Fiserv Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.9

Loan Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Fiserv in October 2012.

Applied to a position of interest and within my ability. I applied online and submitted my resume with references that included a contact at an affiliated division of the company. Not sure if that really made a difference. I received an email and a phone call to set up a phone interview. The interview was very structured, and obviously directed to be compliant with hiring standards. The interviewer was very cordial, informative about the company, the position and work location. He stated that the interview answers, resume and references are forwarded to the hiring manager for review. If skills match, the hiring manager would be in touch. I did receive an email with similar information. The only issue I had was that even after a follow-up email, and phone call by me, there was no contact. Things did change for me, so I called and emailed the recruiter stating that I would not be relocating to another state as originally planned. I figured that was all. However nearly 4 months later I received an email stating that they decided on a different candidate. So, not sure if that was a housekeeping issue, or they dropped the ball somewhere. Overall, I would apply with them again in the future. The people I dealt with over the years that work there seem to love it.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in February 2013.

Recruiter contacted me, did first round of phone interviews, followed by two rounds of phone interviews, followed by in-person interview with 1-hour sessions including the main hirer, the President, CFO, and sales leader for a peer interview at their NJ location by NYC.

Interview Questions
    • How will you approach a situation selling to tier-2 companies instead of the tier-1 firms you currently target?   Answer Question

The offer was 15% lower than had been originally offered by the recruiter in the initial phone call, and this was after negotiating up. Very confusing, and a waste of time for all involved.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2013.

Had phone interview with HR . After three months they call for personal interview . As per the email from HR it is three people , Hiring manager , testers and a developer . It is waste of time that I have attended the interview , Hiring manager didn't show up and not sure whom can make decision .I had bad experience with the process .

Customer Service Representative Interview

Pretty easy interview face to face then offered the position.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in September 2010.

For me it was not too long of a process. I was coming from a financial institution with 23 years experience I was able to use that as leverage in order to speed up the process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions focused mostly on my customer service experience and my knowledge of software products.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fiserv.

Phone screen. Some technical questions based on the experience. Called in for onsite interview. Met with fellow architect, nothing technically challenging, Interviewed senior VPs of technology and program managers.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in February 2013.

Initial Phone interview from HR, Personal Interview (2), 2nd Phone interview

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2010.

Interview with hiring manager and team

Interview Questions

Some of the team members were negative about the environment and culture of the broader department.

Director Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in July 2012.

Like any big company, the process was a little longer than I expected (takes a long time for wheels to turn, I think). The people I talked to were very nice although you could tell there was not a systemic approach to seeking candidates. Several phone interviews and in-person interviews were required.

Interview Questions
    • There were some VERY detailed technical questions that suggested they valued technical acumen over leadership skills.   Answer Question
    Quick and painless. Got very close to what I wanted.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview is not base on your skill set. It is base on whether you went to the same college and have the same hobbies as the team.

Interview Questions

This environment will destroy my career path.