Fleishman-Hillard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in March 2014.

Interview Details – From first call to final decline, it took almost four months. Very dragged out and a rather unprofessional process. I interviewed with eight people over that time. The recruiter took over two weeks after each interview to even respond back to me. It is unprofessional to waste a candidate's time. I felt like they were using me as a back up until they found someone better. That's a lot of wasted thank you letters. I will never interview with this firm again nor recommend to my many friends in the business.

Interview Question – If you were a phone app, which app would you be?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard

Interview Details – Interview is difficult to obtain as you typically need to know someone currently in the firm. The company prefers online resume entries. The company has various fields that interview differently. Talent Development (HR) typically begins with a phone interview.

Intern Interview

Intern
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard.

Interview Details – 1st: phone interview. 2nd: in-person interview. 3rd: in-person interview with multiple people and a written test (writing a pitch)

Interview Question – Writing a pitch (about a new health drink) in a timed setting.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive

Interview Details – The hiring process was coordinated almost exclusively through FH's corporate office in St. Louis. This was fine logistically, but took out some of the personal experience that tends to come with interviewing for a new career. My only interactions with the office where I would be working came with my face-to-face interview (I had an initial phone interview with the St. Louis recruiter) and writing test. It was difficult to gauge whether I was a good fit for the office because of this process.

Interview Question – FH prides itself on hiring PR professionals with backgrounds in journalism, or close ties to the journalism industry. You will be asked to name journalists that you know and have relationships with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – FH uses the hiring practice of many other firms - they ask you what your ideal salary will be and what your current salary is. This puts pressure on the applicant to downplay your salary expectations - don't! FH matched my "target" salary right off the bat, which made me wish I had asked for more initially.

Internship, Diversity Fellowship Interview

Internship, Diversity Fellowship
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard.

Interview Details – Getting in contact with FH was fairly simple. I was sent an email form my university communications department regarding internship opportunities. FH had a brochure attached in which they informed potential applicants to send a resume to a specified email. Once they had my resume they contacted me within about a week or two to schedule an interview. If I remember correctly I had one phone and two in persons. After not getting the internship I was also interviewed for the Fellowship. This was more informal since I had prior contact due to the internship interview. I was not offered a position- partially due to a lack of funding. However, my interviews went well with my first round being more laxed than the latter two.

Interview Question – By the 3rd round the questions were tough. The fellowship interview was hardest because I met a lot of tough people that were high up in the company. It was a while ago so I don't remember many questions.   View Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in September 2012.

Interview Details – I actually started at Fleishman as an intern, then I became an Alfred Fleishman Fellow and finally I was hired as an Assistant Account Executive. I first interviewed with the intern coordinators in the office. A day later I was interviewed by those on the team I would be working for. A day later I got a call for the internship, everything after that was more of an internal move up the ladder.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary. Asked about recent events. The typical interview questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initially communicated with HR via email. Then was contacted by intern program coordinators to schedule a 30-minute interview at the office. The interview was relatively light, focused mainly on discussing my studies and resume experience. They called later in the week to offer me a spot in the program.

Interview Question – Give us a recent example in the news of a company that you think employed PR in a smart way, and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interns are offered a base salary rate that's not negotiable.

Managing Supervisor Interview

Managing Supervisor

Interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard

Interview Details – The people who interviewed me were a bit aloof. Also, I was a bit insulted by the question of why I wasn't higher up on the ladder already. This is largely based on the fact that my husband's career has moved us around the country, but not relevant.

Interview Question – Why aren't you already in this position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This company is a machine. I was told that half of my time would be spent on new business, which isn't a good sign for an account team position.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen, then interviewed in-person with 3 people a few weeks later.

Interview Question – None, really   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive

Interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of in-person interviews over the course of several months. Took a writing test, which was straightforward, but timed. Most of the in-person interview questions were about my background and job-related experience, less behavior-based questions. Met with all levels to learn more about the job and culture of the team I would be joining.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult question asked was one that put me on the spot about my industry knowledge for the position for which I was applying.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fleishman-Hillard

Worked for Fleishman-Hillard? Contribute to the Community!

Fleishman-Hillard Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fleishman-Hillard interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fleishman-Hillard employees and interview candidates.