Five Below

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

1.9

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Five Below.

3 interviews long process talk to GM, DM & RM then alot of questions that dont do with the job. A bit wasteful to talk to all senior management about the Sam thing over and over again 3 times and a phone interview

Salary

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE
    Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Five Below.

Very disorganized. The recruiter who I dealt with flat out forgot to call me not once, but three times at our previously agreed upon time. When I finally spoke with her, and was invited to an in person interview on site, she was over 30 minutes late arriving. I had a second interview at the corporate headquarters that went a little smoother, but I was surprised that at the lack of depth the questions had. Finally had a third interview that was supposed to be with three individuals at the job site. After waiting in the lobby for 45 minutes, I finally met my first interviewer. No one seemed to stick the schedule they had, and I was shuffled to people who seemed to have no idea they were supposed to meet with me that day. At the end of the run around, I was told they were going to schedule the two missing people with me to speak via phone. Instead I received a generic email saying they are going to consider other candidates. After 3 interviews! Very unprofessional, and it is quite evident they are not very considerate of a candidate's time, or providing useful, professional feedback.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. Everything was very generic.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turnersville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turnersville, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Five Below in October 2014.

So, I walked into the store, not really expecting anything, and asked if they were hiring. They told me "yes we are hiring just apply online and we are have on site interviews Monday 10-20-2014" (btw I came in on the previous Friday 10-17-2014.) So, I went to the on site interview, where they asked basic questions such as, "describe yourself" "what's your availability" and "if we asked your friends to describe you want would they say?"
    after the onsite interview, which was the 20th of October, I got a call back for a second interview scheduled for the 28th of October! Overall the second interview was just the main manager asking me the same question in my first interview, and giving me details of how the store is ran (uniform, schedules, time off, etc). Basically it was not a interview, it was more of a congratulations you got the job! At the end of that meeting the manager told to bring in my working papers for the upcoming Sunday which was orientation. Due to schedule problems, I had to reschedule to today, 11-09-2014. I have orientation today and will start working shortly!

All in all, the interview process is a breeze! You just have to be yourself and be open and honest.
    Hopefully this helped!

Interview Questions
    they asked me what I wanted to be paid, and as you should now you are suppose to ask them, so they gave me an offer, and i asked what it came with, and I was satisfied, and i took the offer.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Five Below.

I applied for the stock position online. In about a month from the date that I applied I received a phone call from one of the managers saying that I was hired and asked me did i want the day or night stock shift.

There was no negotiation phase the position offer 8$ and hr.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Five Below in September 2014.

The person was rude and they acted like they didn't want to interview me. They were 10 minutes late for my interview and they even admitted that they didn't like the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Five Below in August 2014.

very organized with Store manager. great open opportunity to ask any questions. 2nd interview with district manager/ area manager was very well done. Classy people with great attitudes. Great organization. Hoping to get on board soon.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Five Below.

Simple paper application, few questions basically screening for a decent retail personality. Then big group of people gathered around to go over all information about job. Training took about 20 minutes. Very simple.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Five Below.

I applied online by sending in my resume. I was called within a week to do my first interview with the DM. About a week later I had a second interview with a store manager. A week after that I had a phone interview with someone from corporate who I believe was an operations director.

Interview Questions
    I asked for an amount I researched on glassdoor

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Five Below.

Interview lasted less than 20 minutes. Typical interview questions, ie. "Why work here?" and "How well do you work with customers?"

Interview Questions
    • What is it about Five Below that you like better than your previous position (Target)?   Answer Question

Lease Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Five Below in April 2014.

does not send confirmation email, interview is 2 rounds, 1 round meet with 2 hr people and the manager of the department. 2nd round, one interview with the real estate director.

Interview Questions
    • interview went smoothe, answer question and that was it. interview are at least 3 hours long.   Answer Question