Fiserv

2.9

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Initially the HR Rep called me to discuss the role, including details of the particular line of business that this role would be aligned to. In this case it was the online banking solution that they offer to Credit Unions. The team is located in the Frisco office.

After that phone call, an hour-long phone interview was scheduled with the Hiring Manager and 3 additional employees (in my case it had to be by phone as I was not as yet relocated to the area. It was a month before my official move). Two were Senior Business Systems Analysts and one was a Lead Business Systems Analyst. The first 30 minutes was just with the hiring manager and the second was with the 3 employees.

The interview was straightforward. They literally went line by line on my resume asking for examples of how I accomplish the items listed in my current role.

That said, a couple weeks passed, with no feedback or follow up from HR. I emailed asking for an update. They responded that they would check on the status of the position, however they never got back to me with an update.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected since all they did was go over the resume. Nothing behavioral was asked. Neither were there any technical questions.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv in June 2013.

1. Phone screen with a recruiter.
    2. Phone screen with a senior team member. Typically a 30 minute conversation.
    3. Face to face interview. My interview was two hours and involved four interviewers. Hour one was with the two managers on the team. A lot of scenario questions (What would you do if....) and tell me about your experience type questions. I recommend researching about the industry and product to ask questions.
    Hour two was with the Director of the department and the operations lead. Very conversational. This will take 30+ minutes. Prepare to ask question.

I don't think my interview went extremely well. It took them a while to get back to me but I did get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: Apple or Android.
      Nothing really difficult.

Answer Question
    They offered me two dollars more than I was currently making. I asked for something more and they did not budge. Maybe that was the highest number on the scale. Maybe they didn't think I was worth more.

Employee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Applied for many positions in Indianapolis. Finally received a prescreening call from HR department. The process interviewing with the hiring supervisor, and if they liked you, you can start the hiring process immediately. At $10 an hour, they had many positions open. They have two locations. After working there, found out you may have been lead to take a 3rd shift or 2nd shift position as those are the harder to fill positions.

Interview Questions
    • None, but you have to be able to give examples of your previous work responibilities and how you handled or would handle conflict employee situations.   View Answer
    For hourly positions there is none. They have a low starting rate of $10.00 an hour for warehouse and operation positions. Only the people with printing experience have any negotiating room, and some later found out that they are not equally paid for running the same printers.......

Software Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fiserv in May 2013.

The hiring process was fairly simple. They do background and a drug test after the job offer. The interview was the easiest interview I have been through. It included the department manager and an HR rep. It was over an hour long but it was very conversational. Basically they just wanted to know if I had any banking experience and if travel was going to be an issue. They were very thorough in the job description so you know what you are getting into. They also had me come back for a side-by-side a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the old question "what is your weakness"... there really weren't any hard questions.   Answer Question
    Pretty simple... They offered me the job and I counter-offered on the salary. I only got $1000 more than what they initially offered. They said there really wasn't room for salary negotiations.

Biller Solution Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fiserv in May 2013.

This was an intern position that began with an fairly simple HR phone interview. I went into the office after and met with the manager. They did not ask any technical questions;

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fiserv in May 2013.

Don't worry too much about what they ask, they have a difficult time hiring people. Demand more money and more vacation than they offer, they need you more than you need them. They want you to believe they are a great company and a good place to work, but the reality is that it is a bad work environment all the way around.

Interview Questions
    • Again, don't worry too much about it, they are in dire need of warm bodies.   Answer Question
    Ask for more, more of everything. Don't believe their words, get in up front and in writing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Pretty easy interview face to face then offered the position.

Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fiserv.

Phone screen. Some technical questions based on the experience. Called in for onsite interview. Met with fellow architect, nothing technically challenging, Interviewed senior VPs of technology and program managers.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv in March 2013.

Had phone interview with HR . After three months they call for personal interview . As per the email from HR it is three people , Hiring manager , testers and a developer . It is waste of time that I have attended the interview , Hiring manager didn't show up and not sure whom can make decision .I had bad experience with the process .

Card Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in March 2013.

In person interview in front of 2 people. Lasted about half hour. Basic behavioral questions.

No negotiation