Fleishman-Hillard

Getting the Interview

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in March 2011.

Interview Details – Responded immediately that my materials were receieved.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Public Relations Intern Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call a month later, came in that week for an in person interview, atmosphere was very corporate and stiff, was interviewed by two AEs and the vice president. Interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and then was emailed a writing test to complete in two hours. Basic AP style knowledge, little creativity required. After I submitted the writing test I never heard back, despite following up. Extremely disappointed considering FH's reputation for professionalism. Perhaps its just the office I interviewed with but I was very unimpressed.

Interview Question – How do you work in teams? Why public relations?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard.

Interview Details – Two interviews were conducted. The first interview was over the phone and the second was a 3 hour long interview in their office in Dallas, TX. The phone interview went really well. It was about 30 minutes long and very in depth. We went over my resume and they asked a lot of traditional interview questions. The second interview was in their office. I met with two people in a room, one person from the traditional side of PR and the other from digital. That interview was question intensive and situational oriented and lasted about an hour. Then I took a five part test that covered a wide range of PR skills. Two weeks later they called me and offered me the internship. I accepted and had a great experience that increased my skill set.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to take a fall for someone else? What are your weaknesses and how are you going about improving them? When was a time that you struggled in a work environment and how to you recover from it?   Answer Question

Talent Development Intern Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was called by an intern. She set up the interview with the hiring manager and supervisor.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short.

New York, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact with the company was very tedious - I was basically shuttled back and forth between HR in HQ and HR in the office that I wanted to join for almost 2 months before I had real contact with anyone. After scheduling the interview, the process was must faster and smoother and I was asked to complete a writing test right away, to be returned within the hour. After the interviewer assessed my writing test, I was given a phone interview which lasted almost an hour. The interviewer was very accommodating of my schedule and she was stern, but also eager to share her hiring process/working experience with the company. Her questions varied a lot, and I sometimes found myself scrambling for answers since it didn't feel like her questions were prepared in a set order. Fortunately, I received an official offer 3 days later.

Interview Question – Internet age has changed our ways to communicate. What do you think makes a good communication tool and how do you think the current trending tools on the market (Twitter, Facebook, etc) should be used to further our services?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an internship so I did not think it would be appropriate to negotiate.

Public Relations Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in June 2008.

Interview Details – Very thorough process that included several meetings. This gave them the chance to get to know me and me the chance to get to know the organization.

Interview Question – Describe the kinds of programs you have managed on behalf of clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No issues with negotiating the terms

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in June 2010.

Interview Details – After interning with Fleishman-Hillard for about a year, they were very friendly and open to putting me in touch with the right people in order to apply for a full-time position. They did warn me they take a long time to move along with the process, and they weren't lying. I applied in mid-March and didn't have a phone interview until late April, and then was invited for a face-to-face interview with 3 different people in mid-June. Although I was not offered a job, it took them another 3 weeks after the interview to tell me.

However, everyone I interacted with and met with was extremely positive and engaging, and I always felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

Digital Interview

Dale, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in February 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was laid back, literally a get-to-know you chat. Was contacted within a week with an invitation to an in-office interview. 4 interviewers - all super nice and laid back, went over my resume, etc. Had a writing test, which included research and proofreading.

Interview Question – How would you create a campaign around a location-based phone application?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Dallas, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in August 2008.

Interview Details – First you speak with an HR representative for a screening call where you're asked your salary range, job expectations, and geographic preferences. Then, you proceed with a number of interviews with staff in the office you're interviewing for. A writing test may be involved for junior level staff.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a crisis communication campaign you worked on   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes - days off

Digital Practice Group Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fleishman-Hillard in March 2007.

Interview Details – Rigorous, but not overdone.

Interview Questions

• How could I relate to one of the firms tenets about being entrepreneurial as a way to further business efforts.   View Answer
  • How would I feel about working abroad, if need be, for prolonged stints.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My ask fit in well with the ob parameters, so negotiation wasn't an issue.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fleishman-Hillard