Fisher Investments Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.7

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Did a phone interview that took about a half hour, pretty much went over my resume. After that I was invited to the Vancouver campus for an interview with three different hiring managers. Pretty conversational, and overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call from the recruiter and was scheduled a phone interview the next day. Got a email after a week stating they decided to move forward with someone else.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter less than a week later. She was very charming and easy to talk to and before I knew it I was being flown out two weeks later for an in person interview. I interviewed at their Camas offices, each taking roughly 30 minutes (two in total). The last step of the process is a phone call with a hiring manager that I'm waiting for as we speak. I'll update this with whether I receive an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational questions, some involving your past work experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments in May 2015.

Interview

I had a very positive interview experience! The recruiter was very enthusiastic. He told me about the three branches of the company (I believe it was Sales, Data, and Operations) and asked which one I would fit best in. I learned a bit more about what Fisher Investments does and what the office environments are like.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of being meet in the lobby and then being provided a tour of the facility and the working location to get a 'real-time" view of the work environment.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Camas, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

1st phone interview, 2nd phone interview, flown out to Portland where I interviewed with 4 different hiring managers from different departments. 2 weeks went by then I received a call for another phone interview. Another week went by and was scheduled for another phone interview. After the last phone interview I did not hear back for another 2 weeks until I reached out and was informed I didn't get the job. 3 months, flown out and 8 interviews later and no offer? I thought the whole process was completely inefficient and not fair to the candidates. I must say though everyone I spoke with was extremely nice. Amazing offices right near Portland.

General Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Eugene, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very basic and straightforward. They wanted to make sure i was a right cultural fit for the firm and what benefit i could bring to the firm.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview

Mainly personality questions, nothing too technical. First interview was completely personality driven; second interview was more specific to the position (What have you done dealing with XYZ, etc.). Both were about 30 minutes.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Did a quick phone screening and was asked to go in for a face interview. The interview itself was around an hour. Talked to the person who I would be under, then to the recruiting manager. They asked some basic questions about my background, gave a description of the role and what I would be doing, then went over some company policies. After a quick background check, I was offered the job. Very quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your previous experiences and how have they prepared you for the role?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable on the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 steps. 1 30 MIN phone call, 2 a 45 min phone call, 3 a 1 hour panel video with hiring managers. In all the interview was conversational. The questions stemmed from the things i said about my self and work experience. Always have questions ready. It shows you are interested.

Interview Questions

• Why Fisher Investments? What can you contribute? Tell me about a time when you persuaded someone who was a maybe   Answer Question