Five Below

1.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turnersville, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turnersville, NJ

I applied in-person – interviewed at Five Below in October 2014.

So, I walked into the store, not really expecting anything, and asked if they were hiring. They told me "yes we are hiring just apply online and we are have on site interviews Monday 10-20-2014" (btw I came in on the previous Friday 10-17-2014.) So, I went to the on site interview, where they asked basic questions such as, "describe yourself" "what's your availability" and "if we asked your friends to describe you want would they say?"
after the onsite interview, which was the 20th of October, I got a call back for a second interview scheduled for the 28th of October! Overall the second interview was just the main manager asking me the same question in my first interview, and giving me details of how the store is ran (uniform, schedules, time off, etc). Basically it was not a interview, it was more of a congratulations you got the job! At the end of that meeting the manager told to bring in my working papers for the upcoming Sunday which was orientation. Due to schedule problems, I had to reschedule to today, 11-09-2014. I have orientation today and will start working shortly!

All in all, the interview process is a breeze! You just have to be yourself and be open and honest.
Hopefully this helped!

Interview Questions
they asked me what I wanted to be paid, and as you should now you are suppose to ask them, so they gave me an offer, and i asked what it came with, and I was satisfied, and i took the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Five Below

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Five Below.

Interview lasted less than 20 minutes. Typical interview questions, ie. "Why work here?" and "How well do you work with customers?"

Interview Questions
    • What is it about Five Below that you like better than your previous position (Target)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Five Below in April 2014.

I started off by applying online after calling to see if they were hiring. I filled out an application that did not take long AT ALL. After about a week, the manager left me a voice mail (saying to call me back on my cell phone number... Clearly a mistake). I called her back and we set up an interview in the next two days or so. I went to the interview 15 minutes early in business casual attire (a collared professional shirt, khakis, and Sperry's) with my resumé in hand. The interview was very basic; she did not write down my answers, but she read the questions off of a piece of paper. It honestly seemed like she was going through the motions, but she was extremely nice. After the 3 minute or so long interview, she told me I had the job and made me fill out the background check. I had no prior experience (except 40 hours of volunteer work), but I sold it with my personality. She told me she would call me in a day or two to come for additional information bringing two forms of ID. Beforehand, I had misplaced my birth certificate, social security card, and passport (I know, crazy) so I called, and she was extremely nice in allowing me to only bring my student ID and license for the time being. I went to the additional information meeting, filled out all of the papers, found out my salary, and my hours, and the rest is history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Five Below in July 2013.

I applied online and the next morning received a phone call from the manager asking me to come in for an interview. I came in 2 days later and was interviewed by the assistant manager. The interview was quick and easy - she was extremely nice and and seemed like she wanted to hire me. At the end of the interview I was told I would receive a call within 1-2 weeks if they wanted to hire me. The day after the interview I received a call asking if I wanted to start the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I was currently working, currently in high school, what did I think made a positive experience for customers   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Five Below.

I went in, she asked a little about myself and my availability, then I was offered the job and I received a packet that I had to fill out and bring back on my first day.

Just be yourself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Five Below in November 2012.

Not really much to say,the typical tell me about yourself was asked and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    It was typical,I liked it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Five Below in November 2012.

Completed an application online and got a call from the general manager the next day to come in for an interview 2 days later. The interview was really easygoing. I was only asked about my work experience, the duties I had there, and my availability. I was hired on spot.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northville, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Five Below in July 2012.

I applied online, very simple process, got a call about a week later asking me to come in the store for a brief interview a week later. I interviewed with the store GM who was very nice and asked no hard questions at all. She really just wanted to know about my school experience because it was my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Five Below in May 2012.

I interviewed outside the storefront at a pre-opening job fair. I was interviewed by the general manager of the store who seemed to love me and told me that she'd "love to have me" but it took a couple of weeks and a couple of calls from me (only the last one was returned) to confirm that I had really gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • They're all pretty basic. What are your strengths/weaknesses, what is your experience, if the tables were turned what would potentially make me not want to hire you.   Answer Question
    There was none for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Five Below in November 2010.

It was easy

Interview Questions
    Be very descriptive and professional