Fiserv Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.9

Operations Support Representative Interview

Interview

I applied for the position online through the Fiserv website. Human Resources conducted an initial phone interview. About a week later, I also interviewed on-site. During the on-site interview, I was informed that I would be contacted either way once a decision was reached. Unfortunately, I did not receive any follow-up communication after the on-site interview.

Workforce Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv (Amherst, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview then an offer. Very smooth process. Recruiting was amazing. Great facility, friendly atmosphere. You must pass a background check, and drug test to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenges?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was. Tell them what you think your worth to the company.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Recruiter referred me to the management for a telephone interview. Phone interview with the manager over this department. Was called back right away to come to the office for an In person interview. Can't provide any feedback due to no response after interview. Emailed and called recruiter for follow up and no response. Very unprofessional interview process.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen with a recruiter. I then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I had that phone interview, which seemed to go well, he acted pleased with all my responses, and at the end, told me someone from HR (named them by name) would be in contact to schedule an in-person interview, and even described what to expect for the on-site interview. No one ever contacted me, despite my follow-up email to the named HR contact for the on-site interview. Very unprofessional follow-up for someone that went through 2 rounds of interviews.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

I interviewed with four different people over the course of two weeks: one in-person, one via video teleconference and one on the phone. All were completely open and honest about the job I could be entering. I met with four members of the team that I would be supporting. All appreciated my prior work and were excited for the future.

Interview Questions

• All standard questions. Unexpected first interview...initially set for a phone call, but turned out to be a dinner interview.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

You are asked Standard questions during the HR interview And specific industry questions while interviewing with the hiring manager. Depending upon the position you may interview with the BU executive, Director of operations, or director of sales executive.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the industry trends moving toward?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• They have no respect for a candidate or the employees. I wish I had not applied for a job at Fiserv, that was the worst mistake of my career. They have no respect for a candidate or the employees. I wish I had not applied for a job at Fiserv, that was the worst mistake of my career.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Pre-screened by in-house recruiter followed by submitting a coding exercise followed by technical phone interviews followed by on-site interviews with several technology leaders. (They flew me to CT for the face-to-face interviews.) Hiring process was very smooth once the offer was extended. Waited for background check to complete and then started work within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with people that are unwilling to change bad processes. (This was a common pain point for every person that interviewed me.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They maxed out the salary offering so that threw in more vacation to sweeten the deal.

Customer Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

I was looking for a job I could start pretty quickly. Fiserv was running a hiring event for a few training classes they needed to fill. I was able to schedule an interview very quickly. The people interviewing me were very nice, they asked mostly questions from a form. There was no tour our anything like that, the process was pretty quick. I heard back within a couple of days when they made me an offer. The offer was submitted in writing which was good. The interviewers were not necessarily very experienced, or comfortable with interviewing, but that didn't seem to negatively impact my experience. Being for an entry level position, the interview was pretty casual. The HR generalist knew very little about the products I would be supporting, and I wasn't interviewing with the people I would be working for, which surprised me. Basically, I started the job not knowing anything about the job except that it was inbound phones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you didn't handle something well, and what you learned from the situation going forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was given a choice of start dates, which also determined which product I would be supporting.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Interviewing for this position consists of questions regarding employment and educational background. Probing questions will be asked if you have never had customer service experience, or have a job history that displays what is called "job hopping" (where you never stay in positions for more than a few months).

Interview Questions

• One question that is asked is "Tell me about a time you were asked to do something you didn't agree with."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.