Fisher Investments

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.8

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

I met them at our on campus recruiting event and had an interview shortly after that. We basically went through my resume and I was able to talk about my self. Then went to an on site interview. Had 4 back to back 45 minute long interviews. Same kind of thing, they let me talk about myself and my resume, they asked some behavioral questions. Then had a phone interview with a team leader where we went over what the job would entail along with another chance to talk about myself. Process took 3-4 weeks but was overall good.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Applied through LinkedIn, received a call 2-3 weeks later to invite for a phone interview. Received a rejection e-mail about 3-4 weeks after the interview.

Interviewer was quite rude. He downplayed my experiences in an inappropriate way. I knew halfway through the phone interview that I wasn't going to move forward in the process and was very turned off. I have experienced interviews gone bad but this was easily the worst experience I have had.

I was interviewing for more than one position so it was difficult to assess which skills to focus on during my preparation. I asked which role my resume spoke to the most and this question was dismissed since that "was the point of the interview in the first place."

Interview Questions
    • What makes you interested in Sales?
      Why do you want to work for Fisher?
      Tell me about a time you failed.
      Tell me about a time you struggled with the task at hand.

View Answer

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Applied through their website and heard back from a recruiter within a couple weeks to set up a phone interview. After this phone interview I received a call the next week to set up another interview. This, too, was a phone interview and once again the interviewer was very clear and friendly with their questions. Overall, it was an easy process and they were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be willing to leave your current field for one in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

There was a phone screening, then a more formal interview with HR, then another interview with bosses, and then an in person interview. For a company that specializes in client service, they left a lot to be desired when it came to communication and returning messages. They were also not very consistent.

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied the position online. Three days later, one hr person called me back, asked me some basic questions, such as my education background, and then scheduled an phone interview in three weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest challenge in your former internship experience?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Met a recruiter at my big state U's career fair. We had a brief conversation. I gave him my resume and got a call back about two weeks later. Recruiter was pleasant and cordial and seemed smart, but a bit vague. Halfway through it turned into me interviewing him. While that's usually a good thing, and it did get me to the next round, I wasn't excited by what the company was doing or wanted from me.

Interview Questions
    • "Am I doing a good job of interviewing you?"   View Answer

Wasn't the right fit for my work habits or intellectual interests.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

received a phone call to set up phone interview soon after application. phone interview then a second interview in person. and then a final phone interview. lots of waiting time in-between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • nothing extraordinarily tough. mainly behavioral questions   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

I received a phone call to set up an interview for a week later. The day of the interview, I received another phone call that we needed to reschedule the interview. So after two weeks of the initial phone call, I finally had my first round of interviews. Questions were very straight forward for the most part.

Summer Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interviews are relatively informal. Don't expect any technical questions. I had 2 phone interviews that lasted aprox 30-45 minutes. A lot of "walk me through your resume" type questions.

Be prepared to speak to your strengths and weaknesses, tell stories of time you were a leader yada yada yada.

The internship was great. They provided a lot of training and classes on the industry. The girls in recruiting are without a doubt some of the biggest rockstars at the firm.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments in December 2014.

I applied through an employee referral and then was scheduled for a phone interview within the same week. I am waiting to hear back from Fisher Investments, and if they decide to select me as a candidate I will be flown to Camas