Five Guys Burgers & Fries Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by who later became known to me as the REGIONAL MANAGER for an interview. The location was about 30 minutes from my house. I was a bit deterred by the distance but I headed out anyway. After at very brief interview, with two people at once, I was told that there was a position open closer to my residence. I was told that I would receive a call from the hiring manager at that location in two days. After a week I decided to make a follow up call. I spoke with the gentleman that initially interviewed me for a status update and was told that the person whom I was expecting a call from was actually with him at that very moment and that I could meet with her at her store location for an interview. I arrived for the interview, introduced myself and we began discussing my qualifications. The hiring manager was VERY impressed with my knowledge of the business and how I articulated my experiences. She was very honest with me by telling me that she WAS NOT going to contact me for an interview but decided to meet with me because of my continued interest. I was ultimately hired as an assistant manager when her location was only interested in acquiring a shift lead!!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The general manager was not prepared to make an assistant manager offer but after becoming familiarized with my qualifications, offered me 100% of the job market value of a Five Guys assistant manager position.

Other Interview Reviews for Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Orlando, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

The GM was very polite and highly informative. Very down to earth. Establishment was very clean.

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Green Bay, WI) in January 2010.

Interview

I met with one of the operating partners and had a 1 on 1 interview with him, then continued with a phone interview of the other operating partners. Overall the interview went great, communication flowed really well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if at home and had a call from the store and they needed help.   1 Answer

I declined because of the cut in pay and 20 minutes of extra driving to work everyday.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in September 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was late by a half hour. He greeted me, put his things down, and went to the back to talk to the employees. The interveiwer seemed disinterested. It was rather dis heartening to then sit there with a smile on my face and answer his questions. It was not the best experience. However, I still smiled and gave the interveiwer great answers to his questions.

Interview Questions

• The problem was, he only started asking me questions about my history in management when I aske about how the store does. In other words I felt like I was promting him.   Answer Question