Fitch Ratings Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.9

Credit Analyst, Retail Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Sent resume in through an internal contact. Was called in for one on one meetings with HR, the hiring manager and research heads of other departments. The hiring manager appeared to be overworked and tired, however all interviewers were pleasant and personable. The physical working environment was lackluster. Received positive feedback, but no offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in February 2015.

Phone interview at first- which was constantly rescheduled and reshuffled around. Seemed hurried and rushed, HR all over the place with several different recruiters calling me. Ended up turning down in-person interview due to better offer elsewhere. I would recommend they use a more generalized process and follow it from now on, but their recruiters (all of the ones i spoke to) were very friendly at least

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

First interview consisted of meeting with 5 Directors/MDs and interviewing with them for 30 min each. Then, a written test was administered where I evaluated a company and wrote 1 page. Second interview consisted of meeting with 5 more Directors/MDs followed by an Excel test.

Questions were 80% competency based. Very few technical questions.

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in January 2015.

1:1 interview face to face interview with Human Resources representative. Begins with asking what you know about the company. I would recommend walking them through each line of business. Questions are all behavioral and scenario, no technical surprisingly.

Insurance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Applied online through Fitch's website, received an email asking for a telephone interview with HR. After the phone interview they asked me to come into the office for 4 30 minute interviews with a few directors and analysts currently in that position. After the interviews there was a written assessment and an excel test.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in November 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter,had a phone interview with the PM and a Senior Partner.
    They asked all that was written on my resume very basic BA questions. At the end of the conversation I was asked if I can come for a F2F.
    As per the recruiter I already have the job its just a formality...
    Went for a F2F met with the PM,she had questions again on my profile,then she explained everything in detail and how and what I would be doing,introduced to the team members , I was 100% sure I got this job.

Next Morning I got a call that they had changed their mind on the position.It was really disappointing
    felt like they were just wasting time to see whats out in the market.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what you did at all the projects ?
      What is UAT and how did you handle it ?
      Did you ever join any project in the middle ?
      Describe a difficult situation you had faced or had to convince someone ?

Answer Question

Na Interview

The interview process can be tedious depending on the group you are applying for. In one case you may have no more than one interview, in another case you can have as many as three rounds with different people before a decision is made.

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Applied online, and was contacted by an HR rep within 2 weeks to setup a phone interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes. All questions asked were basic behavioral interview questions. The rep said she would contact me in a couple weeks to let me know the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty basic behavioral questions: "Was there a project that you worked on that you felt particularly proud of.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

The HR just went through the resumes and asked some questions about the previous internship experience. Then you will be asked about the future plans and short-term goal. There is no behavioral questions and case analysis. The interview ended with your questions towards Fitch Ratings.

Associate Analyst Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Applied online, received an email setting up a phone interview with HR a week later. Two weeks later did two phone interviews with associate directors. After another week went in for a full day of interviews and excel/writing assessments, then a phone interview with senior management later that week. Interviews were almost 100% behavioral and situational/scenario based questions, almost no technical questions. Received offer the week after and had to wait three weeks to start. From first interview to start date took 2+ months.