Fiserv

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.9

Customer Care Interview

typical questions that are not out of the ordinary. I was lucky and was asked for the position within a few hours. there was no negotiating the price. it was take it or leave it.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Attended the interview for software developer staff position, very easy interview, interview was around 90 mins,
    was interviewed by four people, manager first, then two developers after that an architect in the end, they didn't ask many questions, only questions about HTML, front end, some simple questions in java and what are the different browsers used, mostly questions like did you work on this or did you work on that types.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv in June 2014.

First interviews went great I was the "man for the job", having a great deal of previous experience with the product in question. Took over a month to find out the position was not even approved. Baited/switched to interviewing for two other positions. Interviews went well, but division supervisor didn't even bother to show for last interview of day and left me sitting alone for 45 minutes. No one else bothered to check on me (as promised) in case there were issues. I walked out after the scheduled appointment time had elapsed.

When recruiters followed up with me, they had the nerve to suggest I consider another position that was available.

When the positions interviewed for require strict time management and communication components with the clients, and supervisory personnel do not even find it necessary to show up or communicate problems making an appointment in person or through others - big red flags.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at Fiserv in June 2014.

A few days after completing application I was scheduled for an interview. They ask a series of behavioral, situational questions. But honestly I believe they go off how the shift manager vibes with, or likes you

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when u went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Too much female animosity amongst employees

Director of Card Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fiserv.

Corporate called me to set up an interview. Their corporate really didn't know much about the Indianapolis location. Had difficulty getting into the facility because they did tell me to be sure to bring my ID, which I should have had but did have to change before I went and forgot to put my billfold in my pants. Corporate set me up with the wrong contact. Met with 4 leaders. Felt like I exceeded their requirements. I followed up as professionally expected. They were not so professional with their whole process and follow-up in letting me know an outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why I left a previous employer. Stated I didn't like a militant management team. I don't believe they liked that response as the regional director may have managed this way.   View Answer

Manager Interview

One day of interviews with 5 individuals from business ranging from SVP to manager and an additional interview with HR. Process took a full morning and there were no real surprises - straight forward questions that all related to the position I was being interviews for. Knew within 3 days the outcome of my time with them.

Senior Software Developer Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

I only had one interview. It was with 4 managers and the managers' manager. I was sitting at a table with them all asking me questions. Generally they don't all do it at once and you usually talk to 2 or 3 seperately.

Interview Questions
    • There is a lot of stress with this job. How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted. There probably isn't a whole lot of wiggle room in the negotiation. They offer and what you will get. They offer right at what others in the job are making.

Technical IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fiserv.

Most candidates come from recruiters. Rarely from individuals. Similar to most companies. 3 step process. Screen resumes', phone interview, and in person interview.

Conduct an initial phone screen to verify qualifications and get a feel for the individual. The person must be a good fit personality wise as well as expertise. Second interview is in person. Decision is made and HR makes an offer. Little room for negotiations (WFH, salary, location, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected for me. I did my homework and planned ahead. You're interview is by the team of engineers or other professionals you will be working with. You will be asked very specific questions to validate your knowledge.   Answer Question
    Some flexibility on WFH and location as long as it meets the business need. Some flexibility on salary. You are brought in within a specific salary range. There is a cap and they will not let you come in too high in the range.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in March 2014.

This company by far the weirdest company, it seems that the hiring manager, HR personnel and recruiter don't communicate well with one another. recruiter tell me one thing, hiring manager told me another. even hiring manager told me one thing, next week she told me something else. On the first phone interview she told me it is 85% production support and only 15% development. A week later she called me back saying it is a missed understanding on my part. Then we moved on to next in-person interview with manager and 2 technical individuals. The technical individuals seem to expect candidate to know-it-all. stupid questions like these being asked frequently "What are the differences between MVC 2 and MVC 3.5?" I really want to go like this "MVC 3.5 is newer" LOL. They like to brag about how critical their work is, how sharp their people are, I thought it is kinda of amuse when the manager said "our people are pretty sharp, as the result other group keeps steal our people." What?? you loose people because you are an A__. How hard is is it to understand LOL. Anyway do some research on your own about what other people say about fiserv before you do decide if it is a right company for you..good luck!.

Human Resources Director Interview

Was asked in twice to interview, interviewed with 5-6 people each time. The same questions were asked of me over and over. Then I never received any feedback from them. If their hiring practices are any indication of how it is to work at this company, I would stay away.