Fiserv

Very Easy Interview

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support
Moorpark, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in December 2011.

Interview Details – interview was easy. people are nice and welcoming. small company feel with big corporate backing. overall impression building is full of good people. from the looks of it you will be very busy working here

Interview Question – know how to fix a printer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none flat offer no negotiation

Worst Company to Work for Interview

Worst Company to Work for
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fiserv in April 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview will not disclose hours. Would not disclose job requirements, Did not disclose job expectations. Not worth doing the interview process. The hr department does not explain what benefits are they just say to call the 800 number

Interview Question – why do you want to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None would not do this

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fiserv in January 2013.

Interview Details – Two step interviews first one with an agent to explain the job and hours of work second one with a manager who explain the difficulties and personality involve for the dedication of the jobs

Interview Question – making sure be able to handle any situation and also handle pressure   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Data Entry Clerk
Melbourne, FL

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Fiserv in May 2010.

Interview Details – worked as a temp data entry clerk for at least 3 months then moved to a proofer reader of entries. Was asked 6 months into employment if I wanted to work perm for them

Director of Card Production Interview

Director of Card Production
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – Corporate called me to set up an interview. Their corporate really didn't know much about the Indianapolis location. Had difficulty getting into the facility because they did tell me to be sure to bring my ID, which I should have had but did have to change before I went and forgot to put my billfold in my pants. Corporate set me up with the wrong contact. Met with 4 leaders. Felt like I exceeded their requirements. I followed up as professionally expected. They were not so professional with their whole process and follow-up in letting me know an outcome of the interview.

Interview Question – Why I left a previous employer. Stated I didn't like a militant management team. I don't believe they liked that response as the regional director may have managed this way.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
DFW, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fiserv in January 2010.

Interview Details – Once you apply, you get an automated email from them. After that, HR will contact you and setup the interview. They do a phone screen first and if you pass that, they will send it back to HR to proceed to a face to face interview. After the face to face interview happens, HR will get a hold of you to do a background and drug test. Once all clears, you get your offer letter.

The interview for me was actually not too bad. I remember the phone screen was very general and the face to face was a 3 hour interview. They GRILLED ME on the interview with technical questions and scenarios and later on the questions were more about my work style.

Interview Question – Name all the FSMO roles for Active Directory.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for more money when the offer is on the table because you won't get a salary bump for a while.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Fiserv

Interview Details – One day of interviews with 5 individuals from business ranging from SVP to manager and an additional interview with HR. Process took a full morning and there were no real surprises - straight forward questions that all related to the position I was being interviews for. Knew within 3 days the outcome of my time with them.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult conversations?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Client Service Analyst Interview

Client Service Analyst
Lincoln, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in May 2010.

Interview Details – Met twice in person for interview with two different higher ups. Very informal interview, more of a conversation about yourself than a grilling interview.

Interview Question – Fairly straight forward questions asked as it is an entry level position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2014.

Interview Details – This company by far the weirdest company, it seems that the hiring manager, HR personnel and recruiter don't communicate well with one another. recruiter tell me one thing, hiring manager told me another. even hiring manager told me one thing, next week she told me something else. On the first phone interview she told me it is 85% production support and only 15% development. A week later she called me back saying it is a missed understanding on my part. Then we moved on to next in-person interview with manager and 2 technical individuals. The technical individuals seem to expect candidate to know-it-all. stupid questions like these being asked frequently "What are the differences between MVC 2 and MVC 3.5?" I really want to go like this "MVC 3.5 is newer" LOL. They like to brag about how critical their work is, how sharp their people are, I thought it is kinda of amuse when the manager said "our people are pretty sharp, as the result other group keeps steal our people." What?? you loose people because you are an A__. How hard is is it to understand LOL. Anyway do some research on your own about what other people say about fiserv before you do decide if it is a right company for you..good luck!.

Interview Question – Well they expect you to know it all.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Engineer Interview

Senior Software Developer Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – I only had one interview. It was with 4 managers and the managers' manager. I was sitting at a table with them all asking me questions. Generally they don't all do it at once and you usually talk to 2 or 3 seperately.

Interview Question – There is a lot of stress with this job. How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted. There probably isn't a whole lot of wiggle room in the negotiation. They offer and what you will get. They offer right at what others in the job are making.

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!