it would be a few weeks until they had a decision. I never heard back, but it was still a very nice interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself; STAR interview questions ("Tell me about a time when...")   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FirstMerit

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FirstMerit in August 2011.

Talent Acquisition will call you to discuss a time for an interview. You will then be scheduled to meet the branch manager at the respective location. The interview is relatively untechnical , and the interviewer is friendly. Even though they deny it, the person conducting the interview is the one making the decision. After the interview, you will again be contacted by the Talent Acquisition specialist for an offer. It's weird how FirstMerit hides behind the Talent Acquisition title.

Interview Questions
    • There is a line at the teller line, and several cars in the drive-thru. The phone rings. What do you do?   View Answer
    Ask them to pay you more competitively with other bank's wages.