Flatiron Construction

Interviews for Top Jobs at Flatiron Construction

Field Engineer/Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Flatiron Construction in July 2010.

Organized concerning the set up and contacting, giving directions and what to expect in the interview. Important to be willing to show passion for the current position you're applying for. Show that you want it! Give good examples of experience and be ready to answer any and every question related to the work and random questions about yourself as well.

Interview Questions
    • Do you deserve or expect concerning compensation?   View Answer
    • How do you face challenges that you don't know the solution to?   View Answer
    Consider being open to all options. Don't be close minded and don't bite, but offer time to think about the offer. Make sure it is fair to you, but also don't appear to be some know it all fresh out of college, because no one in the work force really thinks you're that special right out of college!

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Flatiron Construction in April 2012.

Obtained employment through a contact with the company. Interview process was simple and was offered the job on the spot. I believe I was a good candidate for the job so didnt expect too much discussion. I was more or less hired prior to the interview, the interview was more to dell me more about my job duties, salary, etc.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the salary/terms they offered as I needed a job right away. The offer was much lower than I had expected due to not being offered a live out allowance for relocation and working in a remote city.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Flatiron Construction in November 2009.

Started with phone interview from HR rep, then turned over to hiring manager. Interview consisted of vague questions about skills, experience and education. Culture seemed disorganized. Interviewer chose to focus on projects they have worked on to try and sell me on working there. The experience made me feel like I would be a cog in the wheel and not a major contributor. They seem to try to recruit successful candidates from competitiors primarily to try and improve their culture from the bottom up. Hiring manager lacked passion for his work and that didn't seem like a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

Lack of in-depth questions on experience. Interviewer chose to focus on projects they have worked on to try and sell me on working there. The experience made me feel like I would be a cog in the wheel and not a major contributor. They seem to try to recruit successful candidates from competitiors primarily to try and improve their culture from the bottom up. Hiring manager lacked passion for his work and that didn't seem like a good fit for me.