Fischer Homes Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fischer Homes

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fischer Homes in June 2011.

Long process. Not quick to get back with candidate. Management not organized. Seemed so busy they could not get back with candidate when they said they would. Company appears to be growing. Very unstructured interviewing process.

New Home Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fischer Homes in July 2009.

I was initially contacted by someone in HR after I had turned in my resume. I was given an initial interview by her where she asked some general questions about my sales experience and some basic situational questions. After that she told me she thought I did very well and would be passing my information along to a hiring manager.

A week later, I was contacted by a manager and another interview was set up. Once again, the interview went very well and she point blank wanted me on her team...except al lthe positions had just been filled and there were no more openings! However, she said she would pass my information along to one of her collegues at Maple Street Homes and see if he needed a position filled.

Another week passes and I am finally able to speak with him after being blown off three times earlier in the week by this guy because he was "so busy". (Apparently he was so important and busy that the couldn't even e-mail me on his ever-present Blackberry to let me know he wasn't going to be able to make a phone call, let alone keep appointments...) Anyway, the interview with that guy went very well and he said that he was going to have a "floater" position coming available in the very near future (he said in a few weeks) that he thought I would be a good fit for. However, he wanted me to come into their corporate office to interview with him face-to-face as well as the initial lady from Fischer.

Two weeks later they schedule a face-to-face interview with me in Northern Kentucky. I go in and have a GREAT interview (that lasted 2 hours!). The interview has no set questions. They do not have a list sitting in front of them. I was mostly just tag teamed by the two people I met with and there was a lot of back and forth. Again, they were asking me about my sales experience, my sales process, what I knew about Fischer, why I would be a good fit for the job, etc.

They tell me at the end they definitely want me and just need me to fill out the "real" job application. Once I had that completed, I was to call them and they would have me return with the application and they would present me with an offer. THE JOB APPLICATION IS 8 PAGES LONG...AND THE LAST FOUR PAGES ARE ESSAY QUESTIONS. Be prepared...they are very thorough! I filled out the app and called the man from Maple Street...and got no response. So then I e-mailed him as well. Three days later he sends me an email saying "sorry, there is going to be no job opening afterall. Thanks for your time."

So after a month and a half of back and forth, playing phone tag, being passed from person to person, and driving all over town I was left with nothing. I think this is probably a very good company, but it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, and vice versa.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me step by step through how you think you would sell a home to a new home buyer?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel you are better suited for sales to a Fischer Homes type of customer or a Maple Street Homes customer?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fischer Homes in February 2010.

a series of 2 phone behavior based interviews

Interview Questions

Worked for Fischer Homes? Contribute to the Community!