Fisher Investments

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Ordinary process, with a few questions about your actions in certain scenarios. Applied through my school's careers website and sent them an email with my resume. They emailed back and flew me out to Portland. They paid for flight and hotel and rental car. I went to tour the scenery before my interview on my own in the rental car.

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Investment Associate Interview

1st step is either a 30min face to face interview or phone interview. After that you are flown out to do 2nd round interviews and an office visit. The day of the office visit you have three interviews, meet other associates and wrap up the day with a dinner with senior level management.

Interview Questions
    • What interested you in Fisher investments incomparison to other investment firms   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

phone interview then once you pass that multiple personal interviews with different managers who are screening you as to whether you fit the position they are looking for. different managers are looking for different skills and different attitudes. they seek employees with a "will-do" attitude and not much experience with other companies for associate levels. however, they will go far and beyond for sales people.

Interview Questions
    • none that you could not answer if you really think about the question and answer it   Answer Question
    confusing

Investment Associate Interview

I applied for the Investment Associate position and was immediately recommended for the Account Executive position. It seems clear they have an immediate need to fill this position. Over all the interview process was good. The recruiter was helpful with answering my question and very straight to the point which I appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral and background question so that they can better understand who you are as a person and where you would fit in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camas, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

After filling out the application, I was contacted very quickly regarding a phone interview (within a few days). However, the phone interview was scheduled nearly three weeks after I was contacted. During the phone interview, I was told that someone from FI would contact me, regardless of what direction they intend to take. From an applicant's perspective, this was good to hear, because some employers will not provide any feedback whatsoever.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

It is a good phone interview. The HR is nice. After 7 days, I was told that will not pursue me as a candidate. But I have no idea why I failed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Very basic questions. I had two phone screens. The first phone screen was general interview questions, the second screen was to determine if I would be a fit for the company.

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Applied through my university's online job board. Got a call back in a week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was the questions were pretty similar to the ones posted on this site. Some examples are: why Fisher?, previous experience?, What do you think you'll be doing in this job?

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Process started with a phone screen, which was a resume walk through to determine whether you could hold a conversation as well as sell yourself. About a week later, and an extensive background application form, I was invited up to the Camas office. A flight, hotel, and car were booked for me and I arrived in WA a day before the interview.

Interview consisted of 3 rounds with different departments but the processes were quite similar. Behavioral questions, tell me a time this happened, give me an example of that, etc. As long as you can think on your feet, you should be okay. Know your resume, know your history, know yourself and you should be okay.

Last interviewer threw a curveball by asking a "what would you do" kind of question but because I had read other reviews on here, I was well prepared.

Interview Questions
    • It's 10 mins to market close and an important client calls you, asking you to execute a sale. He sends in signed documentation authorizing you to do so but you notice that it's a joint account and requires the signature of the client and his wife. What do you do?   View Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Phone Interview after applying online at my universities website. They replied almost immediately and asked for me to schedule a phone interview. Afterwards they expressed interest and planned on flying me out to Camas to continue the process.