Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Getting the Interview

37 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview Details – First contacted for phone screen with recruiter, then in person interview. Recruiter was standard questions, though very nice. In person interview was odd because it was myself being interviewed by two District Managers and their boss. Typical managerial interview questions, although be careful, they like to use what you say against you when they lowball you .

Interview Question – What do you mean our concept is simple?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After one 30 minute interview, they liked me enough to make an offer that was several thousand dollars less than my current salary. During the interview, they mentioned that my salary was within their range.

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Southlake, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview Details – I went in for the interview, and was already on the schedule for the following week because they were very short-staffed.

Interview Question – What was your prior work experience?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview Details – They called me and set an interview date. At the interview they asked me general questions about customer service and questions about my previous job. After all that they offered me a job on the spot and I came in the next day for training.

Interview Question – The interview was quite easy. There wasn't a difficult question.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in March 2014.

Interview Details – I saw their ad on craigslist and sent in my resume. Took about 3 weeks for them to give me a call about an interview the next day at 8am. There were 2 others being interviewed at that time but one on one. I felt confident because I had open availability and cashier experience. It wasn't until I saw their job listing again the day after my interview that I knew I didn't get the job. The interviewer was nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – She asked what would I do if I was a manager. I was not expecting this since I wasn't applying for a manager position or had any experience as one.   Answer Question

Simpsonville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in February 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process included me filling out an application form that asked about yourself with a test on it that tested basic math skills. After I turned in my application it took two weeks for a follow up interview. The interview process was great. I felt a little nervous but the manager made the interview less scary. Right after the interview I was told I was hired.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Five Guys?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because it was my first job and I feel that me making minimum with no experience is fair.

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Lawrence, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Interview Details – Submitted an application, and received an interview that same day. The management went over my application without really asking many questions, other than availability questions. I was very surprised to be offered the job without any real questions about strengths, weaknesses, etc.

The training process was pretty hands off for the first part - most of the initial training is via boring videos that don't really keep your attention.

Interview Question – Not really anything of importance. I probably could have answered saying something completely random and they wouldn't have even noticed.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
Fayetteville, NC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in September 2013.

Interview Details – Had to interviews one with store manager and the other with franchise and district manager

Interview Question – I wasn't expect to get a math quiz   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I think I should've receive a little more

Crew Trainer Interview

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was very informal but very concrete, to the point, the hiring process was very smooth, it took 3 weeks but they were on top of each person that went through the interview

Interview Question – I was not asked a difficult question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No It was not negotiable, it was straight to the point

Interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Interview Details – Walk-in visit and initial Interview Process, very amenable, welcoming and enthusiastic. Second interview negotiated by phone, was also pleasant, insightful and substantive. Culture and values expressed upfront with so far no contradicting issues/events. Interviewers were genuinely, honestly concerned with pay structure in terms meeting my personal needs, seeming very willing to engage in a fair, honest, balanced negotiation.

Interview Question – What do you expect to learn at Five Guys that you haven't acquired from other occupations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be honest about your situation. Lead off with what YOU can provide THEM as a dedicated employee. That, along with a finely-tuned resume and good references will give them a good idea of WHY they should invest in YOU. Don't go into great detail about personal life/issues, but at least let them know WHY you're asking for the level of compensation you are. You might find yourself surprised at how understanding and accepting the interviewer will be.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in October 2013.

Interview Details – Thursday DM called and tell me coming for in person interview on Tuesday. Friday GM called for phone interview. After I told him I already schedule with DM for in person interview then he just tell me to come in so no phone interview. Tuesday morning, I drove 40 min. then the DM wasn't there and tell me come back Friday and didn't even say what time of the day. This company need to put things together,and stop waste other people‘s time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Worked for Five Guys Burgers & Fries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Five Guys Burgers & Fries interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Five Guys Burgers & Fries employees and interview candidates.