Fisher Investments Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.8

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Regular interview process- phone, then in person interview, full background check. It's good to know what we should expect for first few months. Get to know the dept personnel and management.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A long process but they really take the time to get to know you to make sure that you are a good fit for the company which gives you the opportunity to realize if you are a good fit for them. They want to get to know your experience with leadership as well as how you deal with conflict in the work place

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy, but any thorough process should be. I haven't been offered a position yet, but I am hoping to receive an offer next week. I started with a phone interview from a recruiter. That was followed up by an office visit and in-person interviews with several teams. I had a background check and a second phone interview. I have another phone interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me someone thing about you that's not on your resume?   1 Answer

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The application process was very straight forward. I was referred by a friend and called 2 days later to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted roughly 40 minutes with standard fit interview questions. Interviewer was very polite and said I would be contacted within 7 days. I am currently about to undertake my second phone interview so will post the remainder of my experience after!

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Did a quick phone screening and was asked to go in for a face interview. The interview itself was around an hour. Talked to the person who I would be under, then to the recruiting manager. They asked some basic questions about my background, gave a description of the role and what I would be doing, then went over some company policies. After a quick background check, I was offered the job. Very quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your previous experiences and how have they prepared you for the role?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable on the phone?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and was very friendly and brief. The second phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered more in-depth questions about experience and interest in Fisher Investments. The last phone interview was with a Manager within the department and covered very specific questions about the position. Last was an in-person interview on-site at their offices. The interview last approximately 2 hours with very specific questions about the your experience and how they would be applied in certain situations or scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fisher Investments?   Answer Question
    • What made you look at Fisher Investments specifically?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your background and training?   1 Answer

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a quick initial phone screen, followed up by a more detailed phone interview of about 45 minutes. At the time of interview I had several years of investment experience and analysis, and impressive credentials, but no sales experience (buy-side). I suspected that while the role was advertised as advisory, they do want a salesman attitude from their candidates and didn't really care what sort of investment experience one had. After reading the reviews on Glassdoor, I am sure this is the case with this company. I wasn't surprised when they didn't go forward with me, not a good fit on my end or theirs. No hard feelings, but according to some reviews here it seems like I sure dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Are you bullish or bearish on the stock market, and why?   Answer Question

Research Associate, Investment Writer, Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

1. After submitting a resume through an acquaintance, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. 2. Phone interview was roughly 30 minutes. Questions consisted of "why Fisher", " what do you know about the company ", and direct queries about the exact salary I wanted, and what other companies I was talking with. The interviewer told me that there were three different roles I may be interviewing for. 3. The day after the phone interview, I was contacted to schedule a face to face interview at the San Mateo office. 4. I interviewed with three " team leaders", each from different groups/divisions. Two of the three interviews were what I would call normal and pleasant. Discussion focused on my experience, some general finance/macro econ knowledge, and how I would be a good fit for the roles. The other interview was...odd. The interviewer asked very specific questions about financial theory and current events. Despite his literal statement "don't worry, this isn't a quiz, I'm just wondering what your interests are" - it was very much like a quiz and, unlike the other two interviews, was more of a one-sided exchange. He did not necessarily even know the answers to some of his questions...again, odd. That interviewer also was extremely vague about what position he was considering me for.

Interview Questions

• What is "monetary easing" ?   1 Answer

Account Executive - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

First off, I received a phone call from a recruiter. We spoke for roughly 25 minutes. About a week later, I received an email from the same recruiter letting me know that they wanted me to come in. For the in-person interview, I first interviewed with the recruiter for about thirty minutes. After that, I sat with two AE Team Leader's (back to back) for about forty minutes each. Lastly, I sat with the AE Group Vice President for about forty-five minutes. The three interviews after sitting with the recruiter were pretty standard. In my opinion, it was more of an attempt to figure out if you can be personable, while carrying a conversation. I've heard that my interview was actually different from others moving forward.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go through my resume and briefly explain what I did, and give a time where I faced some adversity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Low base, but commissions can easily make up for it. If you like sales, you very could like this position.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Several phone interviews and two with the hiring manager. I was told I would have a follow-up call within a week to arrange a face-to-face, but it never happened. The interview was fine and I was told I was a frontrunner, but never got a call when promised, and received no responses to email inquiries for several weeks. I finally received a call back from the junior HR person who first contacted me, and had no information other than a policy statement quote.