Fisher Investments

2.5

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments in May 2010.

As an internal promotion I knew the parties I was interviewing with. The internal interview is required although is usually a formality for when you are well qualified. I had to pass through three rounds of increasingly senior managers where I was questioned about my background which qualified me for the role plus how i'd delt with adversity and tight deadlines in the workplace in conjunction with ambiguity in time, cost, and resources.

Interview Questions
  • Are you sure you know what you are getting yourself into?   View Answer
Negotiation wasn't offered other than title incentive, rate was competitive. Negotiations are quite difficult at this firm, be prepared to be declined and make sure any request is well researched and presented succinctly

Other Interview Reviews for Fisher Investments

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fisher Investments in April 2010.

Excellent recruiting process. I applied on-line and the recruiter called me within a few days. We had a phone interview and a few days later set up a interview with the hiring manager on-site. Though a very nice person he appeared a little bored by the interviewing process. Pretty tough when you really want a job and the interviewer seems to be just going through an exercise. Though he was very respectful of my experience and described the company and position well. Received the "Thanks but no Thanks" call from the recruiter a few days later. I was impressed because she called rather than e-mail. This shows they respect the process and know that everyone deserves timely information. I have little feel for the company though as I think the job posting is there to have a pool of possibilities.