Fitch Ratings

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.9

Insurance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Applied online through Fitch's website, received an email asking for a telephone interview with HR. After the phone interview they asked me to come into the office for 4 30 minute interviews with a few directors and analysts currently in that position. After the interviews there was a written assessment and an excel test.

Na Interview

The interview process can be tedious depending on the group you are applying for. In one case you may have no more than one interview, in another case you can have as many as three rounds with different people before a decision is made.

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Applied online, and was contacted by an HR rep within 2 weeks to setup a phone interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes. All questions asked were basic behavioral interview questions. The rep said she would contact me in a couple weeks to let me know the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty basic behavioral questions: "Was there a project that you worked on that you felt particularly proud of.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

The HR just went through the resumes and asked some questions about the previous internship experience. Then you will be asked about the future plans and short-term goal. There is no behavioral questions and case analysis. The interview ended with your questions towards Fitch Ratings.

Associate Analyst Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Applied online, received an email setting up a phone interview with HR a week later. Two weeks later did two phone interviews with associate directors. After another week went in for a full day of interviews and excel/writing assessments, then a phone interview with senior management later that week. Interviews were almost 100% behavioral and situational/scenario based questions, almost no technical questions. Received offer the week after and had to wait three weeks to start. From first interview to start date took 2+ months.

Public Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in August 2014.

Applied through LinkedIn. I was initially contacted by their HR office in Chicago and had a phone interview with a senior analyst in the San Francisco office. It was a basic, straight forward interview. Questions about resume and previous experience and some easy behavioral questions concerning teamwork, difficult decisions and the like. About a week later I received an email to set up an in office interview. I had interviews with three different members of the public finance team. None of them were challenging. It was a pleasant experience. It was conversational with a few basic behavioral questions. After the interview, I never received an email, phone call or any other form of communication from them on a decision. That felt somewhat unprofessional.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in July 2014.

I was contacted by the recruiter of a staffing agency for a contract to hire position at Fitch Ratings. I was given a Javascript online test (40 questions) where I performed very well. Then a telephonic call was scheduled with Project Manager. The interview was around 25 mins long. He was very polite and cool. Basically he asked me about my past projects and Agile methodology that I was following in previous projects. No technical question. Before ending the call he told me that he want to call me for onsite interview.

After one day I got the schedule for onsite interview. My interview was scheduled with 5 persons, which included 2 Senior developers, Project manager, Technical director and HR director.
    They have a huge office in downtown Chicago which was spread on 2 floors in loop area.

I was asked to sit in a conference room. First 2 senior developers came and asked me about my past projects. Then they started all the basic technical questions of HTML, CSS and Javascript. No difficult questions. They also showed me 2 code snippets and asked the output. Then the Project Manager came and discussed about the project. He didn't ask me any technical questions as already took my telephonic interview. Then I met the Technical director. She was also very cool and soft. We discussed about the project and then I met HR director and she discussed few employment related questions. The onsite interview was 3 hours long.
    The whole process took 3-4 days and the process was very smooth.
    After 2 days I got the response from the vendor that they want me to join as a full time employee instead of contractor. I declined the offer as I was having some commitments with my current employer.

Interview Questions

I was offered full time position instead of contract position for which they were interviewing. I declined the offer as I was having some commitments with my current employer and I cant join them as a full time employee for alteast next 6 months

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Very basic interview, mostly behavioral questions. Not technical at all. The entire interview took less than 30 minutes. Very friendly HR representative. Welcoming experience. I was very prepared for both behavioral and technical aspects. Surprised how simple the process turned out to be. Be confident and well spoken and the process will be a breeze.

Interview Questions
    • What is a presentation you were most proud of? What do we do? (ambiguous)   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in March 2014.

Initially had a 30 min interview through on campus recruiting with HR. Basic behavioral questions like "tell me a time when.." Told me they'd get back to me within a couple weeks. Then, waited 2 months and I kept emailing them for updates on the process. Finally they let me know that they want me to do phone interviews with a couple of senior managers. However, they kept having to cancel due to their schedules. Eventually I was just offered the job without the phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Is there a group in particular you would like to be in?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Referral by Fitch employee. Interviewed with three people on one day, received offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions about experience and knowledge of industry.   Answer Question
    I came in as an analyst and they made a standard offer to all incoming analysts (confirmed with other analysts).