Fisher Investments Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.7

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Regular interview process- phone, then in person interview, full background check. It's good to know what we should expect for first few months. Get to know the dept personnel and management.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The application process was very straight forward. I was referred by a friend and called 2 days later to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted roughly 40 minutes with standard fit interview questions. Interviewer was very polite and said I would be contacted within 7 days. I am currently about to undertake my second phone interview so will post the remainder of my experience after!

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments in July 2015.

Interview

HR first emailed and then called to set up a time for a phone interview with another recruiter. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were pretty general about my background, interests, aspirations, and what I knew about the company. Overall, I would say the interview was not difficult. The recruiter was very nice on the phone, and I felt relaxed during the interview. At this point I am waiting to move forward with the interviewing process.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments (Vancouver, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an initial email followed by a very brief phone conversation from someone located in California, the position was for an office located in Washington. The phone call was very brief, the questions were very vague. This particular company has had the same position posted online for over a month. It is an entry level position, it seems to me that this position should not be a difficult one to fill. The hiring process of this company is very impersonal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Did a phone interview that took about a half hour, pretty much went over my resume. After that I was invited to the Vancouver campus for an interview with three different hiring managers. Pretty conversational, and overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call from the recruiter and was scheduled a phone interview the next day. Got a email after a week stating they decided to move forward with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why Fisher investments? Why this particular position?   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume by an employee referral and got a call 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. After my first phone interview I got a call back and hour later to set up another phone interview the next day with another recruiter. A week later got a phone call to set up an onsite interview. At the onsite I was greeted by an employee who gave me a tour around the building before taking me to the interview floor where I waited for my interviews to begin. I first interviewed with a manger in the Client Service department, then interviewed with Sales Operations, and finally an Account Executive Team Lead. After the onsite interview I got a call back the same day from recruiting to follow up on what positions I was interested in the most and what I thought of the visit. I was told I would hear back in a week. In the meantime I got emails and links to fill out a background check and waited over a week and heard nothing back. After a week and a half had passed I emailed recruiting to follow up on my status and the next day got a call back saying they were still interested and wanted to set up a final phone interview with the Group Vice President. Immediately after the phone interview I was offered the job by the GVP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate. I tried but was told that at entry level everyone goes in with the same expectations and salary pay. However depending on your performance you do get bonuses twice a year, that could be up to 20% of your salary.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter less than a week later. She was very charming and easy to talk to and before I knew it I was being flown out two weeks later for an in person interview. I interviewed at their Camas offices, each taking roughly 30 minutes (two in total). The last step of the process is a phone call with a hiring manager that I'm waiting for as we speak. I'll update this with whether I receive an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational questions, some involving your past work experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments in May 2015.

Interview

I had a very positive interview experience! The recruiter was very enthusiastic. He told me about the three branches of the company (I believe it was Sales, Data, and Operations) and asked which one I would fit best in. I learned a bit more about what Fisher Investments does and what the office environments are like.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of being meet in the lobby and then being provided a tour of the facility and the working location to get a 'real-time" view of the work environment.