Fisher Investments Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

IT Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Camas, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments in August 2014.

The process went rather quick. Phone call with human resources, phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with service desk manager then was called in a week later for an in-person interview. I got my first interview with some VP. It was explained to me that for the first 6-8 months, all i would be doing is replacing mice and keyboards. Then, I was quickly amazed at the amount of random questions that had nothing to do with the position. For example, if i cant even touch Active Directory, why even ask me questions about it? For IT professionals, this is not a good choice unless you are very very desperate for a job. I was not very impressed.

Anonymous Employee  in  Camas, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fisher Investments in August 2014.

Applied online, and at the moment have only had a phone interview. I'm still waiting to hear back. The process is typical for most jobs. Apply online, get a phone interview, have a face-to-face interview, wait for call back.

Interview Questions
    • Initial phone interview covered my resume and general background questions. Most difficult, was why Fisher Investments.   View Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

First there was a phone interview with someone from HR, a recruiter, standard walk me through your resume, I didn't remember applying to the job! Then there was a second phone interview with a manager in the department, standard tell me about your background questions, asked about what I ultimately wanted to do, why I was interested in my field of focus, what made me a unique applicant, and why they should consider me over others.
    Then there was an on-site interview, they helped arrange travel which was nice. At the on-site i met with several people, they didn't let me know in advance how many sessions I would be attending so I was there several hours and starving. I would have planned differently had I known. At the on-site they were all very pleasant. More standard, why you questions, more depth into specific background experiences. At no point in the interview did they mention their 50hr work week requirements, I had to learn that from reviews of the company and confirmed it with the person who gave me a tour of the office. The office itself is falling apart and old, looks like it was designed in the 80's. They favor an open office environment so there is absolutely no privacy or peace and quiet.
    After the on-site there was another phone interview where I was put through the wringer. Lots of tough questions about my professional style.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most creative thing you have done and what is the most innovative thing you have done? Give me real world examples. What did you like least about your last manager?   Answer Question
    Not really room for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Investment Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

5 months of interviews in various departments. I was flown out for interviews but apparently some of the VPs I was supposed to meet with were not available so my interviews continued over the phone. HR was always extremely helpful, however it was far too long of an interview process. I certainly didn't appreciate being strung along for that amount of time.

The questions were never difficult, just behavioral.

Investment Counselor Interview

All three interviews were done over the phone. Questions ranged from anything pertaining to the markets to the more standard question such as what is your biggest fear. Make sure you are up on what is going on in the markets and how it could hurt or help FI. Overall, the the interview process was very well done and to the point.

Accounting Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments in July 2014.

I applied online and then had a few phone call interviews with different recruiters before being flown out to FI in the Portland area. There I met with 4 different hiring managers for the finance department in succession. Upon returning home I was requested my release for a back ground check. 3 weeks later a VP of the finance division called me and after that talk I was offered a position.

IT Service Desk Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

I was initially contacted by someone in the Human Capital department in order to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview went very smoothly and the recruiter was very amicable. After roughly 45 minutes (25-30 minute interview, ~15 minutes of me asking questions) he asked to set me up with a secondary phone interview the next day with the hiring manager. The second interview, while i felt it also went smoothly, was less enjoyable. The hiring manager in question seemed far less personable and a tad on the grumpy side. There were no different questions on the second interview than there was on the first.

One week later I was contacted by the recruiter I had spoken with and he informed me that, unfortunately, the hiring manager decided not to move forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • After looking through all the questions listed here in other reviews, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Just read through the existing reviews and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview and then a phone call followed by a few days of training when hired. This was to learn the culture and history of the firm. Be positive and outgoing and eager to learn and that should be enough.

Able to negotiate

Junior Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2014.

1st Week applied for Junior Associate position.
    2nd Week was called and scheduled a phone interview. Questions were general such as how did you find out about the job and what are your past experiences etc.
    3rd Week, callback for a scheduled on-site interview.
    4th Week, Interview at company with two managers simultaneously. Questions required more in depth answers.
    5th-6th Week, company delivers answer if hired or not

Interview Questions
    • How would you carry on your job say if you spent half your day on the phone with client that either don't pick up the phones are just choose to hang up on you? (Motivation answer)   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

It is very easy to get a call from fisher investments. I only clicked the "apply" button on LinkedIn. I received a call from them the next day. They need people at the Camas office badly. The job descripton was vague enough for me to apply. This is a SALES position. This position will suit you if you really enjoy sales. They expect you to make about 200 phone calls a day. It was very clear to Fisher and I that this job isn't suited for my skill set (Financial Advisory).

Interview Questions

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!