Fiserv

2.9

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Fiserv in June 2014.

A few days after completing application I was scheduled for an interview. They ask a series of behavioral, situational questions. But honestly I believe they go off how the shift manager vibes with, or likes you

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when u went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Too much female animosity amongst employees

Director of Card Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fiserv.

Corporate called me to set up an interview. Their corporate really didn't know much about the Indianapolis location. Had difficulty getting into the facility because they did tell me to be sure to bring my ID, which I should have had but did have to change before I went and forgot to put my billfold in my pants. Corporate set me up with the wrong contact. Met with 4 leaders. Felt like I exceeded their requirements. I followed up as professionally expected. They were not so professional with their whole process and follow-up in letting me know an outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why I left a previous employer. Stated I didn't like a militant management team. I don't believe they liked that response as the regional director may have managed this way.   View Answer

Manager Interview

One day of interviews with 5 individuals from business ranging from SVP to manager and an additional interview with HR. Process took a full morning and there were no real surprises - straight forward questions that all related to the position I was being interviews for. Knew within 3 days the outcome of my time with them.

Senior Software Developer Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

I only had one interview. It was with 4 managers and the managers' manager. I was sitting at a table with them all asking me questions. Generally they don't all do it at once and you usually talk to 2 or 3 seperately.

Interview Questions
    • There is a lot of stress with this job. How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted. There probably isn't a whole lot of wiggle room in the negotiation. They offer and what you will get. They offer right at what others in the job are making.

Technical IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fiserv.

Most candidates come from recruiters. Rarely from individuals. Similar to most companies. 3 step process. Screen resumes', phone interview, and in person interview.

Conduct an initial phone screen to verify qualifications and get a feel for the individual. The person must be a good fit personality wise as well as expertise. Second interview is in person. Decision is made and HR makes an offer. Little room for negotiations (WFH, salary, location, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected for me. I did my homework and planned ahead. You're interview is by the team of engineers or other professionals you will be working with. You will be asked very specific questions to validate your knowledge.   Answer Question
    Some flexibility on WFH and location as long as it meets the business need. Some flexibility on salary. You are brought in within a specific salary range. There is a cap and they will not let you come in too high in the range.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in March 2014.

This company by far the weirdest company, it seems that the hiring manager, HR personnel and recruiter don't communicate well with one another. recruiter tell me one thing, hiring manager told me another. even hiring manager told me one thing, next week she told me something else. On the first phone interview she told me it is 85% production support and only 15% development. A week later she called me back saying it is a missed understanding on my part. Then we moved on to next in-person interview with manager and 2 technical individuals. The technical individuals seem to expect candidate to know-it-all. stupid questions like these being asked frequently "What are the differences between MVC 2 and MVC 3.5?" I really want to go like this "MVC 3.5 is newer" LOL. They like to brag about how critical their work is, how sharp their people are, I thought it is kinda of amuse when the manager said "our people are pretty sharp, as the result other group keeps steal our people." What?? you loose people because you are an A__. How hard is is it to understand LOL. Anyway do some research on your own about what other people say about fiserv before you do decide if it is a right company for you..good luck!.

Human Resources Director Interview

Was asked in twice to interview, interviewed with 5-6 people each time. The same questions were asked of me over and over. Then I never received any feedback from them. If their hiring practices are any indication of how it is to work at this company, I would stay away.

Project and Process Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fiserv.

Easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    With HR person not hiring manager.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fiserv.

HR is pretty disorganized. Had an initial screening phone interview scheduled and the HR rep did not call at the agreed upon time. I received an email two days later that she got called into "emergency meetings" and that "blew up her schedule". She apologized and we re-scheduled.

After the initial phone screen they wanted me to do four more phone interviews with dept members and the hiring manager. I was emailed an itinerary late in the afternoon with 3 phone interviews setup for the next morning and the 4th the day after. I responded that due to the short notice, I needed to reschedule 1 of the 4 interviews. The first interview on the itinerary was set to occur at 10am the next morning. An HR rep called at 10:15 that we needed to re-schedule that entire day because I didn't confirm to her the previous day. Plus now they needed me to come into the office for 3 in person interviews, but we could still do the 4th over the phone. And they wanted to schedule these on-site interviews for the following day. I discussed with the HR rep several time frames that might work, but due to the short notice I needed to make sure I could get off work and she needed to confirm that the interviewers were available. i was under the impression we would touch base again to set the actual time. Instead the HR rep just scheduled me anyway and sent out an itinerary. I told her that the time she scheduled would not work and she became agitated and combative on the phone when I suggested we re-schedule for the following week. At this point I withdrew my name from consideration.

Machine Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Very streamlined, one interview, normally hired once you get it. many temp agency hires.

Interview Questions
    • How well does Fiserv take care of its employees.   View Answer
    Negotiation is not an option with them. I just really needed a job at the time.