Fisher Investments

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

30 minute conversational style interview in person with a recruiter. It was a very relaxed environment. After the in person character test and resume check another 30 minute phone interview was scheduled with someone on thier hiring team. Still in the process so hopefully the phone interview goes smoothly like the face-to-face interview.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Phone interviews. Basic questions and no surprises. Very nice interviewers and normal conversations. They also called very on time and the whole process was smooth. I don't think I did well on my second one because there wasn't as much synergy comaparing to my first one. So I don't think I got into the next round, but still a pleasnt experience overall.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Process was fairly easy. Met with 4 different employees from 4 different departments ranging in different ages. Whole process lasted about 2 hours. Most all candidates are trying to get to know who you are, what you like and are interested in working in.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest fear? What is a time you overcame a challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

Applied on LinkedIn. The process took 1-2 weeks to be contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview for the following week.

The phone interview is 20-30 minutes. The recruiter asks behavioral questions and questions related to your resume.

Although the job description on LinkedIn is vague, this position has different roles such as data analytics, dealing with clients, etc...

The recruiter is a very friendly person, no need to be nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Why this position, why FI, what do you know about this company(currently managing $60B). What weakness, what projects have you completed, does your GPA represent you and other similar questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

On campus recruiter. 30 minute behavioral interview on campus followed by 30 minute phone interview with recruiter from portland office. The interview was very laid back and conversational. Had the opportunity to ask questions on what makes fisher so special compared to other investment companies. The interviewer was very easy to converse with.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a challenge you faced in the workforce and how did you get through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

I received a call and they scheduled a phone interview with the HR representative. In two weeks I started to work and plan for potential interview questions. I searched online and hopefully it will go very well. The interview is in two day and hopefully I will succeed,

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

Phone interviews.
    Basic questions and only one surprise.
    Very nice interviewers on the phone and normal conversations.
    Very smooth process.
    The phone interview is 20-30 minutes.
    The recruiter asks behavioral questions and questions related to your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What is it like working at your current job.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Camous recruiting. First round on campus, second one over phone, third one they would fly you out to Portland to interview if selected. Second interview over the phone with someone in Washington was almost identical to the 1 on 1 interview. If they fly you out they probably will give you an offer if you can pass the panel sort of phase in Portland.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked in sales before? Most questions were basic and not too complicated. A lot of questions surrounding ability to be on phones and interest in working in that type of setting. Be sure you're confident in your willingness to move to the west coast if selected. Second interview (phone) was very similar to first except a little shorter.   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

I went through 3 phone interviews with Fisher, starting with a general HR recruiter, then progressing to an Investment Counselor recruiter, and finally interviewing with an Investment Counselor Manager (hiring manager). After the 3rd interview, Fisher contacted me to complete a formal, online application (including regulatory questions, personal profile info like SSN & birthdate, and 3 industry-specific references). My contact told me the next step would be for him to circulate my file to several hiring managers, and then if selected for further steps, they'd bring me in for an in-person panel interview. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected at this time. I felt good about my interviews, but knew I would be in competition with others. The most frustrating part of this process is they told me the company's policy was not to say anything about the reason why I wasn't selected. No feedback at all.

Interview Questions
    • The 2nd and 3rd interviewers wanted to talk with me about the economy, markets, etc. This was actually the route I was hoping they'd go, as I wanted an opportunity to demonstrate my conversational style of talking about investments, i.e., the way I would talk with a Fisher client as an Investment Counselor.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

got a call from the first lady as an initial screening. I was asked basic questions about myself. A week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with a manager. He asked a lot more about my resume, to explain all my internships and activities, why I wanted to have this position, why I like the company, my biggest failure...