FirstMerit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller Interview

Teller
Hinckley, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FirstMerit in April 2014.

Interview Details – Simple interview process. Quick phone screening, and then an interview is set up with the Branch Manager. On arrival, all of the tellers & the branch manager were all incredibly nice. The questions were just about my previous jobs, mostly. I was told they were interviewing many candidates and it would be a few weeks until they had a decision. I never heard back, but it was still a very nice interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself; STAR interview questions ("Tell me about a time when...")   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Teller Interview

Teller
Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FirstMerit in August 2011.

Interview Details – Talent Acquisition will call you to discuss a time for an interview. You will then be scheduled to meet the branch manager at the respective location. The interview is relatively untechnical , and the interviewer is friendly. Even though they deny it, the person conducting the interview is the one making the decision. After the interview, you will again be contacted by the Talent Acquisition specialist for an offer. It's weird how FirstMerit hides behind the Talent Acquisition title.

Interview Question – There is a line at the teller line, and several cars in the drive-thru. The phone rings. What do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask them to pay you more competitively with other bank's wages.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for FirstMerit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FirstMerit Teller interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by FirstMerit employees and interview candidates.