Fisher Investments

2.8

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.

First off, I received a phone call from a recruiter. We spoke for roughly 25 minutes. About a week later, I received an email from the same recruiter letting me know that they wanted me to come in. For the in-person interview, I first interviewed with the recruiter for about thirty minutes. After that, I sat with two AE Team Leader's (back to back) for about forty minutes each. Lastly, I sat with the AE Group Vice President for about forty-five minutes. The three interviews after sitting with the recruiter were pretty standard. In my opinion, it was more of an attempt to figure out if you can be personable, while carrying a conversation. I've heard that my interview was actually different from others moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to go through my resume and briefly explain what I did, and give a time where I faced some adversity.   Answer Question
    Low base, but commissions can easily make up for it. If you like sales, you very could like this position.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in October 2014.

Several phone interviews and two with the hiring manager. I was told I would have a follow-up call within a week to arrange a face-to-face, but it never happened. The interview was fine and I was told I was a frontrunner, but never got a call when promised, and received no responses to email inquiries for several weeks. I finally received a call back from the junior HR person who first contacted me, and had no information other than a policy statement quote.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

I went to a campus job fair. I met the fisher investment recruiter and had a great conversation with him. he offered me an on-campus interview for the next day. I went to the interview and he asked me basic questions about my resume and experience. A week or so after the interview, I was contacted by a HR person to schedule an on-site interview at their San Mateo office. They flew me up and paid for my room and expenses. They gave me a tour of the office and I got interviewed by 4 different managers separately. They all asked behavior questions. I thought I performed fairly well, however I could of done better by taking notes during the tour.

Interview Questions
    • They asked which position was I most interested in if i got the job there   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

First there was a phone interview with someone from HR, a recruiter, standard walk me through your resume, I didn't remember applying to the job! Then there was a second phone interview with a manager in the department, standard tell me about your background questions, asked about what I ultimately wanted to do, why I was interested in my field of focus, what made me a unique applicant, and why they should consider me over others.
    Then there was an on-site interview, they helped arrange travel which was nice. At the on-site i met with several people, they didn't let me know in advance how many sessions I would be attending so I was there several hours and starving. I would have planned differently had I known. At the on-site they were all very pleasant. More standard, why you questions, more depth into specific background experiences. At no point in the interview did they mention their 50hr work week requirements, I had to learn that from reviews of the company and confirmed it with the person who gave me a tour of the office. The office itself is falling apart and old, looks like it was designed in the 80's. They favor an open office environment so there is absolutely no privacy or peace and quiet.
    After the on-site there was another phone interview where I was put through the wringer. Lots of tough questions about my professional style.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most creative thing you have done and what is the most innovative thing you have done? Give me real world examples. What did you like least about your last manager?   Answer Question
    Not really room for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in April 2014.

xwent through 7 interviews, 4 phone, 3 in person, could do this job blindfolded, didn't get an offer, have significant brokerage experience, trading, management etc. Cannot imagine why i didn't get an offer, was positive in all aspects

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in March 2014.

Found out about Fisher via campus job fair and applied through company's web portal. I was then contacted by HR about ten days later. Initial phone interview went well, about 45 min of going over resume and behavioral questions. All those questions I saw on previous candidates Glassdoor interview posts. Six days later was contacted by same HR rep to set up a phone interview with a senior HR rep. That interview was about 30 min and was more about matching skill set with available positions. All in all nothing too difficult. I was told that they would contact me within a week.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in January 2014.

1) Found position on university job board.
    2) Two phone interviews with different recruiters
    3) Based on questions, they decide where they think you can fit.
    4) Everything was faxed! I had to fill out an application by hand and fax it. Not a big deal but it was the first time.
    5) They flew me out. It was awesome. They definitely take care of you.
    6) Interviews with 4 different employees from different parts of the firm.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were behavioral. Just make sure you know and have an opinion on the current markets.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in January 2014.

Phone interview, a week or two later I had one in person. Easy, standard questions. The person was extremely nice. Nothing asked really caught me off guard. Just bring your resume and come prepared and you should be fine. Overall I had a good interviewing experience.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments in November 2013.

Went through 2 rounds of phone interviews-BASIC BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS, RESUME SCREENING, POSITION OVERVIEW.

GOT INVITED FOR FINAL ROUND AT FISHER- MET WITH 4 EMPLOYEES, EACH ASKED BASIC BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS, WHY FISHER? (ONE OF THE GUYS LOOKS LIKE LEX LUTHOR AND THE WHOLE TIME I INTERVIEWED I HAD TO KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE AND NOT LAUG :/ )

Interview Questions
    • greatest weakness and how will this job help you avoid it?   Answer Question

CUBICLE LIFESTYLE-I ENTERED THE BUILDING AND SAW CUBICLE AFTER CUBICLE AFTER CUBICLE AND TO BE HONEST IT WAS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED. I AM ALL FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES BUT I WANT SOMEWHERE WITH CULTURE AND ATTITUDE. FISHER LACKS THAT.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments.

Got a call that lasted about 5 minutes telling me they were interested so we set up a phone interview for a week later. In this call they asked me when I could start, what my GPA was, etc.

Next interview was about 30-45 minutes and they asked me on my work experience and school project experience that I had in a group projects setting. They asked questions about the company so learn a bit about them. They also asked why you want to work there and why that position.

Interview Questions
    • What projects have you completed in the past that will help with this position?   Answer Question