Fisher Investments

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Met a recruiter at my big state U's career fair. We had a brief conversation. I gave him my resume and got a call back about two weeks later. Recruiter was pleasant and cordial and seemed smart, but a bit vague. Halfway through it turned into me interviewing him. While that's usually a good thing, and it did get me to the next round, I wasn't excited by what the company was doing or wanted from me.

Interview Questions
  • "Am I doing a good job of interviewing you?"   View Answer

Wasn't the right fit for my work habits or intellectual interests.

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

I applied online and received a phone call from HR to schedule a phone interview. The individual who interviewed me was very friendly and made the call much more conversational rather than question based. It was focused on behavioral and character traits.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions where character and behavioral based. They did ask why you are interested in Fisher Investments (but that is an obvious question).   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Met with them at my university's career showcase. Got scheduled for an in person interview for the following week. Campus recruiting, on campus interviews. Very conversational, they mostly ask personal questions relating to your resume. Their internship is highly selective since they cap it to 30-40 interns and hire 1-2 students from each university.

Interview Questions
    • Not many, they just want to know who you are and what you're passionate about   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Mostly questions you would expect in any interview. To give you a heads up they asked what I knew about the company which I had a list of in front of me for the phone interview just in case they asked me that question but didn't bother going over things that I thought would sound cliche thinking he's probably heard it hundreds of times now so I kept it to the successes and bigger clientele and listed a least the 15 different things that I noted "important" but the interviewer I guess wanted me to give him the start to finish cause he went over the things I just passed off in my notes afterwards.

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2014.

I received a phone call a few days after applying online. The recruiter wanted to set up a phone interview, but could not schedule anything within 3 weeks. The phone interview was relatively basic and mostly was interested in employment/ experience and knowledge on the background on FI. There was time allotted for questions at the end, and it is very important to have prepared 5-7 things to ask the recruiter. They try to make the job sound difficult to the point of almost turning you off to it, so it's pretty important to continues to stay enthused for the position. Overall, it's a pretty painless interview but adequate preparation is key.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2014.

The process took 1.5 months. I came into contact with a recruiter at mt college career fair and scheduled an interview for the next morning. I received an invitation to go to an on site interview in the company's Camas, WA location two weeks after the initial interview. I spent two nights in Washington where I interviewed with three managers, toured the office, and was taken on a private bus tour of nearby Portland, Oregon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in May 2014.

In early April I was contacted for an initial phone interview. I was later contacted that I would be flown out to Camas, WA for Campus Bring Back Day. The whole process took roughly 4 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in April 2014.

xwent through 7 interviews, 4 phone, 3 in person, could do this job blindfolded, didn't get an offer, have significant brokerage experience, trading, management etc. Cannot imagine why i didn't get an offer, was positive in all aspects

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2014.

The process took 3+ months from when I originally met them at a campus career fair in January. From there, I had a one on one meeting with a recruiter, which was an easy conversation, basic behavior questions, then had a phone conversation with a recruiter, which was slightly more involved. The questions he asked were behavior but also, tell me about a time when....or how have you challenged yourself...etc.

After that, I was invited to their 2nd round interview in Camas Washington. They fly you up, put you in a nice hotel, take care of you. The interviews are 4, 45 minute individual interviews. You are usually pretty dead by the end of the whole thing. I had a really positive time and enjoyed all the people I had conversations with. They also give you a presentation about their benefits and the company philosophy.

Afterwards they take you out on a bus tour of Portland, and out to dinner and drinks. All very nice.

I made the mistake of telling them I had another job offer that I needed to respond to. I got a phone call, the weekend after I got back, telling me that because I had an outstanding offer with another company, they decided not to move forward. Frankly, I was hugely insulted.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that your close friends would say is a negative attribute about you and how would you explain it otherwise.   View Answer

Client Services Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2014.

Easy initial interview with recruiter in my area, very basic behavioral questions. Then they flew me out to their office in Washington State for follow up. Again, basic and nothing unexpected. All interview questions were already posted here. I actually liked the company and the culture, but after interviewing there was radio silence for 3 days. I had another offer expiring, which they were aware of and still didnt respond to calls or emails. They made me an offer less than 4 hours before expiration of my other opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out, most behavioral: how would you deal with difficult management, etc.   Answer Question

Salary substantially below market value.