Fiserv Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

You are asked Standard questions during the HR interview And specific industry questions while interviewing with the hiring manager. Depending upon the position you may interview with the BU executive, Director of operations, or director of sales executive.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the industry trends moving toward?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Pre-screened by in-house recruiter followed by submitting a coding exercise followed by technical phone interviews followed by on-site interviews with several technology leaders. (They flew me to CT for the face-to-face interviews.) Hiring process was very smooth once the offer was extended. Waited for background check to complete and then started work within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with people that are unwilling to change bad processes. (This was a common pain point for every person that interviewed me.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They maxed out the salary offering so that threw in more vacation to sweeten the deal.

Customer Solutions Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

I was looking for a job I could start pretty quickly. Fiserv was running a hiring event for a few training classes they needed to fill. I was able to schedule an interview very quickly. The people interviewing me were very nice, they asked mostly questions from a form. There was no tour our anything like that, the process was pretty quick. I heard back within a couple of days when they made me an offer. The offer was submitted in writing which was good. The interviewers were not necessarily very experienced, or comfortable with interviewing, but that didn't seem to negatively impact my experience. Being for an entry level position, the interview was pretty casual. The HR generalist knew very little about the products I would be supporting, and I wasn't interviewing with the people I would be working for, which surprised me. Basically, I started the job not knowing anything about the job except that it was inbound phones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you didn't handle something well, and what you learned from the situation going forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was given a choice of start dates, which also determined which product I would be supporting.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Interviewing for this position consists of questions regarding employment and educational background. Probing questions will be asked if you have never had customer service experience, or have a job history that displays what is called "job hopping" (where you never stay in positions for more than a few months).

Interview Questions

• One question that is asked is "Tell me about a time you were asked to do something you didn't agree with."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Managing Client Satisfaction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fiserv (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very long, over 6 months before a decision to hire was made. Six different interviews. Executive management and senior management change often. Therefore the organization is in constant change.

Negotiation

Very long

Processor Interview

Interview

Phone interview then onsite interview. Everyone was very friendly. Questions were standard interview questions, not difficult to answer. I heard back within a week regarding their decision. Was offered the job but declined it.

Interview Questions

The pay was too low ($12/hr), and the hours were terrible (6 pm - 2:30 am).

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Interview cycle met expectations at first: email contact, two phone screens, and then half day of panel interviews with people from multiple teams and groups. Everyone was friendly and professional. There seemed to be a lot left unsaid when it came time to answer my questions. Answers seemed to hang in the air--didn't sound "final." Probes didn't work as expected. I got offered a job two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult. I was a good match and had the requisite education, experience, and profile.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent, since I didn't get an offer letter after I accepted the oral offer. If they canceled the position they hired me for before the first day, couldn't they have least told HR to call me and say so? If they didn't cancel it, why doesn't anyone answer my questions about the status of the job? , but FiServ never sent the paperwork. I was told "it's a little slow" so I waited and followed up every couple of weeks. The answer didn't change for six months. If I didn't have the voicemail saved on my answering machine, I would have no record at all of getting an offer from them. Feels like a bad dream.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fiserv (Columbus, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their HR partner from Linkedin. It took one month for me to speak to the hiring manager after I went through the first round with HR. The hiring manager was nice. She asked about my professional experience and why would I want to leave to current employer. No hard questions at all. Then one week later is the onsite interview, met with 2 managers, 1 director and 1 VP. All of them are very nice to me, I really like them. The interview was not hard, all about experience and behavior questions that you would expect in any interview.

Interview Questions

• The only technical questions was: what is the difference between linear regression and logistic regression? It was too easy for a statistician.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No space for negotiation

Customer Care Interview

Interview

typical questions that are not out of the ordinary. I was lucky and was asked for the position within a few hours. there was no negotiating the price. it was take it or leave it.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Attended the interview for software developer staff position, very easy interview, interview was around 90 mins, was interviewed by four people, manager first, then two developers after that an architect in the end, they didn't ask many questions, only questions about HTML, front end, some simple questions in java and what are the different browsers used, mostly questions like did you work on this or did you work on that types.