Fisher Investments

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

30 minute conversational style interview in person with a recruiter. It was a very relaxed environment. After the in person character test and resume check another 30 minute phone interview was scheduled with someone on thier hiring team. Still in the process so hopefully the phone interview goes smoothly like the face-to-face interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Process was fairly easy. Met with 4 different employees from 4 different departments ranging in different ages. Whole process lasted about 2 hours. Most all candidates are trying to get to know who you are, what you like and are interested in working in.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest fear? What is a time you overcame a challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

On campus recruiter. 30 minute behavioral interview on campus followed by 30 minute phone interview with recruiter from portland office. The interview was very laid back and conversational. Had the opportunity to ask questions on what makes fisher so special compared to other investment companies. The interviewer was very easy to converse with.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a challenge you faced in the workforce and how did you get through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Camous recruiting. First round on campus, second one over phone, third one they would fly you out to Portland to interview if selected. Second interview over the phone with someone in Washington was almost identical to the 1 on 1 interview. If they fly you out they probably will give you an offer if you can pass the panel sort of phase in Portland.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked in sales before? Most questions were basic and not too complicated. A lot of questions surrounding ability to be on phones and interest in working in that type of setting. Be sure you're confident in your willingness to move to the west coast if selected. Second interview (phone) was very similar to first except a little shorter.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

I met them at our on campus recruiting event and had an interview shortly after that. We basically went through my resume and I was able to talk about my self. Then went to an on site interview. Had 4 back to back 45 minute long interviews. Same kind of thing, they let me talk about myself and my resume, they asked some behavioral questions. Then had a phone interview with a team leader where we went over what the job would entail along with another chance to talk about myself. Process took 3-4 weeks but was overall good.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Applied through LinkedIn, received a call 2-3 weeks later to invite for a phone interview. Received a rejection e-mail about 3-4 weeks after the interview.

Interviewer was quite rude. He downplayed my experiences in an inappropriate way. I knew halfway through the phone interview that I wasn't going to move forward in the process and was very turned off. I have experienced interviews gone bad but this was easily the worst experience I have had.

I was interviewing for more than one position so it was difficult to assess which skills to focus on during my preparation. I asked which role my resume spoke to the most and this question was dismissed since that "was the point of the interview in the first place."

Interview Questions
    • What makes you interested in Sales?
      Why do you want to work for Fisher?
      Tell me about a time you failed.
      Tell me about a time you struggled with the task at hand.

View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

I received a phone call to set up an interview for a week later. The day of the interview, I received another phone call that we needed to reschedule the interview. So after two weeks of the initial phone call, I finally had my first round of interviews. Questions were very straight forward for the most part.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2014.

Met recruiter at university career fair. had a 30 min in person interview. got called to fly to office in Camas, WA Was not anything bizarre. Basic behavioral questions. both during phone interview and on campus bring back day. campus bring back day was 3 interviews. took us out to dinner. good experience with company. got a tour of office talked with many different employees

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2014.

Absolutely, hands down, the most unprofessional company / process in the financial sector. Went through 3 "pre-screen" interviews with 3 different people. First 2 were pretty standard, basic fit questions. Interviewers were really trying to "sell" the company. 3rd one was with a hiring manager and lasted about 3 minutes. Was asked about finding the company on One Wire (finance job board) and why sales. Was hung up on through my second answer. Called back immediately to continue the phone interview and was sent to a voice mail. Incredibly unprofessional and rude. Good lord, who do these people think they are? You're a nobody in the massive world of finance and to treat people like that shows exactly what your company stands for.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2014.

Fisher is very quick to get back to you. I applied online and they called me back within two days. The first lady will ask a couple questions to weed out applicants like: 1. What do you know about Fisher? 2. Why did you apply to Fisher? 3. Who do you know at Fisher? Next you'll get a call (mine the same day) with a mid-level "recruiter" who will paint a bleak picture of what the work will be like. I have 4 friends that work at Fisher, so I already knew what I was getting in to, but my recruiter over exaggerated how hard it would be, how many calls you'll get etc. They do this to scare away applicants. You get through that, they'll schedule another phone interview with an upper level recruiter. (next day for me) He was a straight shooter and cut to the chase. They'll go over your resume and touch of specific details.