Fitch Ratings Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Straight forward. Ask questions related to job posting. Make sure you are familiar with finance industry and company dealings. See if you looked up news on current ratings the company gave

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice. The questions were composed off half technicals and half behaviorals. Nothing too difficult though. The phone screen lasted for 30 minutes. The recruiter then laid out their entire hiring process at the end. Still waiting for result from the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is leverage and what is coverage means in Finance?   Answer Question

Structured Credit Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Interviewed with two panels of team members. Basic behavioral questions and questions that test the amount of prior research you have done on ratings agencies and the structured finance industry. Was further questioned on the experiences and knowledge I brought up in the interview. In other words, know what you are talking about and don't bs. One interviewer asked a few brain teasers (listed below). It isn't expected that you know the answer immediately. They are assessing your critical thinking skills and want you to think out the answer aloud.

Interview Questions

• What is the sum of numbers from 1 to 100?   Answer Question
    • How many degrees are between the two hands at 3:00 and 3:15 on a clock?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Sent resume in through an internal contact. Was called in for one on one meetings with HR, the hiring manager and research heads of other departments. The hiring manager appeared to be overworked and tired, however all interviewers were pleasant and personable. The physical working environment was lackluster. Received positive feedback, but no offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview at first- which was constantly rescheduled and reshuffled around. Seemed hurried and rushed, HR all over the place with several different recruiters calling me. Ended up turning down in-person interview due to better offer elsewhere. I would recommend they use a more generalized process and follow it from now on, but their recruiters (all of the ones i spoke to) were very friendly at least

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

First interview consisted of meeting with 5 Directors/MDs and interviewing with them for 30 min each. Then, a written test was administered where I evaluated a company and wrote 1 page. Second interview consisted of meeting with 5 more Directors/MDs followed by an Excel test. Questions were 80% competency based. Very few technical questions.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

1:1 interview face to face interview with Human Resources representative. Begins with asking what you know about the company. I would recommend walking them through each line of business. Questions are all behavioral and scenario, no technical surprisingly.

Insurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Applied online through Fitch's website, received an email asking for a telephone interview with HR. After the phone interview they asked me to come into the office for 4 30 minute interviews with a few directors and analysts currently in that position. After the interviews there was a written assessment and an excel test.

Interview Questions

• What background I had in writing.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in November 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter,had a phone interview with the PM and a Senior Partner. They asked all that was written on my resume very basic BA questions. At the end of the conversation I was asked if I can come for a F2F. As per the recruiter I already have the job its just a formality... Went for a F2F met with the PM,she had questions again on my profile,then she explained everything in detail and how and what I would be doing,introduced to the team members , I was 100% sure I got this job. Next Morning I got a call that they had changed their mind on the position.It was really disappointing felt like they were just wasting time to see whats out in the market.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did at all the projects ? What is UAT and how did you handle it ? Did you ever join any project in the middle ? Describe a difficult situation you had faced or had to convince someone ?   Answer Question

Na Interview

Interview

The interview process can be tedious depending on the group you are applying for. In one case you may have no more than one interview, in another case you can have as many as three rounds with different people before a decision is made.