Five Rings Capital Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

3.7

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

Applied online through their site and heard back two days later wanting to schedule a call. My interview was basically a phone screen. Pretty technical and detailed for a phone screen, I was caught off guard a bit. The call was about an hour and a half long. Be ready to answer questions quickly, they really don't take time for small talk. There were about 50 questions in total. There were zero fit questions, almost all programming questions

Interview Questions

• Extremely minute details of the C language. Lots of structs, pointers, overloaded while loops where you had to keep track of multiple variables. Also a lot of types and printf statements. Overall not a very good test of any programming ability as the answers were only to be computed using pen and paper.   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

I had a phone interview. They asked me to describe my programming experience and what my career plans are. Then they asked me four probability questions. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Got an email asking to schedule a phone interview a week later. The interviewer was an HR representative who seemed to be reading off a sheet of technical questions. You will not be notified whether you are right or wong before moving on to the next question. There were no fit questions.

Interview Questions

• How many coins would you have to toss such that the probability of getting two heads in total is 50%? If A, B, and C are integers between 1 and 10 (inclusive), how many different combinations of A, B, and C exist such that A<B<C? Consider a set containing the integers between 1 and 10 (inclusive). How many unique subsets exist such that the sum of the elements of the subset is 10? What is the expected number of consecutive heads in a sequence of 3 coin tosses?   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Five Rings Capital in January 2015.

Interview

I only made it to the first round. It was a phone screening. The interviewer called about 10 minutes late, omitted an apology and was very quick in giving me the questions and hurried in general. The interview ended abruptly. She was really unnecessarily cold and made the process more unenjoyable than it should be. The questions were rigorous.

Interview Questions

• Considering the set of numbers from 1-10 how many subsets sum to 10   2 Answers

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Five Rings Capital (Cambridge, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied from online school career service, and was given a telephone interview. The interviewee chose the slots from online survey. The interviewer asked me a few questions about my resume and then technical questions. The interviewer is expecting a really quick response, so I guess spending more time preparing the technique questions is important.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember clearly , but I think it's about probability problems of dies   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Interview

Phone interview. I submitted my resume and got an email the next day. I entered an online system to select one time slot for phone interview. The interview lasted for about 40 min. I didn't answer the first question so I didn't get into the next round.

Interview Questions

• A has 6 dollars and B has 4 dollars. They bet one dollar each time by flipping an unbiased coin until one of them runs out of money. What is the probability of A winning all the money.   1 Answer

Trading Interview

Interview

They just asked a bunch of stat and probability questions. The interviewer was nice enough, but went from one question to another and did not ask any personal questions. In total I was probably asked 5 or 6 questions.

Interview Questions

• Sets A,B,C contains numbers 1-10. How many combinations are there that A<B<C?   2 Answers

Trading Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an phone interview after a month. The lady in the phone asked me some behavioral questions for like 4 to 5 mins and then asked me to prepare a pencil and paper. She asked me which number between 1 to 100 has the most divisor . Since the signal is not quit well, she asked me to reschedule the interview.

Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Five Rings Capital in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume at campus career fair and was asked to submit my resume online. It took 4-5 weeks until I get an invitation for a phone interview. I was asked basic probability questions.

Interview Questions

• A has 6 points and B has 4 points. The flip a coin and if it's a head, then A gets a point. If it's a tail, then B gets a point. What's the probability that A wins with 10 points?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Five Rings Capital (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

There was absolutely no behavioral questions(only minor ones, which ask where you graduated from, your visa status and did you need sponsorship). There were only probability and estimation questions. The interviewer was very impatient but gave you hints when you answered the questions incorrectly.

Interview Questions

• How heavy was the Effel Tower? How many gas stations are United States? What is the number of countries which has population less than 10 million?   Answer Question