FirstRand Bank Limited

Relevance Date Difficulty

Head of Business Unit Interview

Head of Business Unit
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FirstRand Bank Limited in July 2009.

Interview Details – At leas two interviews as well as a psychometric examination is required before you can be hired. The process may include external HR specialists if its for a senior job, and he psychometric tests are outsourced. You have to prepare for the interview and also read up on the history of the organisation, especially on the founders and their ethos and values, as that is what drives the underlying culture of the organisation.

Interview Question – Inform us how you will improve the business unit's profitability, and its strategic fit into the rest of the organisation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, but a lot depends on the business unit head and their temperament, as well as the talent pool available to replace you.

Client Portfolio Analyst Interview

Client Portfolio Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FirstRand Bank Limited in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was a current employee at the commencement of the interview. I was applying for a different position within the organization. Interview process was rigorous and in-depth.

It consisted of a presentation on myself as well as how I would fit into the company, a one-on-one interview with the head of the Western Cape division and a panel interview covering numerous topics.

Interview Question – What opportunities do I recognize for a bank in the current economic climate.   Answer Question

Worked for FirstRand Bank Limited? Contribute to the Community!