Fisher Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Typical phone interview. Basically went over my background according to my resume. Asked some questions about my work history and how they might apply to the job position. The recruiter told me that if it went well they would fly me to Portland to see the headquarters in Camas, WA. He left ten minutes for me to ask questions which I had prepared before hand. I asked about 8 or 9 before the 30 minute time period was coming to an end. Overall it went pretty well for me. I am still waiting back to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important skill you have learned while at your previous work history?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I put in an application and was contacted about a month later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well. Just a bunch of general questions about college and personality. I was told that I would hear back. About a week later, I had another phone interview. This is what got me. The person I talked to for the second phone interview made it seem like I would be contacted to set up an in-person interview. I got a phone call three days later saying that I wasn't moving on in the process.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was unprepared for the interview however, I noticed that the interviewer was highly interested in how I was a competitive person. I got a call back and tomorrow will be going in for an in person interview. I have been told by advisers that Fisher Investments is highly competitive and look for that in their potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• How how you maintained your current GPA?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Regular interview process- phone, then in person interview, full background check. It's good to know what we should expect for first few months. Get to know the dept personnel and management.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and had my resume submitted to recruiting via an employee referal which I believe expedited the entire process. I had a brief phone interview with a recruiter regarding salary, why I was looking for a job, etc. Since the time I applied to the interview recently (still waiting to hear back) it has been two weeks approximately. After my interview, I received a background/credit request the following day. I then came to HQ for an interview that consisted of three back-to-back interviews (approximately 3 hours) with what would be my hiring manager, a colleague, and a VP. Before the interview, I was given a tour of the buildings and a rundown on day-to day operations. The interviews weren't necessarily difficult in the sense that the questions were, but the fact that it was back-to-back was difficult. I can appreciate a company that puts so much effort into making sure somebody is a good fit culturally speaking and even if I don't get the job, I can honestly say it was a great experience and I appreciated the opportunity. I really enjoyed the interviewers and their enthusiasm. *Updated - received offer*

Interview Questions

• One interviewer listed off "tell me about a time..." kind of questions from a piece of paper. Another interviewer asked me more technical things in regards to the position and I felt another interviewer was looking for more a cultural fit - asked me to share stories and give a rundown on my career history thus far.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The application process was very straight forward. I was referred by a friend and called 2 days later to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted roughly 40 minutes with standard fit interview questions. Interviewer was very polite and said I would be contacted within 7 days. I am currently about to undertake my second phone interview so will post the remainder of my experience after!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was a bit tougher than what I've experienced. The interviewer built a lot of the following questions based on what was previously said, or based it off your resume and worked up from there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience. What skills did you attain from this position and how will it help you with this position? What previous financial experience did you have?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (Vancouver, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an initial email followed by a very brief phone conversation from someone located in California, the position was for an office located in Washington. The phone call was very brief, the questions were very vague. This particular company has had the same position posted online for over a month. It is an entry level position, it seems to me that this position should not be a difficult one to fill. The hiring process of this company is very impersonal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fisher Investments in July 2015.

Interview

HR first emailed and then called to set up a time for a phone interview with another recruiter. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were pretty general about my background, interests, aspirations, and what I knew about the company. Overall, I would say the interview was not difficult. The recruiter was very nice on the phone, and I felt relaxed during the interview. At this point I am waiting to move forward with the interviewing process.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A long process but they really take the time to get to know you to make sure that you are a good fit for the company which gives you the opportunity to realize if you are a good fit for them. They want to get to know your experience with leadership as well as how you deal with conflict in the work place