Fisher Investments

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.8

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

received a phone call to set up phone interview soon after application. phone interview then a second interview in person. and then a final phone interview. lots of waiting time in-between interviews.

Interview Questions
  • nothing extraordinarily tough. mainly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments in December 2014.

I applied through an employee referral and then was scheduled for a phone interview within the same week. I am waiting to hear back from Fisher Investments, and if they decide to select me as a candidate I will be flown to Camas

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Ordinary process, with a few questions about your actions in certain scenarios. Applied through my school's careers website and sent them an email with my resume. They emailed back and flew me out to Portland. They paid for flight and hotel and rental car. I went to tour the scenery before my interview on my own in the rental car.

Investment Associate Interview

1st step is either a 30min face to face interview or phone interview. After that you are flown out to do 2nd round interviews and an office visit. The day of the office visit you have three interviews, meet other associates and wrap up the day with a dinner with senior level management.

Interview Questions
    • What interested you in Fisher investments incomparison to other investment firms   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

phone interview then once you pass that multiple personal interviews with different managers who are screening you as to whether you fit the position they are looking for. different managers are looking for different skills and different attitudes. they seek employees with a "will-do" attitude and not much experience with other companies for associate levels. however, they will go far and beyond for sales people.

Interview Questions
    • none that you could not answer if you really think about the question and answer it   Answer Question
    confusing

Investment Associate Interview

I applied for the Investment Associate position and was immediately recommended for the Account Executive position. It seems clear they have an immediate need to fill this position. Over all the interview process was good. The recruiter was helpful with answering my question and very straight to the point which I appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral and background question so that they can better understand who you are as a person and where you would fit in.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fisher Investments in November 2014.

After application, first phone interview quickly followed. I was put in touch with a hiring director. Phone call went well and set up another call a week later. Second phone interview with managing director. Call went well, director insinuated I would be invited for an on-site interview and seemed impressed my preparedness for the call. Company loves to use the phone, not email. I was expecting a call to set up my on-site interview when I was hit with a curveball and received the news that they would not be moving forward with my application. Very surprised given the feedback I had received.

Interviews are behavioral. Feeling out who you are as a person and whether they can fit you into an opening/role. Looking for go-getter attitude, confidence, and personable, especially for the multi-faceted investment associate role. Investment Associate role is broadly defined and I did not have a good understanding of what the role entails. It is not an investment analyst or investment based role, but rather more similar to an account manager and client facing role.

Overall good experience, I just wish I had some insight into where I messed up along the way.

Interview Questions
    • What does Innovation mean to you? Describe a time when you were innovative.

When was a time in the past year when you faced a difficult challenge and rose to the occasion?

What is success to you? How do you achieve that success?

What is a time you set a goal and achieved it? How did you do that?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

After filling out the application, I was contacted very quickly regarding a phone interview (within a few days). However, the phone interview was scheduled nearly three weeks after I was contacted. During the phone interview, I was told that someone from FI would contact me, regardless of what direction they intend to take. From an applicant's perspective, this was good to hear, because some employers will not provide any feedback whatsoever.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

It is a good phone interview. The HR is nice. After 7 days, I was told that will not pursue me as a candidate. But I have no idea why I failed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Very basic questions. I had two phone screens. The first phone screen was general interview questions, the second screen was to determine if I would be a fit for the company.