Five Guys Burgers & Fries General Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Puyallup, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Responded to advertisement on Indeed, Emailed back and forth with a lady and got an interview. Showed up at the interview and the place was locked as they didnt open for another 2 hrs. Called the store and the store manager wasn't aware of me showing up until after he let me in and called a few people. Overall the interview went well. We chatted about the position and various other stuff. Got a second interview with the DM (district manager) for the next day. Will update as soon as the interview is over .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application on line trough a third party site. I did not hear back from anyone. One day, about 3 weeks later, a DM and recruiter who were preparing a restaurant just down the street from my current company came in for lunch. I engaged them in conversation and mentioned my recent application. After an exchange of business cards I received a call several hours later to arrange a formal interview with the DM. Two days later I had an offer and accepted two days after that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Five Guys?   Answer Question
    • What type of leader are you and how did you become that type of leader?   Answer Question
    • What would you make your biggest focus initially as a General Manager?   Answer Question
    • How do you control your budget/ P&L?   Answer Question
    • What type of work day are you used to? How flexible are you to opening, closing, working according to the needs of your restaurant?   Answer Question

Negotiation

During my interview I was asked what salary I was looking for and I gave a range that was as low as I would accept up to the highest reported salary I was able to find for the General Manager position. The offer I received was near the bottom of my range so I asked for them to consider another $3K. After a couple of days they responded with a yes to my counter-offer.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview

Called on the phone, met in person, tested knowledge of the food industry, hired by a franchise owner not corporate to run multiple stores. I had already been a former employee and knew the setup.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview

First contacted for phone screen with recruiter, then in person interview. Recruiter was standard questions, though very nice. In person interview was odd because it was myself being interviewed by two District Managers and their boss. Typical managerial interview questions, although be careful, they like to use what you say against you when they lowball you .

Interview Questions

• What do you mean our concept is simple?   1 Answer

After one 30 minute interview, they liked me enough to make an offer that was several thousand dollars less than my current salary. During the interview, they mentioned that my salary was within their range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (San Diego, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Hiring process almost 3 months

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to wait 3 months or more for the hiring process?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

My recent applications have taught me how badly companies treat job seekers. I applied for a position there and never heard back from them. So I followed up and got an email from a hiring manager. He wanted to schedule an interview. He was extremely slow on responding to any communications. Finally we met and had a conversation. It was laid back and easy and he wanted to get me on board. He told me that he would call me the following day but he never did. I sent a thank you email for the interview but did not hear anything for days. Finally, he emailed me stating the he wanted to talk to the senior hiring manager and would get back to me the following day. He did not get back to me. I sent another email and he responded that he would call me the following day but never did. A day later I got an email that things where on a back burner for now and that he wanted to bring me on at a later date. I declined to any further communications with that company. If you treat a job seeker like that, how are they treating their employees?

Interview Questions

• You have an accent where are from? I found that to be rude.   Answer Question

Because the manager lost his credibility with me. He wasted so much of my time while he told me he would call me and did not.

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in November 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by the director of operations over the course of three months. After the first initial interview we spent some time going around to different stores and he explained what they were all about and the expectations he had. The DOP followed through with everything he had to say and nothing was ever vague. I highly recommend working for this franchise of FIve Guys.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given everything I asked for.