Fiserv Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Interview cycle met expectations at first: email contact, two phone screens, and then half day of panel interviews with people from multiple teams and groups. Everyone was friendly and professional. There seemed to be a lot left unsaid when it came time to answer my questions. Answers seemed to hang in the air--didn't sound "final." Probes didn't work as expected. I got offered a job two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult. I was a good match and had the requisite education, experience, and profile.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent, since I didn't get an offer letter after I accepted the oral offer. If they canceled the position they hired me for before the first day, couldn't they have least told HR to call me and say so? If they didn't cancel it, why doesn't anyone answer my questions about the status of the job? , but FiServ never sent the paperwork. I was told "it's a little slow" so I waited and followed up every couple of weeks. The answer didn't change for six months. If I didn't have the voicemail saved on my answering machine, I would have no record at all of getting an offer from them. Feels like a bad dream.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv (Columbus, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their HR partner from Linkedin. It took one month for me to speak to the hiring manager after I went through the first round with HR. The hiring manager was nice. She asked about my professional experience and why would I want to leave to current employer. No hard questions at all. Then one week later is the onsite interview, met with 2 managers, 1 director and 1 VP. All of them are very nice to me, I really like them. The interview was not hard, all about experience and behavior questions that you would expect in any interview.

Interview Questions

• The only technical questions was: what is the difference between linear regression and logistic regression? It was too easy for a statistician.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No space for negotiation

Customer Care Interview

Interview

typical questions that are not out of the ordinary. I was lucky and was asked for the position within a few hours. there was no negotiating the price. it was take it or leave it.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Attended the interview for software developer staff position, very easy interview, interview was around 90 mins, was interviewed by four people, manager first, then two developers after that an architect in the end, they didn't ask many questions, only questions about HTML, front end, some simple questions in java and what are the different browsers used, mostly questions like did you work on this or did you work on that types.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

First interviews went great I was the "man for the job", having a great deal of previous experience with the product in question. Took over a month to find out the position was not even approved. Baited/switched to interviewing for two other positions. Interviews went well, but division supervisor didn't even bother to show for last interview of day and left me sitting alone for 45 minutes. No one else bothered to check on me (as promised) in case there were issues. I walked out after the scheduled appointment time had elapsed. When recruiters followed up with me, they had the nerve to suggest I consider another position that was available. When the positions interviewed for require strict time management and communication components with the clients, and supervisory personnel do not even find it necessary to show up or communicate problems making an appointment in person or through others - big red flags.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

About an hour and a half long, 1 on 1 with two interviewers. Ask experience and base questions of the resume. Interview started late and was very mundane. Clearly the interviewers were not passionate about the work. I got a sense that they knew the company is a giant who is slowly dying.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

interviewed at Fiserv (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

A few days after completing application I was scheduled for an interview. They ask a series of behavioral, situational questions. But honestly I believe they go off how the shift manager vibes with, or likes you

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when u went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Too much female animosity amongst employees

Director of Card Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fiserv (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Corporate called me to set up an interview. Their corporate really didn't know much about the Indianapolis location. Had difficulty getting into the facility because they did tell me to be sure to bring my ID, which I should have had but did have to change before I went and forgot to put my billfold in my pants. Corporate set me up with the wrong contact. Met with 4 leaders. Felt like I exceeded their requirements. I followed up as professionally expected. They were not so professional with their whole process and follow-up in letting me know an outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I left a previous employer. Stated I didn't like a militant management team. I don't believe they liked that response as the regional director may have managed this way.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

One day of interviews with 5 individuals from business ranging from SVP to manager and an additional interview with HR. Process took a full morning and there were no real surprises - straight forward questions that all related to the position I was being interviews for. Knew within 3 days the outcome of my time with them.

Technical IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fiserv (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Most candidates come from recruiters. Rarely from individuals. Similar to most companies. 3 step process. Screen resumes', phone interview, and in person interview. Conduct an initial phone screen to verify qualifications and get a feel for the individual. The person must be a good fit personality wise as well as expertise. Second interview is in person. Decision is made and HR makes an offer. Little room for negotiations (WFH, salary, location, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected for me. I did my homework and planned ahead. You're interview is by the team of engineers or other professionals you will be working with. You will be asked very specific questions to validate your knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some flexibility on WFH and location as long as it meets the business need. Some flexibility on salary. You are brought in within a specific salary range. There is a cap and they will not let you come in too high in the range.