Five Star Quality Care

Updated Oct 25, 2014
Updated Oct 25, 2014

2.6

Marketing Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Five Star Quality Care.

After emailing my resume and initial phone interview, I met with the Executive Director and LNHA. Both are professional, cordial, and seem to be good leaders with the respect of their team. The questions were typical skills based with a few behavior and attitude probing. No tour was offered due to time constraints of both. After the interview, I was given a lengthy application to complete. I am impressed with the upkeep and future plans for renovation of the community. And, though I was not offered the position, I am grateful for the courtesy of feedback including how I measured up to the candidate who was selected.

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Five Star Quality Care.

interviewed by 5 persons at different levels

Interview Questions
    • nothing is unexpected or difficult if you have some working experience   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Five Star Quality Care.

Everyone was very friendly. I had two in person interviews and one phone interview. The questions were job centered and based on past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing out of the ordinary it was more a get to know you type of interview process   Answer Question

Marketing/Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Five Star Quality Care in January 2013.

One phone interview with VP of Marketing/sales in person interview with VP of Operations

Interview Questions
    • How to keep from getting personally involved.   View Answer

OTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC

I applied through other source – interviewed at Five Star Quality Care in August 2011.

Rehab Director was very unprofessional during my interview talked badly about former employee whom I was replacing........ I regret not listening to this big red flag

Interview Questions
    • Do you actually like working with patients with dementia or do you just tolerate them?   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Five Star Quality Care in November 2010.

Hiring process takes more than a month - from the initial application to final paperwork and orientation. I was only interviewed once, for about five minutes, and immediately offered the position, even though I had absolutely no kitchen experience. I was only interviewed by one person, and then sent through an endless round of paperwork and other forms.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. He asked why I wanted the job, he asked if I had any experience, and then he asked how soon I could start. I was immediately offered the job.   Answer Question

Residence Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Five Star Quality Care in February 2009.

This interview started with email questions and tests sent by email. The communication process was excellent, at the beginning. They responded immediately to the receipt of my email with attached resume. Then the HR representative followed up with online tests and a phone interview. After that process was complete my information was turned over to their regional director for review. An appointment to speak by telephone was confirmed and the call took place. We spent a great deal of time talking about the company, my management style, innovative ideas to create increased census and what a day to day routine would look like with me as their community leader. I was told a face to face, one on one interview would be scheduled the following week. This was a month ago with no follow up. I felt like they may have been polite enough to respond, at a minimum, through email to say thank you but no thank you. It was very disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you seeking work?   View Answers (2)
    • How do you manage your family life when you must put in the hours it takes to have a successful community?   View Answer

Waitress Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Five Star Quality Care in January 2008.

Just basic interview. quite easy. got job as a high school junior.

n/a