Fisher Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.8

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2014.

Received a call from the HR department which scheduled me at a later date for another phone interview. The questions posted on this site helped for the phone interview, so study them well and there should be no surprises. Mostly behavior questions.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Initially I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. Then, I had a phone interview for the account executive position. I let them know that I was not necessarily looking for a sales job, at which point the recruiter said he would talk to some of the other hiring managers to see if they would be interested in speaking with me.

About a week later, they called back and said they wanted to fly me out to the Camas, WA office for in person interviews. They paid for my hotel, flight and rental car and reimbursed me for all my food. I went into the office at 8:00 AM to start my interviews. They gave me a tour of the office and then I had 5 back-to-back interviews with different hiring managers. They were just your typical interviews. Mostly behavioral questions and talking about your resume. Lots of good opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? And your second biggest?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fisher Investments in August 2014.

I heard back about one week after initial application to set up phone interview a few days later. Was called by recruiter at agreed time and went through the motions. mainly behavior questions (why I want to work Fisher etc? strengths etc?) As went on figured it wasn't really going to be the job for me or the company. Asking whether prepared to move to Washington, but was reluctant. Lasted 30 mins. Found a few days later they didn't want to pursue with me. Feeling was mutual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2014.

Process took about 4 weeks, phone interviews for first 3. They mostly ask you behavioral stuff. If you can explain your resume well that's half the battle. The interviews are fairly long but relaxed, prepare for forty five minutes at least.

The move

Junior Clients Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Had a phone interview with a couple members of their team, it was very straight forward and basic. I then had an onsite interview once again it was very straight forward it had typical questions you would expect in an interview.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fisher Investments in September 2014.

Fisher is very quick to get back to you. I applied online and they called me back within two days. The first lady will ask a couple questions to weed out applicants like: 1. What do you know about Fisher? 2. Why did you apply to Fisher? 3. Who do you know at Fisher? Next you'll get a call (mine the same day) with a mid-level "recruiter" who will paint a bleak picture of what the work will be like. I have 4 friends that work at Fisher, so I already knew what I was getting in to, but my recruiter over exaggerated how hard it would be, how many calls you'll get etc. They do this to scare away applicants. You get through that, they'll schedule another phone interview with an upper level recruiter. (next day for me) He was a straight shooter and cut to the chase. They'll go over your resume and touch of specific details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Three-rounds of interview. Last interview was an on-site, they fly you out and put up in a hotel. 4 30-min in person interviews and a bus tour and dinner in Portland.

Interview Questions
    • A husband and wife have their name on a portfolio with Fisher. The husband wants to remove one of the stocks in the portfolio, and it must be done in a time-sensitive manner. What do you do?   Answer Question

IT Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Camas, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments in August 2014.

The process went rather quick. Phone call with human resources, phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with service desk manager then was called in a week later for an in-person interview. I got my first interview with some VP. It was explained to me that for the first 6-8 months, all i would be doing is replacing mice and keyboards. Then, I was quickly amazed at the amount of random questions that had nothing to do with the position. For example, if i cant even touch Active Directory, why even ask me questions about it? For IT professionals, this is not a good choice unless you are very very desperate for a job. I was not very impressed.

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Camas, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fisher Investments in August 2014.

Applied online, and at the moment have only had a phone interview. I'm still waiting to hear back. The process is typical for most jobs. Apply online, get a phone interview, have a face-to-face interview, wait for call back.

Interview Questions
    • Initial phone interview covered my resume and general background questions. Most difficult, was why Fisher Investments.   View Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

First there was a phone interview with someone from HR, a recruiter, standard walk me through your resume, I didn't remember applying to the job! Then there was a second phone interview with a manager in the department, standard tell me about your background questions, asked about what I ultimately wanted to do, why I was interested in my field of focus, what made me a unique applicant, and why they should consider me over others.
    Then there was an on-site interview, they helped arrange travel which was nice. At the on-site i met with several people, they didn't let me know in advance how many sessions I would be attending so I was there several hours and starving. I would have planned differently had I known. At the on-site they were all very pleasant. More standard, why you questions, more depth into specific background experiences. At no point in the interview did they mention their 50hr work week requirements, I had to learn that from reviews of the company and confirmed it with the person who gave me a tour of the office. The office itself is falling apart and old, looks like it was designed in the 80's. They favor an open office environment so there is absolutely no privacy or peace and quiet.
    After the on-site there was another phone interview where I was put through the wringer. Lots of tough questions about my professional style.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most creative thing you have done and what is the most innovative thing you have done? Give me real world examples. What did you like least about your last manager?   Answer Question
    Not really room for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!