Fisher Investments Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Regular interview process- phone, then in person interview, full background check. It's good to know what we should expect for first few months. Get to know the dept personnel and management.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The application process was very straight forward. I was referred by a friend and called 2 days later to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted roughly 40 minutes with standard fit interview questions. Interviewer was very polite and said I would be contacted within 7 days. I am currently about to undertake my second phone interview so will post the remainder of my experience after!

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Did a quick phone screening and was asked to go in for a face interview. The interview itself was around an hour. Talked to the person who I would be under, then to the recruiting manager. They asked some basic questions about my background, gave a description of the role and what I would be doing, then went over some company policies. After a quick background check, I was offered the job. Very quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your previous experiences and how have they prepared you for the role?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable on the phone?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and was very friendly and brief. The second phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered more in-depth questions about experience and interest in Fisher Investments. The last phone interview was with a Manager within the department and covered very specific questions about the position. Last was an in-person interview on-site at their offices. The interview last approximately 2 hours with very specific questions about the your experience and how they would be applied in certain situations or scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fisher Investments?   Answer Question
    • What made you look at Fisher Investments specifically?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your background and training?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

1. After submitting a resume through an acquaintance, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. 2. Phone interview was roughly 30 minutes. Questions consisted of "why Fisher", " what do you know about the company ", and direct queries about the exact salary I wanted, and what other companies I was talking with. The interviewer told me that there were three different roles I may be interviewing for. 3. The day after the phone interview, I was contacted to schedule a face to face interview at the San Mateo office. 4. I interviewed with three " team leaders", each from different groups/divisions. Two of the three interviews were what I would call normal and pleasant. Discussion focused on my experience, some general finance/macro econ knowledge, and how I would be a good fit for the roles. The other interview was...odd. The interviewer asked very specific questions about financial theory and current events. Despite his literal statement "don't worry, this isn't a quiz, I'm just wondering what your interests are" - it was very much like a quiz and, unlike the other two interviews, was more of a one-sided exchange. He did not necessarily even know the answers to some of his questions...again, odd. That interviewer also was extremely vague about what position he was considering me for.

Interview Questions

• What is "monetary easing" ?   1 Answer

Account Executive - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

First off, I received a phone call from a recruiter. We spoke for roughly 25 minutes. About a week later, I received an email from the same recruiter letting me know that they wanted me to come in. For the in-person interview, I first interviewed with the recruiter for about thirty minutes. After that, I sat with two AE Team Leader's (back to back) for about forty minutes each. Lastly, I sat with the AE Group Vice President for about forty-five minutes. The three interviews after sitting with the recruiter were pretty standard. In my opinion, it was more of an attempt to figure out if you can be personable, while carrying a conversation. I've heard that my interview was actually different from others moving forward.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go through my resume and briefly explain what I did, and give a time where I faced some adversity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Low base, but commissions can easily make up for it. If you like sales, you very could like this position.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Several phone interviews and two with the hiring manager. I was told I would have a follow-up call within a week to arrange a face-to-face, but it never happened. The interview was fine and I was told I was a frontrunner, but never got a call when promised, and received no responses to email inquiries for several weeks. I finally received a call back from the junior HR person who first contacted me, and had no information other than a policy statement quote.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I went to a campus job fair. I met the fisher investment recruiter and had a great conversation with him. he offered me an on-campus interview for the next day. I went to the interview and he asked me basic questions about my resume and experience. A week or so after the interview, I was contacted by a HR person to schedule an on-site interview at their San Mateo office. They flew me up and paid for my room and expenses. They gave me a tour of the office and I got interviewed by 4 different managers separately. They all asked behavior questions. I thought I performed fairly well, however I could of done better by taking notes during the tour.

Interview Questions

• They asked which position was I most interested in if i got the job there   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

First there was a phone interview with someone from HR, a recruiter, standard walk me through your resume, I didn't remember applying to the job! Then there was a second phone interview with a manager in the department, standard tell me about your background questions, asked about what I ultimately wanted to do, why I was interested in my field of focus, what made me a unique applicant, and why they should consider me over others. Then there was an on-site interview, they helped arrange travel which was nice. At the on-site i met with several people, they didn't let me know in advance how many sessions I would be attending so I was there several hours and starving. I would have planned differently had I known. At the on-site they were all very pleasant. More standard, why you questions, more depth into specific background experiences. At no point in the interview did they mention their 50hr work week requirements, I had to learn that from reviews of the company and confirmed it with the person who gave me a tour of the office. The office itself is falling apart and old, looks like it was designed in the 80's. They favor an open office environment so there is absolutely no privacy or peace and quiet. After the on-site there was another phone interview where I was put through the wringer. Lots of tough questions about my professional style.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative thing you have done and what is the most innovative thing you have done? Give me real world examples. What did you like least about your last manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really room for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisher Investments (San Mateo, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

xwent through 7 interviews, 4 phone, 3 in person, could do this job blindfolded, didn't get an offer, have significant brokerage experience, trading, management etc. Cannot imagine why i didn't get an offer, was positive in all aspects