Fisher Investments

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.7

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2010.

First had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Was then brought down to Vancouver Washington for a number of interviews over the course of one day with a recruiter, and a variety of team members which lasted about 4 hours. Lastly had another 30 minute phone interview with the team manager (would usually be in person however he recently had a kid and was staying down in Cali.) About a week after my last interview was given an offer.

Interview Questions

Location, location, location. Vancouver Washington and Camas working in and around a number of strip malls wasn't my cup of tea.

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in May 2010.

Overall great experience, I ended up not receiving a offer due to lack of experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in December 2009.

Had interview with the recruiter, head of client services and then vp. overall a great experience, interview lasted about 2hrs. very structured and organized interview. first interview was an overall generalization of your skills and experience based on your resume, second interview focused more on position as client services and third interview on personal development and personal skills

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about fisher investments?   View Answer
    • what additional information can you tell us that was not listed on your resume or previously discussed in the interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in November 2009.

Director of HR was easy to speak with and responsiveness was very quick. There was an initial phone interview followed by two 3+ hour interviews. Overall I spent about 8 hours with the interview process and was not offered a job or given any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really - As they were primarily behavioral. My primary suggestion would be to know a lot about Fisher Investments - history, current market share, expansion plans, etc. and how you, specifically, fit into their future growth plans.   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2009.

Initial recruiter called and had phone interview on the spot. Consisted of mostly situational and example questions. Set up 1:1 interview at the end of phone interview for the next day. 1:1 interview was 3 phases consisting of similar questions. First another CSA interviewed me, then team leader, then VP. Questions were tough on both sides, be prepared for them to dissect your resume and ask you exactly how much you know about the company and about why you want to work there specifically.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to come up with a creative solution that benefited fellow employees in some way.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Ken Fisher and Fisher Investments?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2009.

The interview lasted more than 3 hours, and I was brought before an individual from HR and a manager, then to the group vice president. So the entire process was fairly lengthy, but not strenuous, and the people didn't ask the absurd questions like "how many marbles can fit in a 747" or something like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2008.

Phone interview, then flew out for a series of one-on-one interviews. Was a relatively straight-forward, painless experience. They are looking for talented, well-spoken people, but are not necessarily out to grill you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2007.

Began with a phone interview. The interviewer was very easy going and asked me to come for a interview. Was my first interview, didnt get the job but it was good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest weaknesses? (mostly resume based questions)   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Phone interview was about personality, basic questions. The 3 on 1 round robin interview was about experience and situational problems. Then the hiring manager, that I met with last seemed concerned I was overqualified. I assured him I wanted to learn "from the ground up" and he liked that answer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to parlay your consulting experience into financial services?   View Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

phone call asking about salary only. Did not give any time to discuss position or qualifications