Fitch Ratings

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Fitch Ratings in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with human resources recruiter and one business person. Was brought in for a second round that included three from the business side as well as the group head. Interviews were fairly straightforward with the standard questions asked. Interview was more geared toward whether the candidate felt like a good fit with the culture-very collegiate.

Interview Question – What aspect of your last job did you dislike the most.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview Details – Very basic interview, mostly behavioral questions. Not technical at all. The entire interview took less than 30 minutes. Very friendly HR representative. Welcoming experience. I was very prepared for both behavioral and technical aspects. Surprised how simple the process turned out to be. Be confident and well spoken and the process will be a breeze.

Interview Question – What is a presentation you were most proud of? What do we do? (ambiguous)   Answer Question

Editorial Editor Interview

Editorial Editor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fitch Ratings in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by HR shortly thereafter. The HR person asked me fairly general questions about my editorial experience. It went well and then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, in which I met the manager of the editorial department. Instead of bringing the manager over though I had to walk outside to a completely different building with little guidance and it wasn't exactly nearby. The interview was casual but I got the sense that the manager challenged me when I spoke about my editorial experience. She administered a standard proofreading test in which you have to mark up and find grammatical errors throughout a standard ratings press report they issue. I was told to take it home and fax it back. I went through everything carefully and faxed it in knowing full well that I probably wouldn't get the job based on this woman's preferences to begin with. I heard back about a week later after following up and sending courtesy thank you notes to HR and the manager telling me that I was rejected and they found a more qualified candidate.

Interview Question – Describe your editorial experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview Details – Referral by Fitch employee. Interviewed with three people on one day, received offer about a week later.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions about experience and knowledge of industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I came in as an analyst and they made a standard offer to all incoming analysts (confirmed with other analysts).

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview Details – Long and lackluster

Interview Question – Why do I want this job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not forward thinking.

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

Interviewed at Fitch Ratings

Interview Details – First round interview consisted of a majority of behavioral questions. Questions were also asked in regards to computer skills and research.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to work with someone you did not get along with?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview Details – Had a short phone interview with the HR director for their summer program.
Was called with an extension of offer a couple days later.
Accepted the offer and was hired after a background check and filling out a couple of forms. Overall, a pretty easy interview process. Of course, the process is easy because an full-time offer is not contingent with the internship, but rather a completely separate process unlike many summer programs for your junior year of college.

Interview Question – Most of the phone interview questions were very basic, standard interview questions. Experience with excel, tell me about a time you worked on a team, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fitch Ratings in March 2013.

Interview Details – Asked questions about hobbies and work related issues such as teamwork. Nothing too major. It was a non-stressful interview rather than my past ones. The interviewer was nice and friendly. They expect you to know a couple of things about the company itself. If you study and pay attention, you'll get the internship for sure!

Interview Question – What do you do when you're in a team and one of the members are not performing up to standard?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fitch Ratings in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR manager, got feedback the same day and met 2 MDs and 3 senior directors in office a week later. Received offer a few days later

Interview Question – What 3 reasons according to you caused the financial crisis   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told them I had competing offer, they increased salary by 5K

Asset Back Securities Analyst Interview

Asset Back Securities Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fitch Ratings in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Four 1:1 interviews with staff and then two 1:1 interviews with senior directors.

The first two phases were pretty good as the interviewers were enthusiastic but the interviews with the senior directors lacked a lot of direction and were not great experiences.

They didn't have many questions and they didn't seem too interested in knowing you as a candidate and what you have to offer.

Interview Question – What is your understanding of the asset back securities industry and how recent events have affected the industry?   Answer Question

Worked for Fitch Ratings? Contribute to the Community!