Fitch Ratings Interview Questions in New York, NY

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Referral by Fitch employee. Interviewed with three people on one day, received offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions about experience and knowledge of industry.   Answer Question
    I came in as an analyst and they made a standard offer to all incoming analysts (confirmed with other analysts).

Structured Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in November 2013.

The interview began pleasantly when I met with the Managing Director who was very nice. However, each person I met after him was progressively more depressing to talk with. I met with another director, who was okay, and then two associates who just asked a few Excel questions. Then, I met with one last associate who is a depressing example of what happens when you work in a field you are not passionate about. He was very frank and at one point responded, "I've been here for four years. Honestly, if it wasn't for the free gym membership, I wouldn't still be working here." I also asked him about his favorite product in structured finance and his response was, "I don't like any of this. It's just a job to me."

Interview Questions
    • It was a fairly straightforward interview that was Excel-heavy, but nothing hard   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Long and lackluster

Not forward thinking.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in March 2013.

Asked questions about hobbies and work related issues such as teamwork. Nothing too major. It was a non-stressful interview rather than my past ones. The interviewer was nice and friendly. They expect you to know a couple of things about the company itself. If you study and pay attention, you'll get the internship for sure!

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you're in a team and one of the members are not performing up to standard?   Answer Question

Asset Back Securities Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in July 2011.

Phone interview with HR. Four 1:1 interviews with staff and then two 1:1 interviews with senior directors.

The first two phases were pretty good as the interviewers were enthusiastic but the interviews with the senior directors lacked a lot of direction and were not great experiences.

They didn't have many questions and they didn't seem too interested in knowing you as a candidate and what you have to offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding of the asset back securities industry and how recent events have affected the industry?   Answer Question

Editorial Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in April 2011.

I applied online and was contacted by HR shortly thereafter. The HR person asked me fairly general questions about my editorial experience. It went well and then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview, in which I met the manager of the editorial department. Instead of bringing the manager over though I had to walk outside to a completely different building with little guidance and it wasn't exactly nearby. The interview was casual but I got the sense that the manager challenged me when I spoke about my editorial experience. She administered a standard proofreading test in which you have to mark up and find grammatical errors throughout a standard ratings press report they issue. I was told to take it home and fax it back. I went through everything carefully and faxed it in knowing full well that I probably wouldn't get the job based on this woman's preferences to begin with. I heard back about a week later after following up and sending courtesy thank you notes to HR and the manager telling me that I was rejected and they found a more qualified candidate.

SAP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in November 2010.

Recruiter called me for a position and then never got back to me. Finally gets back to me a month later saying the position is closed. Then 2 weeks later calls back to say position is reopen now and wanted me to go for the interview. First interview was HR over the phone. it went well and they decided to do a technical ph interview, which was pretty deep technical. That went well too and then they called me in for an in person--that is when things went bad. When I went in for the interview, they told me pretty upfront that since the company has had bad resumes, they don't like trusting candidates and they redo all the interviews. I sat thru another HR interview and then met some director and then the mgr and they put me through 3 seperate technical screens while telling me they will ask me the same questions from my phone interview because of the bad resumes they got. After hearing that, I pretty much got up half way . I personally feel that if they've done a technical over the phone, may be they'd want to conduct another one in person..but why 3 seperate ones? and while citing the reason that they don't trust candidates? You have to treat people with dignity. This isn't grade school.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in March 2010.

I interviewed with an MD from London and he was a brilliant man, Easy to talk to and very sincere.

Interview Questions
    • How is your experience related to the job posted?   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in January 2010.

Initial interview was with human resources recruiter and one business person. Was brought in for a second round that included three from the business side as well as the group head. Interviews were fairly straightforward with the standard questions asked. Interview was more geared toward whether the candidate felt like a good fit with the culture-very collegiate.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of your last job did you dislike the most.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fitch Ratings in November 2008.

The interview process was simple. This was an internal interview for an open position. I was asked general questions in regards to my skill set, where I would like to be in the next 5 years, and what were my expectations for the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked anything to hard. I was asked basic system administrator questions.   Answer Question