Five Guys Burgers & Fries

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

1.9

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

I applied online and got a email saying that they were having a hiring event at one of there locations. When I got there, someone handed me a application. Once I filled it out, and after some waiting, I had an interview with (I assume) a manager. There were other people having interviews in the restaurant at the same time as I so I didn't know if I was being interviewed by a manager or a employee.

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

very easy, didn't really ask me any questions. It was helpful I lived very close by, he was most impressed by that. I had very flexible hours, so he knew he could count on me to work at a moment's notice whenever needed.

no negiotation

Cashier Interview

Process was very easy. Manager asked simple questions. There were not many people there to interview and the restaurant was busy so the manager did not have much time to spend with me.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation. They have a set way of doing things in this group.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in January 2015.

Walked in. I filled the form than give it back to hired manager. 3 days later. Than they ask me to come for interview. The interview was easy. The question is why you want to work here?, your last experience, your availability, and some "how to question".
    About the compensation they are already decided for you. They give a minimum wage
    The person whos interviewing its nice and i had a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do yo do if your friend asking you for a free meals   Answer Question

I still consider about the other job :)

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Walked In, Applied, Interview on the spot, Hired ! The Gm asked very few questions , he read my application and told me to bring my I'd and social. Very short interview

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

You have to go through a 3-5 day process of getting you "Burger Associates" which consists of multiple, very descriptive videos of how to cook and assemble burgers, fries, and french fries. Then study to get your ServSafe. One that is finished you will be reviewed by one of the corporate district managers during a shift to see if you can cook, delegate, and deal with customers properly. Once this long process is over you receive your red shirt (manager shirt).

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember if there were any trick/unexpected questions   Answer Question
    Don't be afraid to push your salary, or hourly rate and MAKE sure you get it! Meaning check you clock slips, and check the online site where you can check how much you get paid.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in October 2014.

Was contacted by who later became known to me as the REGIONAL MANAGER for an interview. The location was about 30 minutes from my house. I was a bit deterred by the distance but I headed out anyway. After at very brief interview, with two people at once, I was told that there was a position open closer to my residence. I was told that I would receive a call from the hiring manager at that location in two days. After a week I decided to make a follow up call. I spoke with the gentleman that initially interviewed me for a status update and was told that the person whom I was expecting a call from was actually with him at that very moment and that I could meet with her at her store location for an interview. I arrived for the interview, introduced myself and we began discussing my qualifications. The hiring manager was VERY impressed with my knowledge of the business and how I articulated my experiences. She was very honest with me by telling me that she WAS NOT going to contact me for an interview but decided to meet with me because of my continued interest. I was ultimately hired as an assistant manager when her location was only interested in acquiring a shift lead!!!!

Interview Questions
    The general manager was not prepared to make an assistant manager offer but after becoming familiarized with my qualifications, offered me 100% of the job market value of a Five Guys assistant manager position.

Any Position Open Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in September 2014.

I showed up dressed very formally, you dont really have to but i just did because i really needed a job and i care about my first impression. My hiring manager asked me what i knew about the five guys restaurant, asked why i wanted to work there. Asked me many questions, such as what are my strengths, how would I feel in certain situations, explained that I need to be loud when yelling out the patties. Told me I needed to be talkative and not shy. Told me that it does get busy and I need to be on point. Then he allowed me to ask questions about the job. He also explained all the tasks you need to do. After the interview he then told me I looked great for the interview and that I am very well spoken.

Crew Member Interview

I applied for the job via craigslist and i got an email back to schedule an interview. The interview itself was really short and i was hardly asked any questions, the manager told me i was hired and that they would call me to come in and fill out paperwork. The phone call never came. Some time had passed and i finally called them. Basically i waited around for two months after my interview before i got "hired." They even told me i'd train at another location, but they never called me.

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Called on the phone, met in person, tested knowledge of the food industry, hired by a franchise owner not corporate to run multiple stores. I had already been a former employee and knew the setup.