FleishmanHillard

Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.2

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

i got a phone call and went to the office for a one on one interview. later in the intern coordinator came in and I talked to her briefly too, but it was mainly a behavioral interview with no unexpected questions

Interview Questions
  • didn't have any questions that was too unexpected. it was a behavioral interview   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FleishmanHillard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Initial contact was conducted via email to schedule a time for a telephonic interview. The staff was energetic and attentive. The telephonic interview was great! I haven't gone through the interview process in over 10 years, so maybe I didn't do so well, but the questions were not too difficult or outrageous that anyone with a little experience couldn't answer logically.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult or unexpected. I anticipated the question about my qualifications and had prepared my answer ahead of time.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in August 2014.

I was very disappointed in the lack of professionalism in this company's hiring process. I responded very quickly to the email that asked me what times worked for me for setting up two interviews. I sent my times and thanked them for considering me. I waited throughout the week thinking one of the times would be selected and that they had not sent me an email confirmation because that was not how they run the interviews. It was when there was only one time left that I had picked that I decided to call, and there had been a miscommunication. I talked to the hiring manager who said that most people they consider had already responded within an hour of receiving the email. One of the divisions I was going to potentially interview with had already been filled and the other was considering different candidates.

The most disappointing part of this, is that I did not hear anything until the end of the week when I reached out to the company about why I had not been contacted. I would expect that if the candidates had already been chosen, that by the time my email reached the company the hiring manager could write to me and tell me that there were no spots left. At the very least I would not have waited all week expecting to have these interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard.

1st: phone interview. 2nd: in-person interview. 3rd: in-person interview with multiple people and a written test (writing a pitch)

Interview Questions
    • Writing a pitch (about a new health drink) in a timed setting.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at FleishmanHillard in July 2013.

Met with three people, interview took about 3 hours (2 hours for a test). Generally was a positive experience. Was offered a position two weeks later, which I did accept. I did not think the interview process was difficult, and everyone I spoke with was a good experience. Did take a few weeks between initial contact and phone call to set up interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in April 2013.

Initially communicated with HR via email. Then was contacted by intern program coordinators to schedule a 30-minute interview at the office. The interview was relatively light, focused mainly on discussing my studies and resume experience. They called later in the week to offer me a spot in the program.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a recent example in the news of a company that you think employed PR in a smart way, and why.   Answer Question
    Interns are offered a base salary rate that's not negotiable.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in September 2012.

Simple interview process- I was contacted by phone initally and asked a few simple questions and set up an official phone interview. I then flew to the office over break for an in person interview and the writing test (about a 3 hour process)

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you felt your abilities were limited. How did you feel? How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

I received a better offer from an agency that had a less corporate atmosphere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at FleishmanHillard.

Two interviews were conducted. The first interview was over the phone and the second was a 3 hour long interview in their office in Dallas, TX. The phone interview went really well. It was about 30 minutes long and very in depth. We went over my resume and they asked a lot of traditional interview questions. The second interview was in their office. I met with two people in a room, one person from the traditional side of PR and the other from digital. That interview was question intensive and situational oriented and lasted about an hour. Then I took a five part test that covered a wide range of PR skills. Two weeks later they called me and offered me the internship. I accepted and had a great experience that increased my skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to take a fall for someone else? What are your weaknesses and how are you going about improving them? When was a time that you struggled in a work environment and how to you recover from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in July 2012.

The interview was very comfortable. Both the phone and Skype (or inperson depending on geographic location) were with the same two members of the intern committee. They were friendly and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FleishmanHillard in April 2011.

Initial contact with the company was very tedious - I was basically shuttled back and forth between HR in HQ and HR in the office that I wanted to join for almost 2 months before I had real contact with anyone. After scheduling the interview, the process was must faster and smoother and I was asked to complete a writing test right away, to be returned within the hour. After the interviewer assessed my writing test, I was given a phone interview which lasted almost an hour. The interviewer was very accommodating of my schedule and she was stern, but also eager to share her hiring process/working experience with the company. Her questions varied a lot, and I sometimes found myself scrambling for answers since it didn't feel like her questions were prepared in a set order. Fortunately, I received an official offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Internet age has changed our ways to communicate. What do you think makes a good communication tool and how do you think the current trending tools on the market (Twitter, Facebook, etc) should be used to further our services?   Answer Question
    It was an internship so I did not think it would be appropriate to negotiate.