Fiserv Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015

3.2

Interview

Interview Questions

• They have no respect for a candidate or the employees. I wish I had not applied for a job at Fiserv, that was the worst mistake of my career. They have no respect for a candidate or the employees. I wish I had not applied for a job at Fiserv, that was the worst mistake of my career.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fiserv

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Pre-screened by in-house recruiter followed by submitting a coding exercise followed by technical phone interviews followed by on-site interviews with several technology leaders. (They flew me to CT for the face-to-face interviews.) Hiring process was very smooth once the offer was extended. Waited for background check to complete and then started work within a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with people that are unwilling to change bad processes. (This was a common pain point for every person that interviewed me.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They maxed out the salary offering so that threw in more vacation to sweeten the deal.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fiserv (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

1 hour phone interview on technical subjects, reviewer seemed impressed. Interview with 3 co-workers, one complained about how he worked there for two years before being hired full time, and almost suggested I don't take the job. One asked technical questions, kind of off the wall; on one he mentioned he hadn't heard of a term either until he started working there. Other person asked some fairly straightforward questions. Wierdest interview I think I've ever been on. None of the people I met seemed like they were prepared to interview someone... If it works out I may go to the next level just out of curiousity, but then after reviewing this site I might just keep looking...

Interview Questions

• asked about something that wasn't even hinted at on the req. or in the phone interview...   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fiserv (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Java Online Technical Test followed by Technical Discussion and Managerial discussion.
    Java Online test consist of 39 questions. Time allotted was 98 mins. Once a question is answered, it cannot be revisited again. For each question there could be max 3 allowed choices to be selected. You can select 1 or 2 or 3 choices. The pattern of test depends upon how well you will be answering the questions. If you are doing well, The level of question gets tough. If you are doing poor, the difficulty level of questions drop.
    Also, there is different weight to all the options in a question, positive as well as negative, i.e. there could be different marks given for correct answer and there could different marks deduction for wrong answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want yo join Fiserv?   1 Answer
    • Since, it is a Banking domain company, they ask about implementation of security perspectives in Java.   Answer Question
    • Maximum questions revolve around Struts 2, JPA and Spring Framework.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

There was long queue of 200+ people at the day but HR managed the process very well.It satrted with registration followed by machine test ,2 technical rounds and 1 HR round(formality,merely salary negotiation)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

bring another offer letter

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

3 ROUNDS - Written, Technical and managerial. Written consist of java mcq. Technical related to projects. Managerial related to your aptitude and some java mcqs to check your analystical reasoning.

Negotiation

Negotiable

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv (Pune (India)).

Interview

Technical interview followed by Manager discussion

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fiserv in July 2012.

Interview

Five rounds:
    1.) Telephonic round 2.) Technical interview 3.) Technical test - 30 questions - Each question having 3 minutes to solve 4.) Manager round 5.) HR round and discussion regarding salary

Negotiation

i got more salary than what i asked for :)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv (Bangalore (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Online Exam,
    Technical Rounds of interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fiserv (Pune (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Only Technical round and no HR round. Just salary negotiation.

Negotiation

2 mins.