Fisher Investments Investments Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.8

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

The interview process was pretty basic. The first two went great. However, the final rounds did not. Both of the interviewers were younger then 25. Never had that experience before. In my opinion this should really be handled by a manager with experience. Not a 22 year old kid with only a year of experience under her belt. I get that its a young culture but the inexperience was very apparent.

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

I was contacted by phone after a resume drop at my college's career fair. The first round interview was general, but was able to learn a lot about the company and how they operate. Seemed like an interesting environment in which employees worked in, with an emphasis on mentor-student relationship. The first interview to offer decision time frame takes about a month; I had to withdraw my application because of a time-constraint with another offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you've used macros in Excel in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2015.

I had a phone interview with Fisher. It was very relaxed and conversational. He spoke part of the time about how great the opportunity is and how a lot of the employees don't have a financial background.
    The interview was great, only 30 minutes long.
    The only issues that arose was that I was suppose to have the phone interview on a Monday. After waiting 20 minutes for the phone call, I decided to call them. Apparently there was some sort of communication error and they had to reschedule it for the following day. Rather than interview with the recruiter at the Camas, WA location (where I was applying) I interviewed with the recruiter from California. I was a little thrown off.
    Overall, my experience was great. Waiting to hear back. The recruiter and the employee that referred me said it would take about a week to hear back about whether they'd like to schedule you for a face-to-face interview.

Oh and they seemed very keen on involvement outside of work (volunteering/internships)

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

Phone interviews. Basic questions and no surprises. Very nice interviewers and normal conversations. They also called very on time and the whole process was smooth. I don't think I did well on my second one because there wasn't as much synergy comaparing to my first one. So I don't think I got into the next round, but still a pleasnt experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in Camas, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

I received a call and they scheduled a phone interview with the HR representative. In two weeks I started to work and plan for potential interview questions. I searched online and hopefully it will go very well. The interview is in two day and hopefully I will succeed,

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

Phone interviews.
    Basic questions and only one surprise.
    Very nice interviewers on the phone and normal conversations.
    Very smooth process.
    The phone interview is 20-30 minutes.
    The recruiter asks behavioral questions and questions related to your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What is it like working at your current job.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

Applied on LinkedIn. The process took 1-2 weeks to be contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview for the following week.

The phone interview is 20-30 minutes. The recruiter asks behavioral questions and questions related to your resume.

Although the job description on LinkedIn is vague, this position has different roles such as data analytics, dealing with clients, etc...

The recruiter is a very friendly person, no need to be nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Why this position, why FI, what do you know about this company(currently managing $60B). What weakness, what projects have you completed, does your GPA represent you and other similar questions.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in February 2015.

Got in contact with a recruiter at a career fair, and was told to apply online. I received an e-mail stating they weren't interested a few days after, and then a week after that I received another e-mail to schedule my first phone interview. The interview wasn't very strong in terms of screening in my opinion. None of his questions gave greater depth to my resume, it was just regurgitating what he already read back to me.

Interview Questions
    • All conversational questions walking through my resume.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

got a call from the first lady as an initial screening. I was asked basic questions about myself. A week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with a manager. He asked a lot more about my resume, to explain all my internships and activities, why I wanted to have this position, why I like the company, my biggest failure...

Investment Associate Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and received a call in a week to set up phone interview. Interview was conversational, and was mainly targeted towards points on my resume. It was a 30 min phone interview and mostly straight forward.