Five Rings Capital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Updated Jul 8, 2014

3.7

Trading Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

I sent in my resume then was contacted via email to have a phone screen. The questions posted by others here were exactly the questions that I was asked. I had a total of three phone interviews, with probability questions, some personality questions, and questions that seemed to be aimed at finding out how motivated I was by money (they had me name my least favorite possible job then asked how much money it would take for me to do that job).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing was when they gave their personality test types of questions. They would give you a situation and you had to pick one of a few options, and it seemed like there was probably a preferred answer, but it was hard to know what it was.   Answer Question

Trading Summer Intern Interview

first round phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the approximate distance between Miami and London   Answer Question

Summee Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

Confirm information first, ask if you have any programming background, then ask two question. Nothing fancy or difficult as for my interview. Be comfortable. The interviewer seems to be a littlw busy when giving the interview.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions is "how many factors does 210 have".   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

I applied online, got an e-mail from the recruiter to schedule a 30-minute phone interview. No "fit" questions or anything and simply a bunch of technical exercises that I had time to complete. The lady was very abrupt and the whole interview felt pretty much like a probability exam.

Interview Questions
    • There are 5 balls, 3 red, and 2 black. What is the probability that a random ordering of the 5 balls does not have the 2 black balls next to each other?   View Answers (2)

Trading Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

I did a phone interview through which the lady asked me around four math/probability questions. They got harder as I went and the interview was supposed to be 30minutes, but I went up to around 45. She didn't seem too patient, and it was hard to tell sometimes what she was saying. She like sped up talking in her sentences.

Interview Questions
    • In all the arrangements of a circular ordering (?) from 1 to 5 what is the expectation of the number(s) that are higher than the ones to both its right and left?   View Answers (4)

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Five Rings Capital in February 2014.

Had a couple phone calls with Technical C question

Interview Questions
    • A question that involved C behavior for int x = string y= char z = 15   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Five Rings Capital.

several rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Despite the fact that I said I didn't know C, the interviewer proceeded to ask me a very long series of inane C syntax questions. Truly the most ridiculous interview I've ever had. She didn't bother to even ask me to solve any problems, only to predict the output of some small programs in C. It was also a phone interview, so she had to tell me character by character each program. What a waste of time.   Answer Question

Trader Assistant Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting system, and got the interview in October. The interview is conducted by HR and very short. They just ask two brain teasers.
    1. the largest prime under 1000?

Interview Questions
    • four numbers, 1, 2, 3, 4, three operator, +,-,*, put them randomly, Q: expectation   Answer Question

Trading Intern Interview

Five rings capital trading intern first round phone interview.
    Submitted resume -> they contacted me to schedule phone interview

Interview Questions
    • 1. There are 4 by 4 square grid pathways connecting southwest end and northeast end. How many different ways do exist?
      2. Sum every numbers divisible by 7 under 1,000
        View Answers (2)

Assistant Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Five Rings Capital in October 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting process and got a phone call interview after a week. There are a problem about sponsorship and a problem about what's your computing language. And then 2 math/probability questions. I think I got the second wrong so she cut the third question.

Interview Questions
    • 1 what is sum of numbers under 1000 which can be divided by 17?   View Answer
    • 2 there are 4 digits (1,2,3,4) and 3 operators (an add, a minus and a multiply ), which are put randomly, what is the expectation of this calculation   View Answers (2)

Worked for Five Rings Capital? Contribute to the Community!