Fiserv Interview Questions

2.9

Card Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in March 2013.

In person interview in front of 2 people. Lasted about half hour. Basic behavioral questions.

No negotiation

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview is not base on your skill set. It is base on whether you went to the same college and have the same hobbies as the team.

Interview Questions

This environment will destroy my career path.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in February 2013.

Recruiter contacted me, did first round of phone interviews, followed by two rounds of phone interviews, followed by in-person interview with 1-hour sessions including the main hirer, the President, CFO, and sales leader for a peer interview at their NJ location by NYC.

Interview Questions
    • How will you approach a situation selling to tier-2 companies instead of the tier-1 firms you currently target?   Answer Question

The offer was 15% lower than had been originally offered by the recruiter in the initial phone call, and this was after negotiating up. Very confusing, and a waste of time for all involved.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in February 2013.

Initial Phone interview from HR, Personal Interview (2), 2nd Phone interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fiserv in January 2013.

Two step interviews first one with an agent to explain the job and hours of work second one with a manager who explain the difficulties and personality involve for the dedication of the jobs

Interview Questions
    • making sure be able to handle any situation and also handle pressure   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fiserv.

Know the company, the product, your resume, and be prepared to talk.

Interview Questions
    • How do you resolve conflicts and issues when there is a disagreement among different parties involved in the project?   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in December 2012.

Once you apply, they generally call you within a week or so. There are usually always positions to fill, so interviews are pretty constant. They do a quick phone interview just to make sure that you're qualified and able to hold a conversation. They will then usually schedule you for a person to person interview at the same time. When you go in for the interview, usually a couple of different managers from different departments will interview you. I did two interviews with four different managers when I was on site for the interview. After all of that, they'll call you about a week later with a decision and as to which department you'll end up in.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty normal. They go over job expectations for the most part, since most incoming employee's cannot fully understand the role they'll have. Essentially, they'll ask your strengths and weaknesses, a time you've dealt with a stressful or ethical issue at a previous employer, etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as far as I know, just "We'll be starting you at this salary"

Loan Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv in October 2012.

Applied to a position of interest and within my ability. I applied online and submitted my resume with references that included a contact at an affiliated division of the company. Not sure if that really made a difference. I received an email and a phone call to set up a phone interview. The interview was very structured, and obviously directed to be compliant with hiring standards. The interviewer was very cordial, informative about the company, the position and work location. He stated that the interview answers, resume and references are forwarded to the hiring manager for review. If skills match, the hiring manager would be in touch. I did receive an email with similar information. The only issue I had was that even after a follow-up email, and phone call by me, there was no contact. Things did change for me, so I called and emailed the recruiter stating that I would not be relocating to another state as originally planned. I figured that was all. However nearly 4 months later I received an email stating that they decided on a different candidate. So, not sure if that was a housekeeping issue, or they dropped the ball somewhere. Overall, I would apply with them again in the future. The people I dealt with over the years that work there seem to love it.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

I applied, was contacted about three weeks later. The interview was very simple and by the book, they talked a lot of how the starting pay is not that great but they give raises & bonuses every year, after two years I never saw a raise or a bonus.

Negotiation was very simple, here is a lowball salary, if you do not like tough…. we have a thousand college students a year who will come work here cheap.

Entry Level Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in September 2012.

Interview process includes a phone call from somewhere in the country by HR. The interviewer became confrontational when they ask a question and I elaborated and didn't give a short, blunt answer. Interviewer expressed her disapproval of financial regulations even though there clients may be organizations that almost caused a global economic collapse. Then you are given a face-to-face interview where we discussed big banks versus small banks since they do lending software for big banks at this location. The interviewer made many assumptions about what courses are covered and what courses people take in college. The interviewer was surprised I didn't read a technical/professional book in graduate school, a type of book student learners do not read. I was very clear about what topics I studied as an undergraduate and graduate school. The interviewer rudely walked away after leaving the office. Are people in this industry incapable of common courtesy? I received an email 4 weeks later that they do not have an appropriate position available. If I was inappropriate for the position, why waste my gas, and toll money and their company time used to interview me?

Interview Questions
    • What software design patterns do you know?   View Answer