Flashbay

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Flashbay.

I applied online, I was contacted quite quickly. I attended a 2 stage interview process - I was introduced to the Company culture and asked a range of questions. There were some tough questions!

There was an interview via phone, followed by 2 face to face interviews. Very professional process but the stages progressed quickly so I wasn't left waiting for long prior to the next stage - which was great.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some technical questions regarding some very recent updates within my specialism.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Flashbay.

Get a phone call with some very generic questions and get the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Flashbay in November 2012.

I applied for Flashbay as I wanted to be involved in someway with making technology accessible.

During the interview I was asked about how USB drives could be used in promotional activity. I managed to identify many of the
    ways in which this could be done however one or two such as putting a company's brochure and catalogue on the drive preloaded
    I hadn't previously thought of.

Coming into the office I was greeted by a nice cup of tea and a friendly introduction by the receptionist. I only waited two to three
    minutes before the interview and then everything was underway.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel you gained most from your university education?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Flashbay in October 2012.

I spotted the job posted on Gumtree and went from there. I was excited to get a call back the next day after I emailed my cv and cover letter to discuss my interest in the position. We also discussed what working at Flashbay would look like day-to-day and in terms of a career step.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting the company to take the time initially to test the water with a phone call to ensure that my expectations were in line with the position, and that I was clear on all of the demands and rewards of the position.

Really appreciated that - often with other employers you turn up for an interview and realise half way through that you are not compatible, this was different.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Flashbay in July 2012.

First of all everything started as I submitted my cv online through the company's recruitment portal.

After a day I received a call from Flashbay which basically functioned as an opportunity to get to know each other. They introduced the company's environment, work ethic and vision and asked me a few straight forward questions about where I felt I was going and what I had planned for the coming months and years.

I guess the conversation lasted around 10 minutes before I was asked if I could complete some online tests and if I was available over the next week to come into the office for a 1:1 interview.

The interview seemed to focus on my attitude and working style, and also introduced me to who my future reporting structure.

I was really excited to receive an offer however due to a change in personal circumstances I had to politely decline the opportunity. Great feedback at every stage and I am sure that the company is fantastic to work for.

Interview Questions
    • Being honest if you fully prepare and understand what the company does there shouldn't be any questions that are unexpected. Although putting yourself into the shoes of a customer is always a challenge.   Answer Question

Change in personal circumstances

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Flashbay in July 2012.

After the phone interview I was sent a helpful map to find the office. I always come about 10 min early to interviews to ensure that everything goes smoothly - rather than being turned away and asked to return later I was offered something to drink and was able to relax before everything started.

Interview Questions
    • The whole experience was one of the best ones I've had and I'm now part of the German sales team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Flashbay in May 2012.

I emailed the company's contact email address on their website as I heard about Flashbay during my prior work experience with a top PR agency.
    I was surprised that they managed to get back to me within two days. So often with these things the emails that one sends are forgotten and not replied to .

When I came into the office for my interview for the internship I was immediately greeted by smiles and a warm welcome. A selection of teas and coffees were offered alongside a cool glass of water.
    My initial impression of the work environment was positive and professional. As I spent more time around the office these first instincts were proven correct, and I've been particularly impressed by the work ethic and culture.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give examples of where I had been able to show flexibility and respond to situations that developed unexpectedly.   Answer Question
    As an intern I was able to discuss openly my commitments as a student and the management were very understanding in terms of fitting the role around my prior commitments.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Flashbay in January 2010.

A very brief interview with only a few questions where the interviewer is acting more like a sales person bragging about the company and how much money can be made.

Interview Questions
    • This is nothing like a normal interview. Not really many questions and certainly no difficult questions.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. An email with a job offer is being sent and in that the salary etc are specified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Flashbay in June 2009.

After filling in an online application form on the website for the position of Sales Account Manager I was contacted by phone just three hours later!

They then scheduled an interview with me at a convenient time for both sides for later in the same week. Honestly I was surprised by the efficiency and the genuine interest that managers have in candidates.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging questions would have to be: "From our sample pack what do you perceive as our most popular models?"   View Answer