FirstRain

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.2

Customer Success Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FirstRain.

Applied through LinkedIn. In about two weeks got an email from a recruiter offering to schedule a phone call. The phone call was on time, however, due to a very heavy accent of the recruiter, it was difficult to understand her questions. The questions were very generic. She promised to get in touch with me in a week, but in spite of my efforts to follow up no one got back to me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Went multiple times to foster city to meet with top management and team. Poorly managed & scheduled. Most of the questions were typical, expected for the position. Overall a very ordinary experience

Management - Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FirstRain in November 2008.

First interview with staffing agency
    Second interview was on phone about background
    Onsite interview was with several people one on one and sometimes 2 from a variety of team leads - product, marketing, sales.
    Was asked to wait for a few minutes to talk to CEO. 6 hours into the whole interview, met with CEO who seemed really snobby and judgemental about my big company backround and how much time would be required to do a good job in their start up. Oddly enough, Sarah Palin came up as a topic and she railed on her and of course, I skipped comment - did not think it was appropriate for interview. She did not like that I was 'too careful' and said so. I left knowing she would not give me the job if I was not the type of person to bare my opinions and stances in the interview :-). Too bad because she would have been great fun over a beer.

Interview Questions
    • What attributes do you think helped the sales of rooftop solar panels   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FirstRain in February 2014.

Well executed interview with fast feedbacks. First round is written with reasoning questions, followed by one to one with manager and then one to one with the Director. Written was very easy with just logical reasoning images and English test. Next round with Manager was the easiest with some basic questions on profile. The one to one with the Director was the challenging one with lots of Analytical questions.

Interview Questions
    • You have a Switch panel with 3 switches connected to 3 different bulbs in 3 different rooms. You have to identify which switch is connected to which bulb just using the switch only once and you can get inside rooms only once   View Answer

General Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FirstRain in June 2011.

It is very easy to get hired here. You just have to be there, show a little of what you know, and if they like you they will hire you. Past experiences and merit aren't necessary. Being female helps!

Just be friendly, and tell them what they want to hear. They don't really do verifications that you know your stuff since they are usually desperate to hire when they are looking. Also get another offer to strengthen your negotiation process.

Interview Questions
    It took 2 weeks to negotiate and did go well in my favor after I had another offer.