Five9 Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2014
Updated May 29, 2014

Professional Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Five9 in February 2014.

Very well organized process. Recruiter was very professional, followed up and represented the company well. I was interviewed by 3 people individually for 30-40 minutes. All seemed to really enjoy working at five9.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked a very random, highly technical question which really had nothing to do with the position (directly).   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Five9.

VP of sales, Homero, did interviewing initially. After that you interview with 2-3 sales executives (Before it was 7-10) that basically figure out if you will take business from them. No execs have any influence on the ultimate decision, so it's a waste of time. Just be friendly, aggressive, and smile, and you'll get hired. They changed their mentality. Churn is good. Best leads go to the good old boys. New reps cold call.

Interview Questions
    • None really. It's not hard to get hired here. We just hired a golf pro with no experience in SaaS. Nice guy.   View Answer
    None. All get the same deal.

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Five9 in June 2012.

Hiring VP was very gung-ho about hiring for this position and expected to have the role hired within 2 weeks, even though the company didn't have a CMO in place. Then, something changed and follow up was put off for a few weeks. When that week came around, recruiter said an internal referral surfaced and they were going to vet that candidate. Within 24 hours, they apparently hired that guy because I got the standard email from HR saying the role had been filled. Impressions about the employees I met and encountered were all good; they seem nice and smart, though I would've appreciated more transparency in the process. Candidates can take it... we realize we're not the only one interviewing and the company's going to hire the best fit. It was hard to gauge company culture, as the office was super quiet and everybody lives in cubicle land. I know they relocated offices a few months prior, but the lack of anything on the walls made it seem a bit bland. Culture is so important these days, I hope Five9 is able to showcase theirs a little bit better within its walls, and soon!

Interview Questions
    • Sales VP was laser focused on specifics around how the role would help his team, so be prepared with direct ideas.   Answer Question