Fisker Automotive Interview Questions

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisker Automotive in February 2015.

I emailed a recruiter with my cover letter and resume, and a few weeks later was first called for a phone interview, and then scheduled for a panel interview. We were asked to arrive early to the panel interview to sign nondisclosure forms, and fill out an official application. They suggested getting their 15 minutes early, I felt like ~20 minutes early was better. It was very brief, just over half an hour, since they were on a tight schedule. They took me on a tour afterwards, and said they would get back to all the candidates within a week. A week later, I got a call asking for verbal confirmation that I wanted the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were behavioral questions. I was asked about project organization, dealing with team issues, etc. I was also asked to recognize a part, and explain how I'd fix it. Later they asked me what my favorite two cars are, and why.   Answer Question
    I have not tried negotiating yet, but I probably will, since base intern pay is only $9hour, and I have another offer for $17/hour. However--this is a great experience, since interns will be given duties that regular working engineers would have. As a student, I'd much rather have a great experience and shoddy pay than do paperwork for good pay.

Engineer Interview

interviewed at Fisker Automotive in October 2014.

Typical interview process. Phone screening, phone interview twice, final onsite interview. The decision was made within an hour after onsite. The office was brand new as they just went through bankrupt and moved to a new location. It seems a blooming place.

Honestly, the engineers and the supervisor interviewed me were real friendly and seems capable. I would love to work with them if it weren't for the HRs. The HRs first promised me a number during the phone screening, and later give me a much lower number in the final offer. I tried to argue with them, but they don't even bother to give me a counter offer. The HRs I talked to were VERY rude.

I later found out that, because this company has just been through bankrupt and has let go 80% of its staff, they don't even have a HR department. They have to hire a third party HR company to do the job. So what those HRs really care about is not you as future employee, but their own share --- how much money they could keep themselves if they pick you for Fisker.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that they also cheated when I try to reimburse my onsite trip.

Interview Questions
    • No real hard question or test, mainly about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisker Automotive.

Was your typical interview process. First started with a phone call to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then on to a face to face interview. One month later I received and offer lower than what was discussed. Declined and was presented with a counter offer.

Consumer Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fisker Automotive in May 2011.

Interview was rather brief and included the basic interview questions within every company. What is your current role? What is the greatest contribution that you have made? What do you know about our brand and product?

Interview Questions
    No negotiation- set salary that was very competitive

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Fisker Automotive in April 2011.

The interview process was somewhat odd.
    Applied online though my schools website. In about a week got a call from HR asking if I would be interested in a totally different position. Then was scheduled for on-site interview, no phone prior to that.
    When I arrived to the site, I had to wait because the clerk at the front desk didn't notify my interviewer of my arrival.
    The interview was with 3 people from different departments, mostly consisted of questions related to my background and where I would prefer to work - they were trying to find the best fit for them and for me at the company. Talked very little as to what the job would be and what would be required of you, because they an out of time and there was another interview scheduled in that room, so had to leave.

Overall, the company seems a little unprofessional. For someone who wants to make luxury cars they have some work to do in terms of appearing professional.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve a conflict between the design studio and the manufacturing plant related to a designed part?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fisker Automotive in December 2010.

The interview was blind. Deliberate no job description to see your true self instead of tailoring resuje to suite the job. Manager want to see what your skills are in full. Ask so specifics on your resume. Must be able to answer in detail. Panel interview. The manager is VERY detailed about your resume histroy. Be ready to explain everything. Overall feeling is very deceptive. Manager tells you one thing and later changes his mind. I had a few recruiters tell me the manager would interview people and abruptly end the interview and make some excuse that he need to take care of an "emergency". No followup. I do not like unpredicatable people. Sense distrust in this company. Future is uncertain since all of their funds are from the gov and private investors. Company has yet to mas produce a single car to payff the funding. Where is the ROI?

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fisker Automotive in May 2010.

It was they typical interview process using a recruiter. Started off with a phone interview to review resume and an face to face interview. FIsker promoted stock options, technology, benefits, and work environment as a reason for lower pay.

Design Release Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fisker Automotive.

Initial interview was on the phone since I was out of state. I received a call a few weeks later from my supervisor to meet him. After about 2 weeks, I received a call from HR offering me the position. Interview was mostly about my current and past experience. No behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were about my current job and how it would relate to my assignment at Fisker.   Answer Question
    Since it was a startup company, the pay was poor but I was offered relocation. Stock options were awarded (which are currently worthless).

Service Engineering Interview

Got a call to schedule an interview 2 weeks after submitting my resume, took the first available interview time in the morning. The person that was supposed to interview me was 30 mins late, was extremely unprofessional. Didn't apologize for being late, or anything and seemed more interested in getting the interview over with. Was asked few questions related to the position, nothing difficult but felt that he wasn't very engaged. I felt very rushed and that the interviewer wasn't interested in interviewing me at all. Said he was interviewing few other candidates, which I don't know why he even disclosed that information and said they'll let me know either way by next week.

Customer Service Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fisker Automotive in February 2011.

The process was typical - no questions out of the ordinary. The main thing I'd recommend is knowing a lot about Fisker. They ask questions about what you'd do to improve the company/product.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the Fisker cars?   View Answer