Fisher Investments

2.8

Summer Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Met with some HR people at a career fair at the University of South Carolina. They knew one of my friends that had interned at the company the prior summer so after talking with them for several minutes I was offered an interview. We then met the following day and talked for about a half hour with questions mostly behavioral or about my resume. Definitely a good company and a unique perspective for the finance industry being out on the west coast.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

pretty basic behavioral question. Tell me about yourself, tell me your background, walk me through your resume.
    The position is similar to a sales position, it is not a good match for me, not much of analytical skills needed.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. just very basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Ordinary process, with a few questions about your actions in certain scenarios. Applied through my school's careers website and sent them an email with my resume. They emailed back and flew me out to Portland. They paid for flight and hotel and rental car. I went to tour the scenery before my interview on my own in the rental car.

Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Was contacted by an FI recruiter through Linkedin a few months after graduating college
    Did a phone interview with the recruiter and expressed that I was interested in a job at FI
    Did a second phone interview with my would-be manager, took around 30 min, had a basic introduction to the company and a chat about my experience and the role
    Did my onsite interview after that. First step was a tour of the building, then three 45 min interviews with my would-be managers and team members. Different personalities and interview styles but overall I felt treated well and I was given plenty of opportunities to ask questions. The interview was a long one though.
    Was contacted the next week with a job offer.
    I tried to negotiate but was informed salaries were non-negotiable. Was offered $45,000. It seems decent but employees work 10hr weeks. All in all, without over time, hourly is around $15.50/hr. Not that great but there seemed to be a lot of growth potential and good benefits.

I took the offer and after my first week I am noticing that at the firm the longer you stay the more you make, regardless of what role it actually is because everyone moves around so much. Seniority matters.

Non negotiable.

Account Executive - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

First off, I received a phone call from a recruiter. We spoke for roughly 25 minutes. About a week later, I received an email from the same recruiter letting me know that they wanted me to come in. For the in-person interview, I first interviewed with the recruiter for about thirty minutes. After that, I sat with two AE Team Leader's (back to back) for about forty minutes each. Lastly, I sat with the AE Group Vice President for about forty-five minutes. The three interviews after sitting with the recruiter were pretty standard. In my opinion, it was more of an attempt to figure out if you can be personable, while carrying a conversation. I've heard that my interview was actually different from others moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to go through my resume and briefly explain what I did, and give a time where I faced some adversity.   Answer Question
    Low base, but commissions can easily make up for it. If you like sales, you very could like this position.

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

I applied online and received a phone call from HR to schedule a phone interview. The individual who interviewed me was very friendly and made the call much more conversational rather than question based. It was focused on behavioral and character traits.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions where character and behavioral based. They did ask why you are interested in Fisher Investments (but that is an obvious question).   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

1st step is either a 30min face to face interview or phone interview. After that you are flown out to do 2nd round interviews and an office visit. The day of the office visit you have three interviews, meet other associates and wrap up the day with a dinner with senior level management.

Interview Questions
    • What interested you in Fisher investments incomparison to other investment firms   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Met with them at my university's career showcase. Got scheduled for an in person interview for the following week. Campus recruiting, on campus interviews. Very conversational, they mostly ask personal questions relating to your resume. Their internship is highly selective since they cap it to 30-40 interns and hire 1-2 students from each university.

Interview Questions
    • Not many, they just want to know who you are and what you're passionate about   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Applied through a campus event, was contacted a week later to set up a phone interview. I was told upon completing the interview that I would hear back in 5-7 business days whether or not I would go further in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging time that you faced during your education and/or experience.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

phone interview then once you pass that multiple personal interviews with different managers who are screening you as to whether you fit the position they are looking for. different managers are looking for different skills and different attitudes. they seek employees with a "will-do" attitude and not much experience with other companies for associate levels. however, they will go far and beyond for sales people.

Interview Questions
    • none that you could not answer if you really think about the question and answer it   Answer Question
    confusing