Five Guys Burgers & Fries Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in June 2014.

I walked in and asked if there were openings and was handed an application, told to come back for on-site interviews. The interviewer seemed really friendly, but really intense about seeking out the qualifications he wanted in a potential employee. He didn't sugarcoat just how much energy and devotion you need to have to work at a Five Guys and asked many typical interview questions. At the end of maybe a 30 minute conversation, he told me I would be on a waiting list and directed me to a location that was way too far away for me to commute to on a regular basis - apparently that location needed employees far more than the one I actually wanted to work at. It was very off-putting

Interview Questions
    • The question that was most difficult was probably: "What is the most difficult situation you have faced in a position of leadership and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied for the job via craigslist and i got an email back to schedule an interview. The interview itself was really short and i was hardly asked any questions, the manager told me i was hired and that they would call me to come in and fill out paperwork. The phone call never came. Some time had passed and i finally called them. Basically i waited around for two months after my interview before i got "hired." They even told me i'd train at another location, but they never called me.

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

Called on the phone, met in person, tested knowledge of the food industry, hired by a franchise owner not corporate to run multiple stores. I had already been a former employee and knew the setup.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in July 2014.

Saw a flyer advertising the position, and replied to the designated email with my resume. Got an email response a few days later to fill out an application, and got a same day interview about a week after that. Interview was with the store owners in their office at a different Five Guys location. I was asked about my relevant work experience and other basic interview questions. The owner mentioned that I was a bit quiet, which was a turn off for new employees since you have to yell orders back and forth. I was told they would be doing call backs in about a week, after which I would set up an interview with the general manager. When I didn't receive a call back, I called to ask about the status of my application and was told they already contacted those who they were interested in.

Overnight Crew Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

For their flagship store, I did a group interview but this is unusual. You should get in touch with Allison or her assistant Emily at FGNY. If you show you really want it by being knowledgeable about the company and having an upbeat attitude, the job is yours. They're pretty much always hiring.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about our company? They're big on that. You're gonna do online training where you will learn more but it's obvious that they want you to know their origin and understand that Five Guys is family owned and that that's how they do business.   View Answer
    You don't negotiate; you start at around 9.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Neptune, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neptune, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.

I found the add on craiglist in 2009, went in to apply and they hired me on the spot. I spoke to the GM and he explained everything that I would be doing. However, I know this is not the normal case within this company as I have worked here for 5 years.

No negotiation. You start at min. wage.

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Watertown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in December 2011.

Open interview - panel of Assistant Managers, Manager and Franchise Owner
    Asked generalized questions about experience and work ethic. They then went on to ask a bit about the interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer In n out burger or Five Guys   View Answer
    No negotiation. Minimum wage to start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rocky River, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky River, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in October 2012.

the interview was short and after taking the postion full of misconceptions of my standing with the company. I was approched having left a bigger company with over 5 years of management experince for a management postion with five guys. once hired in the pay discussed in the interview was not met.

Interview Questions
    there wasn't one. I was hired in at minimum wage with the promise of management.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in January 2014.

A friend told me they was hiring so I went & spoke to the manager & he told me do I know my math & gave me alittle math quiz then told me fill the application online & come back that next Wednesday . That Wednesday he hired me . The pay was 8.25 a hour .

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stuart, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Five Guys Burgers & Fries in May 2014.

The manager called me at around 2:30PM saying he wanted to schedule an interview three days from the day; Friday. I accepted, and showed up 10 minutes early on Friday. The Interview lasted maybe five minutes, and ended on the exact time the interview was scheduled. The questions were all capability questions like "can you lift 30-50lbs" and "can you interact well with others". I thought I did great, and he told me he'd call me on monday. He didn't, so I called, and said he has a second interview to schedule with me on Friday. I said OK. Friday came, and he called me saying the GM was unavaliable so he;d have to reschedule to next tuesday. I said OK again, but on Saturday, he called canceling that second interview and basically saying No you can't work here. I have no idea what I did wrong.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were relatively easy. They need an "outgoing, lively, energetic" person.   View Answer

Worked for Five Guys Burgers & Fries? Contribute to the Community!