Fiserv

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fiserv in January 2009.

Interview Details – They found my resume, did a brief phone interview & then went in for an interview with hiring manager & division head. Straight forward interview questions. Offer was given to me before I left the office.

Negotiation Details – Attempted to negotiate salary, but they were firm in offer.

Norcross, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in October 2010.

Interview Details – Company posted a lot of positions with the same title. I found out that you had to apply to each one separately in order to be considered. I was finally contacted for a phone interview. The interview had gone well, then the recruiter asked me about salary expectations. I asked him instead about the salary range. The range he quoted was far below market for the position. I thought there would be an opportunity to continue the discussion, even asking so as I sent in my "thank you" e-mail. Never heard from them again. My advice is that if you're interested in going there, try to get past the salary screen that takes place during the phone interview.

Interview Question – What are your salary expectations?   View Answer

Interviewed at Fiserv

Interview Details – The interview process went fine till the time a fellow project manager was talking. The moment it elevated to next round, and the guy came in with all kind of ego. Didn't even know if its called web.xml or webserver.xml, and he had that in a question! Too much of an ego-ist and a little on idiotic side, tells a little about the firm.

Interview Question – What role does webserver.xml play! (Wrong question!)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't look like the senior management was smart enough to work with, this opinion is based on the discussion with Sr PM.

Project Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Fiserv in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of meeting with 2 managers at the same time. One was the hiring manager, the other was a manager of another department. The interview consisted of an overview of the job and then that lead into how you handled the various situations that you will potentially be exposed to. It detailed how well you handle conflicts with other people, departments, and other potential road blocks in getting your job done. The interview went on for an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts with co-workers?   View Answer
  • What will you do if you are not provided with the resources necessary to complete your project?   View Answer

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!