Fisher Investments

2.7

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2012.

My process started at a Career Fair at my university in which a recruiter reached out to me for an initial interview on campus. The interview went well, it was short and he gave me 15 of the 30 minutes allotted to ask questions. After about 2 weeks, I was contacted by my recruiter for an on-site interview in which they flew me to San Mateo, CA. I was interviewed 1on1 by 3 different managers. There were 12 others being interviewed at the same time as me.

Interview Questions
  • There were not many difficult questions. Most of the interview was spent detailing what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in August 2011.

I had a phone interview first. This consisted of explaining current and prior work history, education, extra curricular activities in college, why I want to work for Fisher, why I don't want to work for current employer, what my skills/duties were at past jobs. I was called back in two days and told that they would like to have me in for a face to face interview. The interview started by speaking with the same recruiter who did the phone interview, then the manager for the CSA position and ending with their manager. Total interview time was about 2 1/2 hours long. The wait time for a notice on whether or not I received an offer was approximately two weeks. Overall experience was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2011.

Three 1 hour interviews with three separate people. Be prepared to answer the following questions:

Why choose Fisher?
    How did you hear about Fisher?
    Tell me what you know about the firm: (think of clients they service, what markets they operate in internationally, talk about how much they have grown in the past few years and how you can't wait to work for a company that is growing in such a bad economy...)

Interview Questions
    It was easy to negotiate. I told them I wanted a certain salary and I got it with no counter-offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fisher Investments in May 2011.

I submitted my cover and letter and resume via Fisher Investment's career website, and was contacted by their corporate recruiter within a week. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview. I was then asked to come in to the office for an on-site interview. On the day of the interview, I met with their local corporate recruiter. He asked me some basic, behavioral questions--resume, experience, reason for interest in Fisher. I was then interviewed by the leader of the Client Services team. He also asked about basic, behavioral question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2011.

I applied online, had a phone interview and a in person interview with two managers. The first manager asked situational questions. The next manager was the GVP of the department and he tried to make you uncomfortable,

Interview Questions
    • They asked for specific numbers of performance from my previous job. When I did not have those numbers they said I clearly don't care about my work.   Answer Question
    None, they don't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2011.

Very general of what you did on your resume

Interview Questions
    We only offer 50K for this position - will you take it or no?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in December 2010.

I submitted my resume and received a call from a recruiter a week later. Scheduled a quick phone interview the next day, then had an in-office interview the next week. First was with department manager who was cold and inattentive, then SVP who was friendly and engaging. I got the distinct impression that the department head already had a candidate in mind and was going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • In what way did you innovate or make changes to your job processes to improve efficiency?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments in July 2010.

Had a 1-1 interview with a recruiter on the phone, then another 1-1 with the recruiter at their location. This was followed by an interview by two of their current supervisors of the Client Services Associate department. The interview was not bad - mostly asking about my resume and work experience and how that fit into the current opening. Just be prepared to talk about your resume and work experience and your related skills.

Then I had to come back with who I believe was the regional VP of sales - this interview was OK. In the process of answering a question, he would interrupt and ask a follow up question - every single time. This did not allow me to fully or completely answer any of the questions asked, which was honestly kind of frustrating. But, it seemed to only have just been a "hot seat" approach where you need to be on your toes.

I thought the process was long and drawn out. The recruiter was good about communicating with me the status of my application, but every time I talked to the recruiter it was kind of misleading. I didn't get the position, but in my phone conversations with her, her energy, words she used, the way she described things seemed misleading. I did not get the position for a certain round of hiring, but said I would be in consideration in the next round. They said to call back in a month, and then I also got a no offer when I followed up. The process was a bit long and drawn out, and frustrating, in the sense I felt somewhat strung along for a long time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2010.

First had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Was then brought down to Vancouver Washington for a number of interviews over the course of one day with a recruiter, and a variety of team members which lasted about 4 hours. Lastly had another 30 minute phone interview with the team manager (would usually be in person however he recently had a kid and was staying down in Cali.) About a week after my last interview was given an offer.

Interview Questions

Location, location, location. Vancouver Washington and Camas working in and around a number of strip malls wasn't my cup of tea.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2010.

First there was a phone interview with the recruiter. They just ask basic questions about yourself. Then I head back within about a week to schedule an in person interview. There were three rounds of interviews. Most of these interviews were in small groups 2-3 people. All questions were situational...tell me about a time...what would you do if. There were no case questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you worked as a team member?   Answer Question