Fiserv

Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview Questions
  • They have no respect for a candidate or the employees. I wish I had not applied for a job at Fiserv, that was the worst mistake of my career. They have no respect for a candidate or the employees. I wish I had not applied for a job at Fiserv, that was the worst mistake of my career.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fiserv

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Pre-screened by in-house recruiter followed by submitting a coding exercise followed by technical phone interviews followed by on-site interviews with several technology leaders. (They flew me to CT for the face-to-face interviews.) Hiring process was very smooth once the offer was extended. Waited for background check to complete and then started work within a week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with people that are unwilling to change bad processes. (This was a common pain point for every person that interviewed me.)   Answer Question
    They maxed out the salary offering so that threw in more vacation to sweeten the deal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fiserv in February 2012.

1 hour phone interview on technical subjects, reviewer seemed impressed. Interview with 3 co-workers, one complained about how he worked there for two years before being hired full time, and almost suggested I don't take the job. One asked technical questions, kind of off the wall; on one he mentioned he hadn't heard of a term either until he started working there. Other person asked some fairly straightforward questions. Wierdest interview I think I've ever been on. None of the people I met seemed like they were prepared to interview someone... If it works out I may go to the next level just out of curiousity, but then after reviewing this site I might just keep looking...

Interview Questions
    • asked about something that wasn't even hinted at on the req. or in the phone interview...   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv.

There was long queue of 200+ people at the day but HR managed the process very well.It satrted with registration followed by machine test ,2 technical rounds and 1 HR round(formality,merely salary negotiation)

bring another offer letter

Senior Software Engineer Interview

3 ROUNDS - Written, Technical and managerial. Written consist of java mcq. Technical related to projects. Managerial related to your aptitude and some java mcqs to check your analystical reasoning.

Negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv.

Technical interview followed by Manager discussion

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fiserv in July 2012.

Five rounds:
    1.) Telephonic round 2.) Technical interview 3.) Technical test - 30 questions - Each question having 3 minutes to solve 4.) Manager round 5.) HR round and discussion regarding salary

i got more salary than what i asked for :)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv in July 2011.

Online Exam,
    Technical Rounds of interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fiserv in March 2011.

Only Technical round and no HR round. Just salary negotiation.

2 mins.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fiserv in July 2008.

One of my friend who was already working for Fiserv referred my profile in the company. Initial Process was too much time consuming. HR is very bad and doesnt care for internal referrals, may be they care more for self referrals ;-). Anyways my telephonic interview was scheduled soon after. It was a totally technical interview where interviewer asked me about lots of .net questions.
    After that i was informed by the HR that i got through the first round and they called me for the second F2F round and that was basically technical cum managerial round. I was surprised that i was put in front ot VP of the company for my second round. He asked various things like reason for job change, Processes followed etc. Finally i was selected and offered by the HR.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is possible but only if they need to hire candidate urgently otherwise they wont care if you are joining or not. So dont refuse the offer but just keep on insisting for higher perks and compensation and make them comfortable that you want to join.