Fiserv

140 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Developer Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2014.

Interview Details – This company by far the weirdest company, it seems that the hiring manager, HR personnel and recruiter don't communicate well with one another. recruiter tell me one thing, hiring manager told me another. even hiring manager told me one thing, next week she told me something else. On the first phone interview she told me it is 85% production support and only 15% development. A week later she called me back saying it is a missed understanding on my part. Then we moved on to next in-person interview with manager and 2 technical individuals. The technical individuals seem to expect candidate to know-it-all. stupid questions like these being asked frequently "What are the differences between MVC 2 and MVC 3.5?" I really want to go like this "MVC 3.5 is newer" LOL. They like to brag about how critical their work is, how sharp their people are, I thought it is kinda of amuse when the manager said "our people are pretty sharp, as the result other group keeps steal our people." What?? you loose people because you are an A__. How hard is is it to understand LOL. Anyway do some research on your own about what other people say about fiserv before you do decide if it is a right company for you..good luck!.

Interview Question – Well they expect you to know it all.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – I only had one interview. It was with 4 managers and the managers' manager. I was sitting at a table with them all asking me questions. Generally they don't all do it at once and you usually talk to 2 or 3 seperately.

Interview Question – There is a lot of stress with this job. How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted. There probably isn't a whole lot of wiggle room in the negotiation. They offer and what you will get. They offer right at what others in the job are making.

Technical IT Professional Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – Most candidates come from recruiters. Rarely from individuals. Similar to most companies. 3 step process. Screen resumes', phone interview, and in person interview.

Conduct an initial phone screen to verify qualifications and get a feel for the individual. The person must be a good fit personality wise as well as expertise. Second interview is in person. Decision is made and HR makes an offer. Little room for negotiations (WFH, salary, location, etc.).

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected for me. I did my homework and planned ahead. You're interview is by the team of engineers or other professionals you will be working with. You will be asked very specific questions to validate your knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some flexibility on WFH and location as long as it meets the business need. Some flexibility on salary. You are brought in within a specific salary range. There is a cap and they will not let you come in too high in the range.

Product Consultant Interview

West Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2011.

Interview Details – The overall hiring and interview process is tedious. It took over 6 months to get hired and I have seen this same time frame for many internal positions as well. The interviews seem like more of a formality than a true interview, but that is just my perception. Other than the length of time it was a fairly painless process.

Interview Question – As with every professional interview I have ever had, the hardest question is to list your weakness. In this interview I was asked not just for one weakness, but to of them with detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Keep in mind when evaluating offers that raises have been scarce the past few years.

Human Resources Director Interview

Interviewed at Fiserv

Interview Details – Was asked in twice to interview, interviewed with 5-6 people each time. The same questions were asked of me over and over. Then I never received any feedback from them. If their hiring practices are any indication of how it is to work at this company, I would stay away.

Project and Process Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – Easy interview process.

Interview Question – Easy interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With HR person not hiring manager.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details – HR is pretty disorganized. Had an initial screening phone interview scheduled and the HR rep did not call at the agreed upon time. I received an email two days later that she got called into "emergency meetings" and that "blew up her schedule". She apologized and we re-scheduled.

After the initial phone screen they wanted me to do four more phone interviews with dept members and the hiring manager. I was emailed an itinerary late in the afternoon with 3 phone interviews setup for the next morning and the 4th the day after. I responded that due to the short notice, I needed to reschedule 1 of the 4 interviews. The first interview on the itinerary was set to occur at 10am the next morning. An HR rep called at 10:15 that we needed to re-schedule that entire day because I didn't confirm to her the previous day. Plus now they needed me to come into the office for 3 in person interviews, but we could still do the 4th over the phone. And they wanted to schedule these on-site interviews for the following day. I discussed with the HR rep several time frames that might work, but due to the short notice I needed to make sure I could get off work and she needed to confirm that the interviewers were available. i was under the impression we would touch base again to set the actual time. Instead the HR rep just scheduled me anyway and sent out an itinerary. I told her that the time she scheduled would not work and she became agitated and combative on the phone when I suggested we re-schedule for the following week. At this point I withdrew my name from consideration.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in September 2009.

Interview Details – First phone was from recruiter. Second phone call was from hiring manager. Next was an on-site for a 4 person interview process.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. I got the impression, they were looking for a jack-of-all trades.   Answer Question

Card Services Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2013.

Interview Details – In person interview in front of 2 people. Lasted about half hour. Basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Services Representative Interview

Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fiserv in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly simple. They do background and a drug test after the job offer. The interview was the easiest interview I have been through. It included the department manager and an HR rep. It was over an hour long but it was very conversational. Basically they just wanted to know if I had any banking experience and if travel was going to be an issue. They were very thorough in the job description so you know what you are getting into. They also had me come back for a side-by-side a few days after the interview.

Interview Question – Probably the old question "what is your weakness"... there really weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple... They offered me the job and I counter-offered on the salary. I only got $1000 more than what they initially offered. They said there really wasn't room for salary negotiations.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fiserv

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!

Fiserv Videos

Fiserv – Why Work for Us?

Quick Facts Year founded: 1984 Headquarters: Brookfield, Wisconsin Locations: 155 worldwide Employees: Approximately 21,000 Revenue: $4.48 billion in 2012 Who We Are Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fiserv interview questions and advice. All 140 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fiserv employees and interview candidates.