Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A long process but they really take the time to get to know you to make sure that you are a good fit for the company which gives you the opportunity to realize if you are a good fit for them. They want to get to know your experience with leadership as well as how you deal with conflict in the work place

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with a couple of weeks in between. Interviews were pretty straight forward, mainly based off resume and some behavioral questions as well. They wanted me to continue the interview process but at a location I was not willing to move to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you experienced conflict with a coworker or client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy, but any thorough process should be. I haven't been offered a position yet, but I am hoping to receive an offer next week. I started with a phone interview from a recruiter. That was followed up by an office visit and in-person interviews with several teams. I had a background check and a second phone interview. I have another phone interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me someone thing about you that's not on your resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume by an employee referral and got a call 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. After my first phone interview I got a call back and hour later to set up another phone interview the next day with another recruiter. A week later got a phone call to set up an onsite interview. At the onsite I was greeted by an employee who gave me a tour around the building before taking me to the interview floor where I waited for my interviews to begin. I first interviewed with a manger in the Client Service department, then interviewed with Sales Operations, and finally an Account Executive Team Lead. After the onsite interview I got a call back the same day from recruiting to follow up on what positions I was interested in the most and what I thought of the visit. I was told I would hear back in a week. In the meantime I got emails and links to fill out a background check and waited over a week and heard nothing back. After a week and a half had passed I emailed recruiting to follow up on my status and the next day got a call back saying they were still interested and wanted to set up a final phone interview with the Group Vice President. Immediately after the phone interview I was offered the job by the GVP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate. I tried but was told that at entry level everyone goes in with the same expectations and salary pay. However depending on your performance you do get bonuses twice a year, that could be up to 20% of your salary.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I first met with a recruiter for an interview at my university and was later flown out to Portland for a weekend. The interview itself was a day long affair where each candidate met with 3-4 different people and were interviewed for multiple positions. The interview process was unorganized and throughout the entire weekend they still did not communicate with any of the candidates which position we were actually being interviewed for.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

flew out to portland to interview at headquarters -- met with four difference managers from throughout the organization for thirty minutes each. very timely with responses and feedback from the hiring managers.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone interviews. I was referred by a current employee and I was guaranteed at least one interview. I received a phone call a day or so after I applied and the referral was made. Both interviewers were professional and straight forward. My degree is in Psychology, but I felt immediately disqualified when they reconsidered me for an Account Executive role as mentioned in the second interview. They asked me what my GPA was and how I felt about my performance in school. I felt as though my candidacy for the CSA position was overlooked because of my major and academic background being in behavioral sciences and not finance. They are considering me for a role that involves cold calling and sales, for drastically less pay. Basically, I feel misled and while they foster diversity, they devalue it into a glorified telemarketing role. They are a great company to work for, but unless you have the background of a finance all-star student, it will be an uphill battle to prove your merit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? Why fisher investments? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

I'm still waiting to hear the outcome of my interview.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me (although 15 minutes late), asked me typical personality/behavioral questions. Included the typical introduction and then why I chose my school, field of study, etc. I was also asked to highlight an accomplishment and go over previous job experience. Overall, it was a very chill and almost informal phone interview. That was to be expected since if I move forward there will be another phone interview with a more senior recruiter, and then a superday.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

first, you arrange a phone interview with a recruiter who will ask basic questions about you and what you know about the company. If the first interview goes well you will have either another phone interview with a department manager or you will have an in person interview. I received my in person interview after two phone interviews. The in person interview was on Fisher's campus and included a brief tour. After the tour you wait in a small office to interview with department managers who are interested in meeting with you. I met with two individuals and spoke with them for roughly 30 minutes each. After a little over a week I was contacted regarding the interview and the managers decisions based off of speaking with me.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation in which you completely failed and why you feel you failed?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call to set up an initial phone interview with a recruiter. I made to the second round, which was a second phone interview with another recruiter. After the interview, the recruiter asked me to fill out an application with personal info, employment background, and credit info.

Interview Questions

• I asked was series of behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why wealth management? Why investment company?   Answer Question