Fisher Investments

Getting the Interview

182 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter on campus during an information session. I kept in touch and applied for the position and I received a call to schedule an interview. The first phone interview went well and another was scheduled about a week later. I never ended up getting the call so I called back and it turned out to be an error on their part so they scheduled another. This happened again and when I finally did get the second phone interview, it was around a month after the first. The second interview didn't go as well as the first one did and I ended up not getting the job.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Fisher Investments

Interview Details – Phone interview took about 30 minutes. HR person was very nice and asked me common interview questions like tell me about your last job. Nothing complicated. That was followed by personal one on one interview. I was asked questions related to the job position I applied for. They asked me also what I know about the company. Still waiting for a call back.

Camas, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Applied online through the Fisher web portal. Had a follow up call to discuss basic information and schedule an interview. 1st phone interview was roughly a half hour. 2nd phone interview was 30-45min. Follow up call asking me to come on sight to check out the area and meet with hiring managers. Group of 10 students from top schools across the country were all interviewing individually that day. 4 one-on-one interviews that are unpredictable in style. Flew home - another phone interview and then an offer.

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions. They aren't looking to trip you up but you should be well prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Camas, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – I applied Mid-Feburary through LinkedIn and didn't hear back from the company until Mid-March. I was then scheduled for a phone interview a week later. The interview went very well. He went through the basics of my resume and asked me to elaborate on the positions. The rest of the questions were behavioral. Nothing was unexpected as what you find on here. I was told I would here back in a week to a week and a half. I heard back six days later and was set up with a flight and a car to come interview at their Portland office.

Interview Question – What does your GPA say about you?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from a recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview asked somewhat basic questions. I felt lie the interview went well but didn't get a second interview. If you want to move on in the process you really have to wow them in the phone interview.

Interview Question – Describe what you think of when you hear the word innovation.   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

Camas, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter about 2 months ago for a position with Fisher in the San Francisco area. Thought it would be cool since it's warm and that's a great area. After a couple of phone interviews, I was invited to interview in the Camas, WA headquarters. Was booked roundtrip to stay at the Marriott outside of Portland and given a rental car. The area is up and coming with some tech companies moving to Washington for tax reasons, etc and the weather is of course rainy. The area where the office is located is basically a mixture of open farmland and newer developments.

On the day of the interviews I thought I was well prepared after reading a plethora of interview questions on glassdoor and elsewhere. I met with three people; two who would potentially be my manager and at the end a guy who apparently was their manager. The first two interviewers asked me a lot of preplanned questions going through my resume and work history, etc then going into some deeper questions about the position and location. There was some role playing, questions about the market, and personal questions. Each interview was about an hour and there was nothing too atypical. The interviews got progressively more difficult, and the last interviewer was a little standoffish. This interview was less than a half hour and he didn't even give me his card. I asked a lot of questions about their marketing campaign, retaining clients, compensation structure, the location(s), and upward mobility within the company. Then I asked a question about Ken's exit strategy (planning for his retirement) since he's close to 65. The short answer was that Ken only planned to slow down and not actually retire, but I got the feeling like I crossed an imaginary line somehow when I mentioned that this answer contradicted what a recruiter had told me over the phone ("WHO WAS THAT"--wonder where his head is buried now).

From what I gather this is basically a formally structured, "drink the kool-aid" type financial services company that utilizes a single equity focused investment strategy primarily marketed to retirees. This may or may not be appropriate as most competing firms advise retirees to invest up to half of their overall portfolio (or more) in fixed income and income focused alternatives in the event of a 2008 style market downturn. So I guess basically your success in this job--a customer service/client retention focused position--would revolve mostly around avoiding market volatility and hoping for a bull market since the management of client's portfolios is basically out of your control (managed by an investment committee) and it's simply your job to relay that focus to the client. Essentially I think what they are looking for in this position is someone who is high touch and friendly/happy/upbeat enough over the phone to overcome the negative response to a potentially inappropriate client portfolio makeup.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at something   Answer Question
  • Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question
  • Role play: How will the current world events affect my portfolio and should I sell out due to market volatility   Answer Question

Summer Investment Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applies through my university's job searching website. I had two phone interviews with a recruiter from Fisher Investments. The phone interviews went well, but after the second interview the representatives at Fisher did not reply to my follow-up email. After emailing them again the representative informed me that I would not be hired at that time.

Interview Question – Questions were asked directly from my resume. A question I was asked is "what is a challenge you have faced, and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Regional Sales Associate Interview

Camas, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my university job database, had 2 phone interviews, then they flew me out to interview on campus. This was a negative experience because after taking time off work, flying across the country, going through 4 interviews in 1 day, and then not getting an offer they wouldn't give me any feedback on where I went wrong. An honest few sentences about where I fell short would have been a nice courtesy after I put all that time and effort into interviewing. Yes, I am a little bitter because I was passed up for an offer but before that happened, my initial impression of most of the people who interviewed me was that they didn't seem like the brightest crayons in the box. One of the managers actually told me that she doesn't pay any attention to the stock market. At another point I asked a technical question about something Ken Fisher said and the interviewer obviously didn't know the answer and bluffed.

Interview Question – Tell me about a failure   View Answer

Camas, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was flown out to interview for the position. Flown out the day before and left the day after. Interviewed with a few different departments, very nice community and people.

Interview Question – What trait do you need to work on?   Answer Question

Business Information Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Fisher Investments

Interview Details – First round, interviewed by HR. Nothing special: why you choose this major; what do you know about this position; Relate your experience at past jobs to your potential role at Fisher

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fisher Investments

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fisher Investments Videos

Fisher Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fisher Investments is not your typical financial services company. We consider ourselves industry pioneers and pride ourselves in our specialized business model and innovative approach. We believe this creates value for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fisher Investments interview questions and advice. All 182 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fisher Investments employees and interview candidates.