Fisher Investments Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Pretty casual where they just get to know you. We started with an elevator pitch and talked about that a bit. Then we went over the resume and the various aspects of experience and leadership.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

30 minute conversational style interview in person with a recruiter. It was a very relaxed environment. After the in person character test and resume check another 30 minute phone interview was scheduled with someone on thier hiring team. Still in the process so hopefully the phone interview goes smoothly like the face-to-face interview.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Interview Process was fairly easy. Met with 4 different employees from 4 different departments ranging in different ages. Whole process lasted about 2 hours. Most all candidates are trying to get to know who you are, what you like and are interested in working in.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest fear? What is a time you overcame a challenge?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

On campus recruiter. 30 minute behavioral interview on campus followed by 30 minute phone interview with recruiter from portland office. The interview was very laid back and conversational. Had the opportunity to ask questions on what makes fisher so special compared to other investment companies. The interviewer was very easy to converse with.

Interview Questions

• Explain a challenge you faced in the workforce and how did you get through it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Camous recruiting. First round on campus, second one over phone, third one they would fly you out to Portland to interview if selected. Second interview over the phone with someone in Washington was almost identical to the 1 on 1 interview. If they fly you out they probably will give you an offer if you can pass the panel sort of phase in Portland.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in sales before? Most questions were basic and not too complicated. A lot of questions surrounding ability to be on phones and interest in working in that type of setting. Be sure you're confident in your willingness to move to the west coast if selected. Second interview (phone) was very similar to first except a little shorter.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Redwood City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview through am employee referral. Recruiter called me and set up the first interview the following week. The call lasted approximately 20 minutes and went well which i presumed. Had a very good conversation about the company and what I wanted to achieve. They said they would contact me in a few days for the following interview or if they were going in a different direction. They ended up going in a different direction.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Met recruiters at career fair at my university. From first contact to offer took just over 7 weeks and included an interview on my school campus, a day of on-site interviews in Camas, and then two phone interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. Benefits are already amazing - no need to negotiate those.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I met them at our on campus recruiting event and had an interview shortly after that. We basically went through my resume and I was able to talk about my self. Then went to an on site interview. Had 4 back to back 45 minute long interviews. Same kind of thing, they let me talk about myself and my resume, they asked some behavioral questions. Then had a phone interview with a team leader where we went over what the job would entail along with another chance to talk about myself. Process took 3-4 weeks but was overall good.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, received a call 2-3 weeks later to invite for a phone interview. Received a rejection e-mail about 3-4 weeks after the interview.

Interviewer was quite rude. He downplayed my experiences in an inappropriate way. I knew halfway through the phone interview that I wasn't going to move forward in the process and was very turned off. I have experienced interviews gone bad but this was easily the worst experience I have had.

I was interviewing for more than one position so it was difficult to assess which skills to focus on during my preparation. I asked which role my resume spoke to the most and this question was dismissed since that "was the point of the interview in the first place."

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in Sales?
      Why do you want to work for Fisher?
      Tell me about a time you failed.
      Tell me about a time you struggled with the task at hand.

1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I received a phone call to set up an interview for a week later. The day of the interview, I received another phone call that we needed to reschedule the interview. So after two weeks of the initial phone call, I finally had my first round of interviews. Questions were very straight forward for the most part.