Fiserv

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fiserv in January 2010.

Once you apply, you get an automated email from them. After that, HR will contact you and setup the interview. They do a phone screen first and if you pass that, they will send it back to HR to proceed to a face to face interview. After the face to face interview happens, HR will get a hold of you to do a background and drug test. Once all clears, you get your offer letter.

The interview for me was actually not too bad. I remember the phone screen was very general and the face to face was a 3 hour interview. They GRILLED ME on the interview with technical questions and scenarios and later on the questions were more about my work style.

Interview Questions
  • Name all the FSMO roles for Active Directory.   View Answer
Ask for more money when the offer is on the table because you won't get a salary bump for a while.

Other Interview Reviews for Fiserv

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in December 2008.

I applied online for the job. After application HR called me to tell me that I would have a phone interview. I had a phone interview with who is now my supervisor. After recommending that I come in for a 1 on 1, I had the last interview with the hiring manager.

Later on (two weeks or so) I got a call from HR again with salary information and to tell me I was hired. One thing that made me very mad was that the HR person told me that I was not worth what I asked for which was $4,000 more a year!

They ran a background check and it took forever for me to receive an letter of intent so I could resign from my other job.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have to give a two weeks notice?   View Answer
    Easy but frustrating at the same time based on the comment from HR that I have posted above.