Fisher Investments

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – It is very easy to get a call from fisher investments. I only clicked the "apply" button on LinkedIn. I received a call from them the next day. They need people at the Camas office badly. The job descripton was vague enough for me to apply. This is a SALES position. This position will suit you if you really enjoy sales. They expect you to make about 200 phone calls a day. It was very clear to Fisher and I that this job isn't suited for my skill set (Financial Advisory).

Interview Question – Why did you want to join Fisher Investments?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Fisher Investments

Interview Details – Pretty standard. Submitted my resume through company site. It was followed by a phone screen with a recruiter. Upon passing the phone screen, you are asked to come in to the office and interview with a vice president, a team leader, and a member of the sales team. Interview lasted over an hour.

Interview Question – Pretty standard behavioral questions, they want to see if you can fit in to the team and if you can handle high volume calls on a daily basis.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating, 30k base plus commission.

Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Had several phone interviews and was eventually flown out to Portland to visit the Camas, WA office. Had two more interviews afterwards and was later called an told I did not get the position.

Interview Question – You are handling a joint account and the husband wants to purchase a stock that we don't recommend. What do you do?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Camas, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – I first spoke with a rep from Fisher Investments at a career fair at my university. Nailed the pitch, got scheduled an in-person interview for the following day, nailed that too. Heard back from a recruiter in Camas about four days later to schedule a date to be flown out to their campus in WA. Stayed in a nice hotel in Vancouver, had a lengthy and exhausting day at the office with several personal introductions, an hour long presentation by a senior exec, and four separate 45-minute interviews. Interviews were very in-depth. Don't lie on your resume. They will find out. Have an example and then another example for every single thing you put on your resume or what you tell them about yourself. They will ask. It wasn't an intimidating atmosphere but their questions (all behavioral) are pretty extreme. Be well prepared. Other than that, I became great friends with the other candidates that interviewed the same day (they tell you that you aren't competing against each other and encourage you to learn everything about them). Taken back to the hotel to change and was given a tour of Portland on a cool party bus and free dinner. Flew back home the next day. Reimbursed for everything. Recruiter tells you that a response will be given between 7-10 days. I heard back on the 10th day. Got a call and had what felt like another intense phone interview with the VP of sales... After an hour of trying to make my case why I'd be a good contribution to the team, he gave me an offer. I had two weeks to accept.

Interview Question – If I was at a bar with your best friend, what would he tell me is a good reason why I should hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room to negotiate. Benefits and commission structure are explained in the formal offer letter.

Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – The first interview at my school went well and was very basic with just personality based questions. Once I made the trip out to Portland, it was a very confusing interview process. The recruiter at my school told me I would be a great in the Account Executive position, so I assumed I would be interviewing for that job. However, I actually had an interview with 3 different people in different departments looking to see if I would be a good fit in their position they were seeking to fill. While I was under the impression for all of them I was trying to tell them why I would be good for the AE job. I just wish I would of known that and could of been better prepared for the interviews because I really did like the atmosphere of the company.

Interview Question – What is something we didn't ask you that you want to tell us about?   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview asked somewhat basic questions. I felt lie the interview went well but didn't get a second interview. If you want to move on in the process you really have to wow them in the phone interview.

Interview Question – Describe what you think of when you hear the word innovation.   Answer Question

Account Executive

Interview Details – Got in contact with a representative at our college career fair. Gave them resume, and they contacted by phone about three weeks later by a HR person to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with another recruiter. Very basic, nothing out of the ordinary. Just them asking a bunch of questions (behavioral, asking about things from your resume). Lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Question – When was the last time you got some critical feedback from an authority figure and have you had time to put the feedback into practice?   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Two rounds of phone interviews and a final round in person interview at the office. Get to talk to a variety of employees, from senior management to lower management.

Interview Question – What is our biggest risk I'm hiring you? They do not want your biggest weakness. They want an honest answer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It is tedious work. Good for someone who wants to make a lot of phone calls to sell and make a lot of money, as the company had described to me.

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – This was an on-campus recruiting event. I first applied through the school career site and was called for an interview on campus. The questions were basic behavioral questions; they want to get a feel for how you will do on the job, which consists mostly, if not all, phone calls.

Interview Question – Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 on how competitive you are.   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Recruiters approached me at a college career fair. They really promoted me to go through the interview process to learn more about the firm and decide later. Next thing I know I was on 2 phone interviews then being flown out to have final round interviews. 1 day, 4 hours of interviews and the offer came 2 weeks later. I was given 1 week to make a decision and get back to them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in this industry, why not something else?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ZERO negotiation on anything other than start date. No salary negotiation.

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!