Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I first met with a recruiter for an interview at my university and was later flown out to Portland for a weekend. The interview itself was a day long affair where each candidate met with 3-4 different people and were interviewed for multiple positions. The interview process was unorganized and throughout the entire weekend they still did not communicate with any of the candidates which position we were actually being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

flew out to portland to interview at headquarters -- met with four difference managers from throughout the organization for thirty minutes each. very timely with responses and feedback from the hiring managers.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me (although 15 minutes late), asked me typical personality/behavioral questions. Included the typical introduction and then why I chose my school, field of study, etc. I was also asked to highlight an accomplishment and go over previous job experience. Overall, it was a very chill and almost informal phone interview. That was to be expected since if I move forward there will be another phone interview with a more senior recruiter, and then a superday.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

first, you arrange a phone interview with a recruiter who will ask basic questions about you and what you know about the company. If the first interview goes well you will have either another phone interview with a department manager or you will have an in person interview. I received my in person interview after two phone interviews. The in person interview was on Fisher's campus and included a brief tour. After the tour you wait in a small office to interview with department managers who are interested in meeting with you. I met with two individuals and spoke with them for roughly 30 minutes each. After a little over a week I was contacted regarding the interview and the managers decisions based off of speaking with me.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation in which you completely failed and why you feel you failed?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through my University. First interview was a phone interview which was a very basic behavioral interview. Nothing tricky about it, just be yourself. He only asked me questions for about 15 minutes and then the next 15 minutes I was asking questions. He gave me an overview of the position and workday.
    I'm still in the interview process.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone interviews. I was referred by a current employee and I was guaranteed at least one interview. I received a phone call a day or so after I applied and the referral was made. Both interviewers were professional and straight forward. My degree is in Psychology, but I felt immediately disqualified when they reconsidered me for an Account Executive role as mentioned in the second interview. They asked me what my GPA was and how I felt about my performance in school. I felt as though my candidacy for the CSA position was overlooked because of my major and academic background being in behavioral sciences and not finance. They are considering me for a role that involves cold calling and sales, for drastically less pay. Basically, I feel misled and while they foster diversity, they devalue it into a glorified telemarketing role. They are a great company to work for, but unless you have the background of a finance all-star student, it will be an uphill battle to prove your merit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? Why fisher investments? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

I'm still waiting to hear the outcome of my interview.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in January 2015.

Interview

I originally toured the company with a group of students from Gonzaga as a Career Fair-type deal. I handed the recruiter my resume after the tour. A week later, I received a call that they wanted to schedule a phone interview for the next week.

Interview Questions

• The basic interview questions: tell me about yourself, what do you know about the company, what do you know about the positions we're hiring for, etc.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I applied online, received a phone call to set up an initial phone interview with a recruiter. I made to the second round, which was a second phone interview with another recruiter. After the interview, the recruiter asked me to fill out an application with personal info, employment background, and credit info.

Interview Questions

• I asked was series of behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why wealth management? Why investment company?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

They called me few days after I applied online and schedule the first interview in the next two weeks. I am still waiting to hear back from them next week. The interviewer seemed nice, but for some reasons she talked really soft and I could not hear her well. I guess it was because of the signal there I because mine was pretty good.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you experienced in such position? What did you learn the most about the job? But most of the questions are pretty basic. Mostly they asked about your previous job.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Interview

I applied the position online. Three days later, one hr person called me back, asked me some basic questions, such as my education background, and then scheduled an phone interview in three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest challenge in your former internship experience?   Answer Question