Fisher Investments Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.7

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

xwent through 7 interviews, 4 phone, 3 in person, could do this job blindfolded, didn't get an offer, have significant brokerage experience, trading, management etc. Cannot imagine why i didn't get an offer, was positive in all aspects

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

The process took 3+ months from when I originally met them at a campus career fair in January. From there, I had a one on one meeting with a recruiter, which was an easy conversation, basic behavior questions, then had a phone conversation with a recruiter, which was slightly more involved. The questions he asked were behavior but also, tell me about a time when....or how have you challenged yourself...etc. After that, I was invited to their 2nd round interview in Camas Washington. They fly you up, put you in a nice hotel, take care of you. The interviews are 4, 45 minute individual interviews. You are usually pretty dead by the end of the whole thing. I had a really positive time and enjoyed all the people I had conversations with. They also give you a presentation about their benefits and the company philosophy. Afterwards they take you out on a bus tour of Portland, and out to dinner and drinks. All very nice. I made the mistake of telling them I had another job offer that I needed to respond to. I got a phone call, the weekend after I got back, telling me that because I had an outstanding offer with another company, they decided not to move forward. Frankly, I was hugely insulted.

Interview Questions

• What is something that your close friends would say is a negative attribute about you and how would you explain it otherwise.   1 Answer

Client Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2014.

Interview

Easy initial interview with recruiter in my area, very basic behavioral questions. Then they flew me out to their office in Washington State for follow up. Again, basic and nothing unexpected. All interview questions were already posted here. I actually liked the company and the culture, but after interviewing there was radio silence for 3 days. I had another offer expiring, which they were aware of and still didnt respond to calls or emails. They made me an offer less than 4 hours before expiration of my other opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out, most behavioral: how would you deal with difficult management, etc.   Answer Question

Salary substantially below market value.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through my University. First interview was a phone interview which was a very basic behavioral interview. Nothing tricky about it, just be yourself. He only asked me questions for about 15 minutes and then the next 15 minutes I was asking questions. He gave me an overview of the position and workday. I'm still in the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Portland, OR).

Interview

I saw Fisher's job listings on my university's job search website and sent them my resume and application. A recruiter called me some time later to set up an initial phone interview, and that interview was a week later and lasted about 30 minutes. Very basic fit questions. There were 2 more phone interviews after that, and a couple weeks after the last phone interview they offered to fly my to Portland to do a formal interview. I did, and there were about 8 other candidates there. They took us to dinner, showed us around Portland, and we each had 4 interviews in the office that day. A couple weeks after the formal interview, they called and offered me a position after allowing me to choose between 2 different job roles.

Interview Questions

They offered less money than I was offered from other companies, it was a less analytical job role than that of other companies, and the company had bad Glassdoor reviews.

Client Service Associate Interview

Interview

Went to a couple of campus recruiting events including a career fair and talked to a couple of younger employees. First interview was over the phone and I felt that they were impressed by my resume and wanted to proceed. If you search for 'top 20 interview questions' on google that's probably what they'll ask so just be ready for that kind of stuff. Second interview was about a month later on site. Process took about two and a half hours which was exhausting. Literally first thing in the morning the next day they called me for an interview with their VP of Client Services. When our scheduled call time rolled around my phone lost the call so we had to reschedule. When I did talk to her a couple of days later I was offered the position. I was shortly emailed the employment contract and given two weeks to respond with my answer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about times that you failed at something or something that did not go as expected. I'll just say the obvious, which is to focus on how this experience contributed to your growth and all that. One question that threw me off was 'what is your understanding of what Fisher Investments does?' which somehow felt like a trick question at first.   Answer Question

As a current college senior, the starting salary and potential to increase it (along with benefits) were tempting, but my boyfriend and I had agreed to a year of travel since I had applied and it wasn't an opportunity worth giving that up for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

1) Found position on university job board. 2) Two phone interviews with different recruiters 3) Based on questions, they decide where they think you can fit. 4) Everything was faxed! I had to fill out an application by hand and fax it. Not a big deal but it was the first time. 5) They flew me out. It was awesome. They definitely take care of you. 6) Interviews with 4 different employees from different parts of the firm.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral. Just make sure you know and have an opinion on the current markets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I had two phone calls before I was asked to come on site. The first phone call was scheduled by HR, but the recruiter that was supposed to call me never did. I sent an email to HR explaining how I had been waiting for a phone call at the scheduled time, after which I was immediately called back and apologized to, arranging it for the next day. Not the best way to start off. My next phone call (a week later) went over really well. Then after waiting two weeks I was asked to come on site. The email told me to check in on the first floor with a receptionist, yet when I arrived there was clearly no receptionist. A sign directed me to the third floor (for visitors). When I got to the third floor and again did not see a receptionist and was told by someone walking by that interviewees should head up to the sixth floor. After checking in and then waiting for ~30 minutes to finally talk with someone, I spoke with three different people. Then two weeks after my on site interview, I was called and told management didn't think it was a match. The entire process took 6 weeks from start to finish and is entirely too long for an entry level hiring process IMO.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical 'about me' questions in regards to strengths and weaknesses. Interviewers also asked questions about my resume and previous experience.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Was contacted within 24 hours of submitting my application to schedule a phone interview. Had my first phone interview the next day (roughly 30 min conversation going over my resume) and they contacted me about 2 hours later to schedule a second phone interview for the next day (assuming because I am located on the east coast, not easy to get me in person). Second phone interview was spent discussing my resume, but also a lot of behavioral questions. Did not contact me again for a week.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Went in for an interview on the 14th. I prepared a lot by anticipating what questions would be asked based off other reviews. I can say I hit 80% of the ones they asked. Go in with a smile and confidence and know your material. Research the company, and make sure you prepare questions to ask them. I did 4 interviews and everyone of them asked if I had any questions. Get their point of view of the company and ask them what they like about it. This will give you a better picture of whether you want to work for them or not. Personally everyone that I have researched and heard from the 4 ladies who interviewed me was right on point. It seems like a great place to work as far as I can tell and when I toured the building I didn't walk into a business that had a slave feeling atmosphere to it. People were smiling and working and just seem to be getting the job done. I have seen many complaints and I took them with a grain of salt. I suggest you do as well.

Interview Questions

• None were "difficult" to be honest. I think if you go in knowing how an interview process works and research questions that most employers ask in any given situation then you will do great.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. The offer met the average base salary and the benefits at this company are beyond what most companies will do for you anyways. I wouldn't negotiate. Just accepted the offer and I am confident that I will rise through the ranks and earn my salary in the future.

See What Fisher Investments Employees Are Saying

Current Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros: “Here are my Top 3 reasons for working at Fisher Investments: 1) Amazing benefits! Seriously, Fisher offers some of the most competitive benefits I've ever seen. The company pays all of...”“Here are my Top 3 reasons for working at Fisher Investments: 1) Amazing benefits! Seriously, Fisher offers some of the most competitive benefits I've ever seen. The company pays all of your premiums, plus offers a 50% 401(k) match. 2) As mentioned in my title, Fisher offers growth and opportunity for those that are willing to work for it. To earn your place, you have to be willing to put in long hours and demonstrate loyalty. 3) You get to work with very smart, competitive people. The environment incentivizes both personal and professional growth. Every company has their faults and Fisher is not absent of them. They are not your Bay Area start up so don't expect catered lunches and game-filled break rooms. However, they provide great training, a really competitive salary, and the opportunity to work amongst very driven people. They have high expectations of their employees so be prepared to demonstrate what you're made of. If you're the type of individual that likes to skate by or expects the world handed to you, don't bother. I actually appreciate their old school work ethic and wouldn't be where I'm at today without the structure they've provided THANK YOU FI!” – Full Review