Fiserv

138 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical IT Professional Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – Most candidates come from recruiters. Rarely from individuals. Similar to most companies. 3 step process. Screen resumes', phone interview, and in person interview.

Conduct an initial phone screen to verify qualifications and get a feel for the individual. The person must be a good fit personality wise as well as expertise. Second interview is in person. Decision is made and HR makes an offer. Little room for negotiations (WFH, salary, location, etc.).

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected for me. I did my homework and planned ahead. You're interview is by the team of engineers or other professionals you will be working with. You will be asked very specific questions to validate your knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some flexibility on WFH and location as long as it meets the business need. Some flexibility on salary. You are brought in within a specific salary range. There is a cap and they will not let you come in too high in the range.

Product Consultant Interview

West Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2011.

Interview Details – The overall hiring and interview process is tedious. It took over 6 months to get hired and I have seen this same time frame for many internal positions as well. The interviews seem like more of a formality than a true interview, but that is just my perception. Other than the length of time it was a fairly painless process.

Interview Question – As with every professional interview I have ever had, the hardest question is to list your weakness. In this interview I was asked not just for one weakness, but to of them with detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Keep in mind when evaluating offers that raises have been scarce the past few years.

Human Resources Director Interview

Interviewed at Fiserv

Interview Details – Was asked in twice to interview, interviewed with 5-6 people each time. The same questions were asked of me over and over. Then I never received any feedback from them. If their hiring practices are any indication of how it is to work at this company, I would stay away.

Project and Process Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – Easy interview process.

Interview Question – Easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With HR person not hiring manager.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – HR is pretty disorganized. Had an initial screening phone interview scheduled and the HR rep did not call at the agreed upon time. I received an email two days later that she got called into "emergency meetings" and that "blew up her schedule". She apologized and we re-scheduled.

After the initial phone screen they wanted me to do four more phone interviews with dept members and the hiring manager. I was emailed an itinerary late in the afternoon with 3 phone interviews setup for the next morning and the 4th the day after. I responded that due to the short notice, I needed to reschedule 1 of the 4 interviews. The first interview on the itinerary was set to occur at 10am the next morning. An HR rep called at 10:15 that we needed to re-schedule that entire day because I didn't confirm to her the previous day. Plus now they needed me to come into the office for 3 in person interviews, but we could still do the 4th over the phone. And they wanted to schedule these on-site interviews for the following day. I discussed with the HR rep several time frames that might work, but due to the short notice I needed to make sure I could get off work and she needed to confirm that the interviewers were available. i was under the impression we would touch base again to set the actual time. Instead the HR rep just scheduled me anyway and sent out an itinerary. I told her that the time she scheduled would not work and she became agitated and combative on the phone when I suggested we re-schedule for the following week. At this point I withdrew my name from consideration.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in September 2009.

Interview Details – First phone was from recruiter. Second phone call was from hiring manager. Next was an on-site for a 4 person interview process.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. I got the impression, they were looking for a jack-of-all trades.   Answer Question

Card Services Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2013.

Interview Details – In person interview in front of 2 people. Lasted about half hour. Basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Services Representative Interview

Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fiserv in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly simple. They do background and a drug test after the job offer. The interview was the easiest interview I have been through. It included the department manager and an HR rep. It was over an hour long but it was very conversational. Basically they just wanted to know if I had any banking experience and if travel was going to be an issue. They were very thorough in the job description so you know what you are getting into. They also had me come back for a side-by-side a few days after the interview.

Interview Question – Probably the old question "what is your weakness"... there really weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple... They offered me the job and I counter-offered on the salary. I only got $1000 more than what they initially offered. They said there really wasn't room for salary negotiations.

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Norcross, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very inflexible and difficult. It was rescheduled 4 times and went from a phone to in person interview without informing anyone on the second try.

Interview Question – General questions for the job type.   View Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – Very streamlined, one interview, normally hired once you get it. many temp agency hires.

Interview Question – How well does Fiserv take care of its employees.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is not an option with them. I just really needed a job at the time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fiserv

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!

Fiserv Videos

Fiserv – Why Work for Us?

Quick Facts Year founded: 1984 Headquarters: Brookfield, Wisconsin Locations: 155 worldwide Employees: Approximately 21,000 Revenue: $4.48 billion in 2012 Who We Are Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fiserv interview questions and advice. All 138 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fiserv employees and interview candidates.