Fiserv

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fiserv in January 2013.

Two step interviews first one with an agent to explain the job and hours of work second one with a manager who explain the difficulties and personality involve for the dedication of the jobs

Interview Questions
    • making sure be able to handle any situation and also handle pressure   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fiserv.

Know the company, the product, your resume, and be prepared to talk.

Interview Questions
    • How do you resolve conflicts and issues when there is a disagreement among different parties involved in the project?   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in December 2012.

Once you apply, they generally call you within a week or so. There are usually always positions to fill, so interviews are pretty constant. They do a quick phone interview just to make sure that you're qualified and able to hold a conversation. They will then usually schedule you for a person to person interview at the same time. When you go in for the interview, usually a couple of different managers from different departments will interview you. I did two interviews with four different managers when I was on site for the interview. After all of that, they'll call you about a week later with a decision and as to which department you'll end up in.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty normal. They go over job expectations for the most part, since most incoming employee's cannot fully understand the role they'll have. Essentially, they'll ask your strengths and weaknesses, a time you've dealt with a stressful or ethical issue at a previous employer, etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as far as I know, just "We'll be starting you at this salary"

Loan Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv in October 2012.

Applied to a position of interest and within my ability. I applied online and submitted my resume with references that included a contact at an affiliated division of the company. Not sure if that really made a difference. I received an email and a phone call to set up a phone interview. The interview was very structured, and obviously directed to be compliant with hiring standards. The interviewer was very cordial, informative about the company, the position and work location. He stated that the interview answers, resume and references are forwarded to the hiring manager for review. If skills match, the hiring manager would be in touch. I did receive an email with similar information. The only issue I had was that even after a follow-up email, and phone call by me, there was no contact. Things did change for me, so I called and emailed the recruiter stating that I would not be relocating to another state as originally planned. I figured that was all. However nearly 4 months later I received an email stating that they decided on a different candidate. So, not sure if that was a housekeeping issue, or they dropped the ball somewhere. Overall, I would apply with them again in the future. The people I dealt with over the years that work there seem to love it.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

I applied, was contacted about three weeks later. The interview was very simple and by the book, they talked a lot of how the starting pay is not that great but they give raises & bonuses every year, after two years I never saw a raise or a bonus.

Negotiation was very simple, here is a lowball salary, if you do not like tough…. we have a thousand college students a year who will come work here cheap.

Software Design Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in September 2012.

Applied on a Monday morning, was e-mailed for an interview the next day. Had first interview the next Monday and was pretty basic. Overall just culture fit type questions. Had a phone interview with senior manager the same week, just to clarify salary request. Third interview the next week and ended up basically being an hour shadowing someone to understand more about the job. Overall the experience was pretty laid back and relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you should communicate via e-mail vs. in-person communication.   View Answer
    I chose not to negotiate my salary.

Entry Level Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in September 2012.

Interview process includes a phone call from somewhere in the country by HR. The interviewer became confrontational when they ask a question and I elaborated and didn't give a short, blunt answer. Interviewer expressed her disapproval of financial regulations even though there clients may be organizations that almost caused a global economic collapse. Then you are given a face-to-face interview where we discussed big banks versus small banks since they do lending software for big banks at this location. The interviewer made many assumptions about what courses are covered and what courses people take in college. The interviewer was surprised I didn't read a technical/professional book in graduate school, a type of book student learners do not read. I was very clear about what topics I studied as an undergraduate and graduate school. The interviewer rudely walked away after leaving the office. Are people in this industry incapable of common courtesy? I received an email 4 weeks later that they do not have an appropriate position available. If I was inappropriate for the position, why waste my gas, and toll money and their company time used to interview me?

Interview Questions
    • What software design patterns do you know?   View Answer

Fraud Prevention Call Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in September 2012.

I applied to Fiserv online and the next day got an automated call informing me of a "job fair" at the local community college. I went to the fair and took a computer test that tested my abilities to remember details from fake phone calls and some basic math etc. after that I had a pre interview in the next room. There were three supervisors interviewing 3 people at a time and then they would set up the actual interview at a later date. At the interview I met with a supervisor in their office he asked me the typical interview questions and gave me a tour then informed me that if they were interested I would receive a call within the next week. They called me back before I could get to my house and offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic but the simulated calls tripped me up the first time because I didn't write anything down. I would listen to a call and then the question would ask details about it that could have easily been over looked.   Answer Question

Director Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in July 2012.

Like any big company, the process was a little longer than I expected (takes a long time for wheels to turn, I think). The people I talked to were very nice although you could tell there was not a systemic approach to seeking candidates. Several phone interviews and in-person interviews were required.

Interview Questions
    • There were some VERY detailed technical questions that suggested they valued technical acumen over leadership skills.   Answer Question
    Quick and painless. Got very close to what I wanted.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in June 2012.

I applied for the job via indeed. Got contacted by a company recruiter through email and we set up a phone interview for the next day, the phone interview went well and I was able to get another interview with the tax manager which also went well i was able to get the face to face interview. My interview was the branch tax manager and the regional tax manager from Wisconsin, I thought they both went well but i wasn't offered the internship.