Fisher Investments

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.8

Investment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

I went through 3 phone interviews with Fisher, starting with a general HR recruiter, then progressing to an Investment Counselor recruiter, and finally interviewing with an Investment Counselor Manager (hiring manager). After the 3rd interview, Fisher contacted me to complete a formal, online application (including regulatory questions, personal profile info like SSN & birthdate, and 3 industry-specific references). My contact told me the next step would be for him to circulate my file to several hiring managers, and then if selected for further steps, they'd bring me in for an in-person panel interview. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected at this time. I felt good about my interviews, but knew I would be in competition with others. The most frustrating part of this process is they told me the company's policy was not to say anything about the reason why I wasn't selected. No feedback at all.

Interview Questions
    • The 2nd and 3rd interviewers wanted to talk with me about the economy, markets, etc. This was actually the route I was hoping they'd go, as I wanted an opportunity to demonstrate my conversational style of talking about investments, i.e., the way I would talk with a Fisher client as an Investment Counselor.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

got a call from the first lady as an initial screening. I was asked basic questions about myself. A week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with a manager. He asked a lot more about my resume, to explain all my internships and activities, why I wanted to have this position, why I like the company, my biggest failure...

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

I applied online, received a phone call to set up an initial phone interview with a recruiter. I made to the second round, which was a second phone interview with another recruiter. After the interview, the recruiter asked me to fill out an application with personal info, employment background, and credit info.

Interview Questions
    • I asked was series of behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Why wealth management? Why investment company?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

They called me few days after I applied online and schedule the first interview in the next two weeks. I am still waiting to hear back from them next week. The interviewer seemed nice, but for some reasons she talked really soft and I could not hear her well. I guess it was because of the signal there I because mine was pretty good.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult thing you experienced in such position? What did you learn the most about the job? But most of the questions are pretty basic. Mostly they asked about your previous job.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and received a call in a week to set up phone interview. Interview was conversational, and was mainly targeted towards points on my resume. It was a 30 min phone interview and mostly straight forward.

Junior Business Information Analyst Interview

Questions were pretty straightfoward. Make sure to do some research on the company beforehand. They asked you about the company, about some difficulty you had and what you did to overcome it, etc.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Was called for an in phone interview where they asked me questions about my previous experience and about what I expect of the company. The person was very nice and seemed generally easy to talk to. They also asked me what I knew about Fisher Investments and what I felt like I could contribute to the company.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

I applied through my university career fair and the representatives they sent were very nice. The recruiters were very good about answering any and all questions that I had and got back with me about the second interview phase very quickly. I flew out to Portland for 3 days for interviews (I met with 3 different managers) and they took us on a tour of the area and to dinner. The interviews themselves weren't terrible and the hiring managers were great about explaining each position you're interviewing for (I ended up liking the description for investment operations more so than the account executive).

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions about strengths and weaknesses and personality traits.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation phase but I was comfortable with offer regardless

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Got offered an on campus interview. It was about 30 minutes, with multiple questions. Most questions focused around my resume, so know your resume very well. Asked for specific examples from what was stated on my resume. Generally an average professional interview.

Intern Interview

Phone Interview, took about a couple weeks to hear back. In person interview to follow but did not receive call back. The recruiter was very nice but very structured interview.