Fisher Investments

211 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – It is very easy to get a call from fisher investments. I only clicked the "apply" button on LinkedIn. I received a call from them the next day. They need people at the Camas office badly. The job descripton was vague enough for me to apply. This is a SALES position. This position will suit you if you really enjoy sales. They expect you to make about 200 phone calls a day. It was very clear to Fisher and I that this job isn't suited for my skill set (Financial Advisory).

Interview Question – Why did you want to join Fisher Investments?   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

Investment Counselor

I applied online and interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Interview and then a phone call followed by a few days of training when hired. This was to learn the culture and history of the firm. Be positive and outgoing and eager to learn and that should be enough.

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate

Camas, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process took approximately 2 weeks. I knew someone in the company so they put an email through to HR/Hiring-- I was called the next morning and had an interview arranged 7 days from the call. The call focused on my resume and achievements in order for the company to determine which departments to apply for. I ended up being offered interviews for an associate position in 3 separate departments, so on the day of my interview, I had three consecutive interviews. All three were nearly identical, 45 minute conversations: resume, goals, situation examples, etc. My first interview was par and my next two were stellar. I left with a good feeling about my performance and I was told I would hear back within one week. Four days later I received a call saying that they do not have openings available but thanked me for my time and effort. It is not the result I had hoped for, but I was asked to apply again at a later time.

Interview Question – You have a client who requests an immediate day trade minutes before the bell, but consent from both partners is required-- how do you move forward?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Fisher Investments

Interview Details – Pretty standard. Submitted my resume through company site. It was followed by a phone screen with a recruiter. Upon passing the phone screen, you are asked to come in to the office and interview with a vice president, a team leader, and a member of the sales team. Interview lasted over an hour.

Interview Question – Pretty standard behavioral questions, they want to see if you can fit in to the team and if you can handle high volume calls on a daily basis.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating, 30k base plus commission.

Very Easy Interview

Camas, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – They were friendly to me, although they all seemed like they were faking it to some extent. I was told what a great place it was to work and how those who work hard succeed. I didn't really see the point of them needing to say that because that's true just about everywhere you work. The fact that they needed to mention that seemed to be a red flag.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Their system inside the company seemed flawed at the root. Having people work against each other and then ranking people on a monthly basis is absurd.

Investment Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview, then on-site interview, then a call from a VP. The process took about 3-4 weeks. All the interview questions they asked were found on this site which is helpful. I initially applied for investment associate but then based on my credentials found out I was being considered for a higher position then originally thought. Everyone seemed professional except this one young lady who seemed like a shark. She was very cordial at the beginning of the face-to-face interview, but her personality during the interview was very sharp and direct. I don't know if that means all of FI is like that or perhaps just she is. Overall, I enjoyed my experience and would recommend it for people who are serious about finance/equity markets. It is also quite clear that they are growing faster then they know how to manage--getting in at this stage in the company could set your career up in the longer run IMO.

Interview Question – All were expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay and benefits are competitive--1 week to decide.

Sales/Data Analyst Interview

Sales/Data Analyst
Camas, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was an employee referral and a recruiter called a few days later to get some basic information (where I lived, my worker status, and my availability). She then scheduled a phone interview to occur a few days later. This occurred as scheduled and I spoke with a recruiter that was over technical positions. The person did not come across to me as being highly technical themselves, as the type of questions asked didn't really delve into that area. I good portion of the interview seemed to be about being a good 'fit' for Fisher and not so much about particular job functions.

I didn't make it beyond the phone interview, so I'm unable to comment on the in-person interviews. When your phone interview is setup you'll be given the name of the recruiter that will contact you. On LinkedIn, you can search for that individual at Fisher Investments. When viewing them and their connections at Fisher, which are also recruiters, you may see a particular pattern...just something to keep in mind.

Interview Question – I'd been laid off from my job a few weeks previously and was asked "if you hadn't been laid off, would you still be with your former company?".   View Answer

Camas, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fisher Investments in June 2014.

Interview Details – I heard about the position form my university's career center. I submitted an application online as well as e-mailed them my resume. I got a call asking for an interview a couple of days later which we scheduled for the following week. The interview was fairly easy, just a lot of behavioral questions like others have mentioned here. The recruiter said that he would recommend me for their Client Service team and that I should hear back from them in a week to a week and a half. About a week later I got a rejection e-mail in my spam folder.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions, especially after I reviewed all the ones posted here.   Answer Question

Investment Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Interview Details – Very basic questions, exactly the same as what's been posted earlier: What is your biggest achievement/accomplishment?, What will you bring to Fisher (above other potential hires)? What do you know about Fisher Investments and why do you want to work here? This is just for the initial phone screen interview before they forward/recommend a candidate to one of the five departments within the investment associate role.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that you would not put on your resume   Answer Question

Interviewed at Fisher Investments

Interview Details – Applied through my campus website, contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone screen/interview. Everything was pretty standard behavior questions/information about the company.

Next, I was contacted (after a few days) about making travel arrangements to come out for an in-house interview. Very flexible, great travel department, everything was very easy. When I got out to the Camas, WA location, I had about 4 one-to-one interviews with people from different groups. Again, nothing too out of the ordinary, basically getting a feel for who you are.

I was offered a position after a couple of days (it was very quick) but declined the offer. The main reason was because the offer was for a team that did not sound too exciting and the pay wasn't really enough to move my whole life across the country. Other than that, nothing but good things to say.

Interview Question – Again, nothing was very tough. It was all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Fisher Investments? Contribute to the Community!